Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peeing on his sister!

+4
Rebecca and the Pugs
Saira
northernwitch
monkeypigs4eva
8 posters

Go down

Peeing on his sister! Empty Peeing on his sister!

Post  monkeypigs4eva 4/4/2012, 10:19 pm

Okay, Lennie (we changed his name from Roddie to Lennie Briscoe) is fitting really well. Calvin even likes him. There are a few things we need to work on, but other than that, we've been fortunate.

EXCEPT....

I've caught him peeing on Wendi three times. Why would he do this? I stop him but when they were in the backyard with Joe tonight, Lennie did it again.

Why would he do it and other than keeping him on a leash all the time or never letting them out together, what can I do? If those are my only two options, I'm cool with it. Just curious if you all have had experience...Blanche? Karen? Saira or others who have had lots of fosters....any experience with this?

No one is aggresive to the other, no one seems to be "top dog" or any of that old outdated crap. They get along great other than this ONE thing, and honestly, Wendi doesn't care, it is ME (and Joe) that is grossed out by it!!
monkeypigs4eva
monkeypigs4eva

Number of posts : 1892

http://www.etsy.com/shop/monkeypigranch

Back to top Go down

Peeing on his sister! Empty Re: Peeing on his sister!

Post  northernwitch 4/4/2012, 10:31 pm

It used to happen all the time here. Beats me why, but Pete used to pee on Bob and I've had a few fosters that peed on other dogs in the house. I have no clue why or what it means, if anything. I just learned to keep an eagle eye out for the Pee-er and the Peed Upon.....
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 4/4/2012, 11:09 pm

When he pees on her, is it right after she pees? Indy occassionally tries to.pee on the others but its while they are still going, i think he is overeager to mark over them. I just have to watch closely and yell "no indy" to interrupt him.
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs 4/4/2012, 11:22 pm

Saira wrote:When he pees on her, is it right after she pees? Indy occassionally tries to.pee on the others but its while they are still going, i think he is overeager to mark over them. I just have to watch closely and yell "no indy" to interrupt him.
Bubba does the same thing. Peachy tries to move out of the way, but she gets marked on all of the time. I am sure the neighbors think I am a loon screaming "Bubba... Bubbb-ah. Buh-baaaaaaaaaaaa!"
Rebecca and the Pugs
Rebecca and the Pugs

Number of posts : 2936

Back to top Go down

Post  monkeypigs4eva 4/4/2012, 11:24 pm

Basically harmless, right?
monkeypigs4eva
monkeypigs4eva

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 4/4/2012, 11:37 pm

monkeypigs4eva wrote:Basically harmless, right?
Yep. Annoying, but not a sign of deep psychological problems or anything.......
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  ocnside 4/5/2012, 8:35 am

Better stock up on doggie shampoo LOL

Sorry I know its not that funny!
ocnside
ocnside

Number of posts : 718

Back to top Go down

Post  akc0104 4/5/2012, 9:07 am

When I take the everyone out here it's always the same, Maggie goes off on her own. Tank walks a few steps into the grass and pees. The puglets circle him like sharks because they both want to pee on his spot. Unfortunately Bob isn't patient sometimes and walks right into the stream. Shocked Bob can walk right under Tank, it must look like a waterfall to him, but he hits it anyway.
akc0104
akc0104

Number of posts : 1742

Back to top Go down

Post  pugasaurus 4/5/2012, 10:52 am

Sorry Kim, I have nothing else to add here except that Carmine is my overeager pee-er. He is just like Indy, when he sees another stop to pee, he whips it out before the other dog even gets a chance to finish. He's gotten Lacey good a few times because she's so slow.
pugasaurus
pugasaurus

Number of posts : 1117

Back to top Go down

Post  monkeypigs4eva 4/5/2012, 12:42 pm

ocnside wrote:Better stock up on doggie shampoo LOL

Actually I think it is pretty damn funny, Joe thinks it is horrible. I just bought a mega pack of baby wipes......
monkeypigs4eva
monkeypigs4eva

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 4/5/2012, 1:19 pm

monkeypigs4eva wrote:
ocnside wrote:Better stock up on doggie shampoo LOL

Actually I think it is pretty damn funny, Joe thinks it is horrible. I just bought a mega pack of baby wipes......
My girls are worse for the "barging in before the other dog is finished peeing"--and Juni and Hazel have both gotten their heads peed on as a result. Meesh occasionally get his head peed on when he is too interested in Tank's peeing.

Juni and Hazel have a hotly competitive "over peeing" thing going on and are practically standing on top of each other to over pee. Girls.....

God love my Tank. He's the Big Cheese here so he never overpees or marks in the yard. Goes out, empties his bladder and then watches the Village Idiots over pee him. He just shakes his head and comes back in the house.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  akc0104 4/5/2012, 1:20 pm

You could always spray her with Nature's Miracle and put her near a heating vent to dry. Peeing on his sister! 6260
akc0104
akc0104

Number of posts : 1742

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 4/5/2012, 1:23 pm

akc0104 wrote:You could always spray her with Nature's Miracle and put her near a heating vent to dry. Peeing on his sister! 6260
Put her in a big baggie with leg holes.......
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  monkeypigs4eva 4/5/2012, 1:32 pm

northernwitch wrote:
akc0104 wrote:You could always spray her with Nature's Miracle and put her near a heating vent to dry. Peeing on his sister! 6260
Put her in a big baggie with leg holes.......

That's not a bad a idea, it would catch all the pee and poop that she produces unknowingly.

WAIT! I could have her laminated!! Peeing on his sister! 547493
monkeypigs4eva
monkeypigs4eva

Back to top Go down

Post  pugasaurus 4/5/2012, 4:00 pm

Bleach misters! I'll work on the prototype...
pugasaurus
pugasaurus

Number of posts : 1117

Back to top Go down

Post  Buddy's Mom 4/5/2012, 4:24 pm

Oscar did that for a while this winter with both Sophie and Buddy, it came out of no where. My hubby was disgusted! While I was out with them I kept a close eye and yelled at him to "wait". He has finally stopped doing it. Now he'll stand and wait for them to finish so he can mark their spot.
Buddy's Mom
Buddy's Mom

Number of posts : 218

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down