Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heartworm Positive Pug in Topeka Shelter

+8
Puggered
We're Here
Pugsaunt
Renee
Saira
HuggaPug
Aussie Witch
HK Pugs
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Heartworm Positive Pug in Topeka Shelter Empty Heartworm Positive Pug in Topeka Shelter

Post  HK Pugs 7/7/2011, 11:14 pm

Saving Death Row Dogs is in dire need of a foster home
for this little 3 to 4 year old heartworm positive boy.

He is in the Topeka Shelter but a foster in Kansas City
will work as well.

If you or someone you know can help please send me a
message and I will contact you.

I am at the max on animals or I would be at the shelter
now pulling this poor baby.

Heartworm Positive Pug in Topeka Shelter Ry%3D400
HK Pugs
HK Pugs

Number of posts : 1550

Back to top Go down

Heartworm Positive Pug in Topeka Shelter Empty Re: Heartworm Positive Pug in Topeka Shelter

Post  Aussie Witch 7/8/2011, 5:45 am

That face is breaking my heart. PLEASE someone save him! Crying or Very sad
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Heartworm Positive Pug in Topeka Shelter Empty Re: Heartworm Positive Pug in Topeka Shelter

Post  HuggaPug 7/8/2011, 8:20 am

There is not a Pug Rescue in Kansas.....but maybe Midwest Pug Rescue could help?
Contact Name: Lisa Farrell
Contact e-mail:
luvforpugs@aol.com

/* */

HuggaPug
HuggaPug

Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  HK Pugs 7/8/2011, 8:38 am

Saving Death Row Dogs is an all breed rescue but we
are very short on foster homes with pug experience,
especial one that is heartworm positive.

Don't worry Rona he will be out by this weekend, we
won't let him become a statistic.
HK Pugs
HK Pugs

Back to top Go down

Post  HuggaPug 7/8/2011, 8:40 am

I wish I lived closer.....I'd foster him in a heartbeat! What a face!
HuggaPug
HuggaPug

Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 7/8/2011, 10:59 am

Man, if I was still in KS, I'd take him in a second. His face kills me. I hope you find an experienced foster for him! I've sent an email out to my friends back in KS but most of them have big dogs.
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 7/8/2011, 1:10 pm

Ugh, how sad! His poor little face. Please, someone rescue him!
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 7/8/2011, 3:18 pm

HK Pugs wrote:
Don't worry Rona he will be out by this weekend, we
won't let him become a statistic.

Oh THANK DOG. His little pleading face and that paw held up........ Crying or Very sad Thank you Kathy. Heartworm Positive Pug in Topeka Shelter 335895
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 7/8/2011, 7:03 pm

Hallelujah that he is safe! That face and little paw got to me, too. Crying or Very sad
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Heartworm Positive Pug in Topeka Shelter Empty Update on the Pug in the Topeka Shelter

Post  HK Pugs 7/8/2011, 8:29 pm

First, let me tell you that Homeward Bound is going to take this
little boy. I've been in touch with Anita, one of their volunteers,
and was a good friend to Prairie Pugs, she will be here tomorrow to pick
him up. He's in good hands.

Now for the a**holes that surrender him! Heartworm Positive Pug in Topeka Shelter 319810 The reason, he kept getting
their females pregnant. Gee, haven't they figured out how that happens?
He is not only heartworm positive but has major hip dysplasia, and is visually
impaired, not to mention he's INTACT!

Lord give me strength!
HK Pugs
HK Pugs

Back to top Go down

Post  We're Here 7/8/2011, 8:38 pm

Three ounces that any dog can lose without going on a diet-----

We're Here

Number of posts : 893

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 7/8/2011, 8:42 pm

Kathy, people are stupid. Thank you so much for getting this guy out.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  HK Pugs 7/8/2011, 8:53 pm

I forgot to tell you his name is Butkiss! I do believe a name change is in order! Rolling Eyes
HK Pugs
HK Pugs

Back to top Go down

Post  Puggered 7/8/2011, 11:11 pm

Glad he's in rescue and will be neutered. Idiots breeding a HD dog with eye probs, let alone the rest - unhappy future for pups he has sired.

It's ludicrous the amounts of dogs needing rescue these days!
Puggered
Puggered

Number of posts : 1517

Back to top Go down

Post  Milosmom 7/8/2011, 11:53 pm

HK Pugs wrote:I forgot to tell you his name is Butkiss! I do believe a name change is in order! Rolling Eyes

:roll:oiii what a name.. poor little fellow , just breaks my heart. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Milosmom
Milosmom

Number of posts : 1178

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 7/9/2011, 2:35 am

Sounds like the best thing his previous "owners" ever did for him was give him up and start his journey towards LOVING care. And if they couldn't work out how to stop him getting their females pregnant, you wonder how they have enough intelligence to breathe. ARSEHOLES.

Thank you Kathy for ensuring he will be okay. I just can't get over that little face and the paw held up... I don't pray, but will come as close to it as I can for the puppies he's sired with the genetic issues they must now have.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Back to top Go down

Post  pugmom 7/29/2011, 9:03 pm

I know Anita personally. She and her husband are just wonderful pugged people and will do all they can to help this poor misfortunate pug.
pugmom
pugmom

Number of posts : 956

Back to top Go down

Post  TNPUGMOMOF3 7/30/2011, 1:42 am

I know Anita and she rocks! He couldn't be in a better place! I just had a great time with her at a Pug event in Springfield, MO.
TNPUGMOMOF3
TNPUGMOMOF3

Number of posts : 1982

Back to top Go down

Post  Milosmom 8/2/2011, 11:48 am

Does anyone know how this little guy is doing?

I just can't seem to get him out of my mind :(.
Milosmom
Milosmom

Back to top Go down

Post  TNPUGMOMOF3 8/2/2011, 4:35 pm

I will try to email Anita on FB and get an update for you!
TNPUGMOMOF3
TNPUGMOMOF3

Back to top Go down

Post  pugmom 8/4/2011, 10:26 pm

Marci, Did you ever hear anything from Anita?
pugmom
pugmom

Back to top Go down

Post  TNPUGMOMOF3 8/5/2011, 9:54 am

I did! She will have had him a month on this coming Sunday. She said his heartworm treatment is goin very well. She said he is very young, 1-2 yrs old and a little guy. He likes to hike the leg in the house and has been belly banded, but is very sweet and he gets along with her pugs very well and really likes to play with Sawyer and Kiesha. They have been calling him buddy!

I have asked her to post a couple pics of him so that I can put them up here for everyone to see!
TNPUGMOMOF3
TNPUGMOMOF3

Back to top Go down

Post  Milosmom 8/5/2011, 10:38 am

That's so good to hear.

Probably because I was just starting the adventure of HW treatment (education) with Mickey at the time he appeared , I had a really really hard time putting him out of my mind. The pic with his little hand up saying, help me, just stuck with me- more than usual. Crying or Very sad

So happy to hear things are going well for him now.
Milosmom
Milosmom

Back to top Go down

Post  pugmom 8/5/2011, 12:12 pm

This is such good news! Oh yes, a photo or two would be just super. Sounds like little "Buddy" would make someone a wonderful addition to their family. Until then I know he is in a great place.

Oh my, those leg lifters! How well I know them! Belly bands are the best. Whoever came up with that idea should get a medal.
pugmom
pugmom

Back to top Go down

Post  CSollers 8/5/2011, 5:35 pm

That picture is a heart breaker!
CSollers
CSollers

Number of posts : 376

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next