Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Food dehydrator

+4
smoochieface
Puglove2
MackandMattiesMom
northernwitch
8 posters

Go down

Food dehydrator Empty Food dehydrator

Post  northernwitch 4/23/2009, 2:22 pm

Here's how very pitiful my life has become:

I just bought the mother of all food dehydrators as I had a bit of a
meltdown about the cost of dog treats. I have a houseful of dogs with food issues and the types of treats they can eat are limited. And
expensive.

So I shelled out a smallish fortune (for me--remember, I'm one of the cheapest people in the universe. Moths move into my wallet and raise large families without fear of being disrupted) on a food dehydrator.

I'm going to be one of those loonies who runs around dehydrating everything in sight now. And probably starting a collection of dehydrated food bits that look like famous people (ever see the Friends episode where Chandler's room mate does this?)

If I start telling you that I saw the Virgin Mary's face in a piece of dehydrated cow heart--someone get the net.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Food dehydrator Empty Re: Food dehydrator

Post  MackandMattiesMom 4/23/2009, 3:10 pm

I've wanted a dehydrator forever. I love dried fruits and jerky. I think Mack and Mattie are packing their bags and going where the good treats are.

Just in case things get out of control, we've got the men in white jackets on standby for you. :geek:
MackandMattiesMom
MackandMattiesMom

Number of posts : 2609

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 4/23/2009, 5:19 pm

My husband and son are shaking their heads at how excited I am about this. But honestly, the dehydrated chicken my guys love is expensive and comes from China--not feeding that to them. Dehydrated liver treats cost a bunch. The Wellness no grain treats ain't cheap either. I figure it's GOT to be cheaper to make them. I bet a couple of months of home made treats and the dehydrator will have paid for itself.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Puglove2 4/23/2009, 5:22 pm

that's a great idea, blanche! i should get one of those too! the treats are sooooo expensive.
Puglove2
Puglove2

Number of posts : 1943

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 4/24/2009, 2:03 am

home made bully sticks anyone?
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 4/24/2009, 11:34 am

smoochieface wrote:home made bully sticks anyone?

Mental picture: Kendie running around a field full of cows and amorous bulls trying to lop off the necessary member so the boys can have fresh bully sticks.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  Newsie96 4/24/2009, 2:20 pm

Blanche, you had me until you mentined dehydrated cow heart. Gag... you DO love those pugs.

I must be a horrible pug mother because I had thoughts of strawberries in my head. A cow heart will NEVER come into this house......

However the thought of Kendie running around in the field after fresh bully sticks is comical. Can we sell tickets for rescue? I'd be a lot of people will want to see that!
Newsie96
Newsie96

Number of posts : 996

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 4/24/2009, 3:00 pm

Newsie96 wrote:Blanche, you had me until you mentined dehydrated cow heart. Gag... you DO love those pugs.

I must be a horrible pug mother because I had thoughts of strawberries in my head. A cow heart will NEVER come into this house......

However the thought of Kendie running around in the field after fresh bully sticks is comical. Can we sell tickets for rescue? I'd be a lot of people will want to see that!
Yes, the image of Kendie, AKA the Bull Weenie Lopper, running around wacking off wangers is one for the books.

I'm a farm girl, Sam and no part of the animal goes to waste is my motto (you'd be horrified at what my family considered edible). I'll dehydrate more normal things, too, but organ meats are great for the dogs and the dehydrated lungs/hearts/tripe I buy are ungodly expensive.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 4/24/2009, 5:23 pm

IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE!

Hide anything you don't want dehydrated cause I'm gonna be a dehydrating fool for the next little while.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 4/24/2009, 5:38 pm

northernwitch wrote:IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE!

Hide anything you don't want dehydrated cause I'm gonna be a dehydrating fool for the next little while.

May want to warn Gordon and Tucker to keep their pants on for the time being until you are over your cut 'em and dry 'em phase.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 4/24/2009, 8:21 pm

Hell, Kendie--I hear any more "noise" from Tucker's House of Fun and I WILL be wacking and drying some parts.......
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara 4/25/2009, 12:48 pm

I am so excited for you Blanche, I bet you could start a business doing this and you have plenty of taste testers on hand.

I want to try some fruit dehydrated, YUMMY! But please, don't do it right after the liver treats.

For those that not have a food dehydrator, I get chicken/veal/liver/beef they have all flavors of treats from
http://ihelppets.com/Products/Canz-Chicken.html

and they are NOT made in China!

Cp loves them.
Sara
Sara

Number of posts : 4083

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerSnap 4/25/2009, 4:43 pm

Not Afraid wrote:
smoochieface wrote:home made bully sticks anyone?

Mental picture: Kendie running around a field full of cows and amorous bulls trying to lop off the necessary member so the boys can have fresh bully sticks.
This just got me giggling, and now I can't stop!
GingerSnap
GingerSnap

Number of posts : 3547

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down