Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More vomiting

+8
Old Mother Hubbard
Not Afraid
Amber
sallyandtilly
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Maryjo
Aussie Witch
Amanda
12 posters

Go down

More vomiting Empty More vomiting

Post  Amanda 8/26/2009, 6:57 pm

Very shortly after dinner last night Lucy threw up all her dinner, in about 6 different vomit sessions. I just chalked it up to her eating too fast. She didn't vomit any more after that and slept fine last night. This morning she acted like she was going to throw up twice but nothing came up but a little bit of white mucousy/foamy stuff. I just figured it was because she had an empty stomach. Tonight, though, she did it again. She had dinner about 15 minutes ago and has thrown up 3 times. Other than the throwing up, she's acting fine. I did ask Kyle to put a few treats in her crate this morning in case she got hungry and she did eat them and kept them down.

I know it could just be a random stomach bug but of course I worry. If it was something like a blockage do you think the couple small cookies would have come back up? Should I feed her something else bland tonight just to see if it stays down?
Amanda
Amanda

Number of posts : 6990

http://www.pugauthority.com

Back to top Go down

More vomiting Empty Re: More vomiting

Post  Aussie Witch 8/26/2009, 7:33 pm

It would certainly give me pause Amanda. Is it all coming out the rear okay? If she's otherwise acting fine I'd give it 24 hours and maybe have the vet check her out. Hope all is okay!
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 8/26/2009, 7:33 pm

I'd not feed her tonight (it doesn't hurt a pug to go 24 hours without food) and get her to the vet tomorrow if possible. It could be a bug, or pancreatitis, or she could have ingested something outside and either have a blockage or whatever she ate upset her system. (I worry about mushrooms up here this time of year.

But I am a worry-wart. *LOL*

I never worry about 1-day's throwing up, but two sends me and the pug to the vet...

Give her a gentle hug from me.
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 8/26/2009, 7:38 pm

Poor Lucy, I hope you can figure out what's wrong with her tummy.
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  sallyandtilly 8/26/2009, 8:07 pm

I would withhold food for 12-24 hours and then give her something light. Remember Tilly didn't eat for a week and she didn't starve. Hope she is all better tomorrow. My granddoxie was sick last week too and didn't eat for three days. He couldn't keep anything down. He's fine now. Important thing is make sure she is drinking water and keeping it down.
sallyandtilly
sallyandtilly

Number of posts : 3150

Back to top Go down

Post  Amber 8/26/2009, 9:51 pm

Amanda we had the same thing happen with Genie a few weeks ago. We ended up changing her food to a brand with smaller nuggets and that seems to have done the trick. I think her stomach just stopped being able to tolerate her gobbling the larger nuggets whole.
Amber
Amber

Number of posts : 2080

http://www.lotusblossomphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 8/27/2009, 1:27 am

Is she eating too quickly and that's what you think is causing it? Has that changed? I worry about Bloat way too much.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Mother Hubbard 8/27/2009, 9:07 am

Just checking in to see how Lucy is dooing today.
Old Mother Hubbard
Old Mother Hubbard

Number of posts : 257

Back to top Go down

Post  Javalita 8/27/2009, 9:38 am

Checking in - I hope she's better this morning.
Javalita
Javalita

Number of posts : 964

Back to top Go down

Post  sallyandtilly 8/27/2009, 10:33 am

Wondering how she is today. pug
sallyandtilly
sallyandtilly

Number of posts : 3150

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda 8/27/2009, 10:47 am

She seems fine but hasn't had anything to eat yet today. They only eat at night. I think I'll give her something small/bland though just to see how she does. She drank quite a bit last night and kept it all down and Kyle told me (after the fact) that he gave her a couple bites of Ava's PB&J last night Rolling Eyes and that stayed down.
Amanda
Amanda

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda 8/27/2009, 10:48 am

Not Afraid wrote:Is she eating too quickly and that's what you think is causing it? Has that changed? I worry about Bloat way too much.
She eats very quickly but always has.
Amanda
Amanda

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaJones 8/27/2009, 11:21 am

It's definitely puzzling. Is she pooping okay?
MommaJones
MommaJones

Number of posts : 3761

Back to top Go down

Post  Snifter&Toddy 8/27/2009, 1:36 pm

We've had episodes with Toddy. I would make sure to feed bland, little and often initially and then gradually increase meal size if she keeps that down. So long as she is pooping OK I would personally probably not go to the vet if she has now stopped vomiting and if there are no other signs of illness such as lethargy, lack of interest in food etc.

Hope she's better soon.
Snifter&Toddy
Snifter&Toddy

Number of posts : 2071

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 8/27/2009, 3:33 pm

Hope Lucy is feeling better today. Chester has had episodes like that in the past but his have been mostly heat related because he's super sensitive to heat.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 8/27/2009, 3:59 pm

My St Bernard just got over something like this. Tests showed it was bacterial. After the vomiting came the diarrhea. Not pretty in a dog that large! The vet said in the hot rainy weather, they can pick this up anywhere. I was digging holes in my yard where she pooped and pouring bleach on them. It was a mess, but she is ok, and it didn't spread to anyone else!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down