Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with fleas

2 posters

Go down

Help with fleas Empty Help with fleas

Post  Miss Pugg 7/3/2010, 10:24 pm

I am having meniscus surgery on my knee which was injured a month ago. In that time, my dogs have gotten involved in fleas. Here is my scenerio: Frontline about 2 months ago, then vet did AK test and found 2 of them allergic to it & Heartguard, put them on Sentinal. Used it and fleas really enjoyed it. Vet told me to use Frontline again, I did 2 weeks later and the fleas are having a ball. Used Sentinal again which obviously does nothing. Now the fleas are having their grand ball and I am going nuts. I have knee surgery Tuesday and my vet isn't in until then when I'm in the operating room. Her receptionist talked to her yesterday about my problem and she told me to use Frontline again Monday (3 weeks from the last time). I guess I am supposed to use Sentinal again on the 17th (month from last time). Washed them all with Dawn which killed the little critters but they are obviously in our house now and I can't bomb them until I can walk (use wheelchair and walker now). My friend, who was going to board them in her kennel while I was recuperating, suggested using Capstar which is supposed to kill the fleas in 30 minutes and can be used daily. My friend is a groomer at a vet clinic and she said all dogs coming in get the Capstar no matter what flea control they have had and there have been no problems. What I am getting at and can't ask my vet: Can I use Capstar Sunday, then use Frontline Monday? Capstar on line suggests using Program (which my vet doesn't carry). I hate to use Frontline too when they are allergic to it but I am going nuts. One Pug never stops spinning and digging & her skin is turning pink while the other two seemingly aren't bothered, even tho I pick fleas off them. I hope someone who knows something about flea solutions can figure out what I'm trying to say. I see I made a short story long!!! Oh yes, I have washed, then sprayed their bedding, nothing worked there either. Never have had this problem before, esp. since Frontline made its appearance. Oh yes, vet said not to use any flea spray on them (I have been spraying their necks and tail areas almost daily) to no avail. I just couldn't leave them at the kennel knowing I was introducing those nasty little bugs to her clean place. She's coming here to walk the dogs during recuperation and DH is doing a heck of a good job caring for them. Gosh, this is windy!
Miss Pugg
Miss Pugg

Number of posts : 659

Back to top Go down

Help with fleas Empty came in twice

Post  Miss Pugg 7/11/2010, 8:55 pm

I have no idea why this posted twice. My computers both went nuts this a.m. (July 11) but have settled down now.
Miss Pugg
Miss Pugg

Number of posts : 659

Back to top Go down

Help with fleas Empty Re: Help with fleas

Post  PugLady3 7/12/2010, 9:47 am

Is your house carpeted? If so, vacuum-vacuum-vacuum. You can also sprinkle Borax (the powdered laundry detergent) & let it sit for a few hours first. The boric acid in it is supposed to kill them. I've heard that Capstar works wonders but we've thankfully never had to try it ourselves.
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Help with fleas Empty Re: Help with fleas

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down