Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

peeing in the house!

+4
ocnside
Snifter&Toddy
Aussie Witch
Newsie96
8 posters

Go down

peeing in the house! Empty peeing in the house!

Post  Newsie96 5/9/2012, 10:24 pm

We recently had new floors put in the house so Jeff and I have both pugs on a new walking routine so there are no excuses to pee in the house. Today I went to go to bed and one of them peed in the middle of it! What the heck? I don't know who it is, they both got a good walk before Jeff went to work at 3ish and another good one from me at 7:30. And I walked them at 9:30 tonight and each time they peed a long ti,e. Are they mad about the new floors?

We are so frustrated. If this keeps up, instead of being gated out of the bedroom Jeff said we will crate them. Murphy hasn't been crated since he was a pup!
Newsie96
Newsie96

Number of posts : 996

Back to top Go down

peeing in the house! Empty Re: peeing in the house!

Post  Aussie Witch 5/10/2012, 1:51 am

I'd go back to house-training 101 for both of them. I've got new flooring throughout the house and there were two accidents so I made sure I got them outside with treats.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Snifter&Toddy 5/10/2012, 5:06 am

If it happens again I hope you see who does it because it could possibly be a sign of a UTI. Otherwise I totally agree to go back to basics on the housetraining for a little while. They could just be marking the new flooring.
Snifter&Toddy
Snifter&Toddy

Number of posts : 2071

Back to top Go down

Post  ocnside 5/10/2012, 7:55 am

I just got new floors last weekend. Julian only peed once but it was my fault bc I missed taking him out. He is on a strict schedule and we HAVE to stick to it or there will be accidents.
I will keep you updated but good luck!
ocnside
ocnside

Number of posts : 718

Back to top Go down

Post  Newsie96 5/10/2012, 8:03 am

It could be thw new floors. We ripped all the carpets out and the house was smelling different. But on the bed? Grrrr! I was in tears over this last night. We do have a strict potty schedule once again, like when Murphy was a puppy, but I will add treats. We're going to gate them out of the bedroom during the daywhen we aren't home. If we have to, they will be xpenned in the kitchen when they are alone. You'd think a 5 and 8 year old wouldn't need this!

My mom and I are also making new belly bands tomorrow night for them!
Newsie96
Newsie96

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 5/10/2012, 5:37 pm

It well could be the new floors - I so wish I could take another Real Great Adventure and see them, and visit with you and Jeff and the boys again!
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Newsie96 5/10/2012, 5:52 pm

We would love to see you again!!
Newsie96
Newsie96

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 5/10/2012, 11:53 pm

Sam:
First and foremost, get a waterproof mattress cover. Worth their weight in gold. And I don't leave my bedroom accessible to the dogs when I'm not around--my mattress is on the floor and it's too tempting for some of them and I have had fosters (Gregory for one) who loved peeing in the middle of my bed.

Second--if this is new behaviour, I really would wonder about a UTI.

Third, belly bands.

Let's face it, pugs are ratbags about indoor excreting, but it is, to my mind, a pretty manageable behaviour.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 5/11/2012, 2:07 am

northernwitch wrote:
Let's face it, pugs are ratbags about indoor excreting, but it is, to my mind, a pretty manageable behaviour.
peeing in the house! 547493 peeing in the house! 547493 peeing in the house! 547493
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 5/11/2012, 7:37 am

Renee wrote:
northernwitch wrote:
peeing in the house! 547493 peeing in the house! 547493 peeing in the house! 547493
Or maybe I've just resigned myself to it.

Stop laughing, Renee......
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda 5/11/2012, 8:58 am

northernwitch wrote:
Renee wrote:
northernwitch wrote:
Or maybe I've just resigned myself to it.

Stop laughing, Renee......
Come on Blanche. Tell us the story again about when you fell and one of the pugs peed on you while you were down. peeing in the house! 6260

Sam, definitely agree about the waterproof mattress cover. When we got our new mattress a few years ago, they sold us a nice one that is fabric on top so it's not like a crinkly, slippery plastic sheet. It will come in handy when baby arrives too.
Amanda
Amanda

Number of posts : 6990

http://www.pugauthority.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Newsie96 5/11/2012, 9:22 am

I love my boys but I learned a long time ago what little shits they are, or, ratbags.

And yup, we have a guantaneed waterproof mattress cover. Not crinkly, not cheap, and has provyed worth every single penny!

No incidences since the other day, and belly bands are dry. No idea what was up with them. Little shits!
Newsie96
Newsie96

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down