Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ugh - still struggling with allergies

2 posters

Go down

ugh - still struggling with allergies Empty ugh - still struggling with allergies

Post  Mel 6/20/2011, 1:34 pm

I swear, this season is the worst! and what makes me feel so bad is I barely have them, it's all Zoe! Last night we were at my sisters, she's got all tile, and Zoe was circling on the tile so much she got a boo boo on the inner part of her leg. :( This morning, I checked her feet and she's been chewing again. I try to stop her! She's on Zyrtec, but it doesn't seem to be clearing up everything. of course I just bought the big bottle at Costco. I'm still not sure it's not her food, but it was never this bad until the last couple of weeks, so I'm more inclined to think it's environmental allergies.

Here's what I'm doing. Zyrtec - once a day. Wiping her feet down after going outside on grass. Still not sure what to do. Suggestions?

I may make another vet appt today to see if she can get on stronger stuff. (benedryl we tried first, then the zyrtec) it's just so frustrating! And I don't like to see my doggie with bloody paws. Crying or Very sad
Mel
Mel

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

ugh - still struggling with allergies Empty Re: ugh - still struggling with allergies

Post  Renee 6/20/2011, 1:53 pm

Sorry to hear about poor Zoe's allergies! It does sound more environmental.

If you have a veterinary dermatologist available, it may be worth the expense. Even just one visit could be very helpful.

Good luck!
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down