Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Allergies, allergies, allergies

+6
Mel
Amanda
MommaJones
Newsie96
smoochieface
Saira
10 posters

Go down

Allergies, allergies, allergies Empty Allergies, allergies, allergies

Post  Saira 4/14/2009, 12:56 pm

I guess this is more of a rant, but all of us (pugs and humans) are having such a rough time with allergies. Poor Indy and Hooli are itchy, and Sophie's bumps flare up. Everytime we think we get better, a stupid windstorm comes and makes everything worse again.

It's outside allergies (it's especially bad after we cut the grass) so we have been wiping them down nightly with a damp paper towel, but it's so frustrating! People always acted like Vegas is good for those who suffer from allergies-HAH!
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Allergies, allergies, allergies Empty Re: Allergies, allergies, allergies

Post  smoochieface 4/14/2009, 2:26 pm

Oh thank you for posting this! The pugs are doing okay so far, but I have been DYING of allergies for the last 2 days. What is in the air these days? argggghhh!!!!!
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 4/14/2009, 2:35 pm

smoochieface wrote:Oh thank you for posting this! The pugs are doing okay so far, but I have been DYING of allergies for the last 2 days. What is in the air these days? argggghhh!!!!!

We probably don't want to know!! scratch I can only wear my glasses this past week, which stinks. We're a sad sad family, all snorting, sneezing, and itching. Very Happy
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Newsie96 4/14/2009, 2:50 pm

The weather in New England has been going back and forth from cold to warm. It's throwing everyone off. And to top it all off, the pollen count is up. Jeff's sinuses have been going nuts and while I am normally not an allergy sufferer, my eyes have been really bothering me.

Murphy is always itchy but he's been ok lately. KNOCK ON WOOD!
Newsie96
Newsie96

Number of posts : 996

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaJones 4/14/2009, 3:32 pm

I'm so lucky that my pugs don't have allergies. With the horrible winds and dry winter, it's just a mess out here. Alex takes and Alavert every day to ward off his problems.

I hope you people (and pugs) are all feeling better soon.
MommaJones
MommaJones

Number of posts : 3761

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda 4/14/2009, 3:37 pm

It's awful here too. One thing my vet recommended that you might want to try is an epsom salts wash on their feet after they come in, rather than just water. (1 part epsom to 3 parts water)
Amanda
Amanda

Number of posts : 6990

http://www.pugauthority.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel 4/14/2009, 6:33 pm

that sucks! I know you have bad allergies, Saira. everytime I see you you're sniffling. :( now the poor puggies too??
Mel
Mel

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 4/14/2009, 7:36 pm

Fun, isn't it? I have never really had bad allergies until I got into my 50s. Don't ask me why, but now I have them--and it appears that I'm now allergic to dogs. Too bad. So sad. I just sniffle alot and take the odd Sudafed. And I always sound like I'm about to lose my voice--a true whiskey voice without the pleasure of the whiskey.
Tank has a ton of allergies and is really itchy right now. Apparently the pollen count is high, high, high right now--especially elm tree pollen.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverHopper 4/14/2009, 10:29 pm

The pollen have been bad this year around my home. I've noticed the babies itching much more so I bathe them if the itching gets bad. I'm fortunate not to be affected.
ForeverHopper
ForeverHopper

Number of posts : 301

http://www.centralfloridapugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda 4/15/2009, 11:10 am

I swear by Astelin (for humans) and I hear they have a new one out now for seasonal allergies. Astelin is a nasal spray I do twice a day. It is prescription, but dang has it helped. I am supposedly allergic to dogs too (although mildly) and do very well with Astelin. I am all for hitting it where you need it (i.e. in the nose, not the whole body) and Astelin isn't a steroid spray as they can be addicting.

Just my commercial for the stuff. Very Happy
Brenda
Brenda

Number of posts : 2221

Back to top Go down

Post  Newsie96 4/15/2009, 2:49 pm

Either I have allergies or I'm coming down with another damn cold. I have been sneezing all day and my eyes are itching. I was ok all morning because I took some sinus stuff but now that it's worn off, I feel like crap!
Newsie96
Newsie96

Number of posts : 996

Back to top Go down

Post  MackandMattiesMom 4/15/2009, 3:05 pm

I've never had really bad allergy problems, except for fresh cut grass. The past month it's been affecting me pretty hard. My eyes are red and swollen and I have the sniffles. The poor pugs have been going crazy with it too. I've been bathing them and giving Benadryl. I'm going to try the epsom salt and see if that helps them in between baths at all.
MackandMattiesMom
MackandMattiesMom

Number of posts : 2609

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down