Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

? about odd thing with Stewie

3 posters

Go down

? about odd thing with Stewie Empty ? about odd thing with Stewie

Post  Guest 3/18/2012, 11:10 am

I've noticed that Stewie will just stop wherever he is and stare for a long time, he is not looking at anything just standing and staring, the only way I can get him to snap out of it is to call his name.

It's not bad just odd , I don't know what to make of it.

Any thoughts?

Back to top Go down

? about odd thing with Stewie Empty Re: ? about odd thing with Stewie

Post  puglouie 3/18/2012, 5:50 pm

Louie used to do that too -- you've described his behavior to a T.

I'm sure you'll think I've gone off the deep end, but I think it's in the breed -- as I've seen other pugs do it too. I've read that Tibetans believe pugs are reincarnated monks and I've always felt that this staring into space thing was part of this belief. And here's the crazy part: I used to think Louie was descended straight from the Buddha. He would come into my office sometimes and sit next to me while I was writing and he would do this sitting and staring into space thing. It was like he was trying to communicate with me. In some ways, he was my muse. I always did my best writing when he was there next to me as I worked.

Here's a pic I took of him during one of his staring into space things. Although I didn't quite capture him in the moment. He snapped out of it when I was taking the photo, looked up at me into the sun as if to say "why are you bothering me in my moment of meditation." Zen pug, indeed.
Mediating

Last edited by puglouie on 3/18/2012, 8:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
puglouie
puglouie

Number of posts : 618

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/18/2012, 8:12 pm

Not crazy at all Elizabeth, I swear there are times Stewie is a reincarnation of Rupert, he does so many things that will catch me off guard that were just like Rup.

When he does his staring thing he is just off in the universe somewhere, it does not worry me just gets me curious whats up. Viv never does that.

Back to top Go down

Post  elisemarie 3/18/2012, 8:14 pm

That's called Pug meditation.
elisemarie
elisemarie

Number of posts : 296

Back to top Go down

Post  ocnside 3/19/2012, 7:20 am

We must not be in that stage yet, Julian is either sleeping or a holy terror LOL ? about odd thing with Stewie 547493
ocnside
ocnside

Number of posts : 718

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down