Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is what a holiday dump dog looks like

+18
juneau hunter
Rebecca and the Pugs
HK Pugs
MommaJones
Snifter&Toddy
Saira
Javalita
Mel
sallyandtilly
papaspugs
Milosmom
Puglove2
Not Afraid
Pugsaunt
pugsandkids
Aussie Witch
dieselsmom
northernwitch
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

This is what a holiday dump dog looks like Empty This is what a holiday dump dog looks like

Post  northernwitch 12/11/2009, 9:55 pm

This is Pugsley. today is his 10th birthday. His family took him in the local shelter a couple of days ago, covered in fleas and with a mouthful of rotten teeth, as they can no longer look after him. Maybe they can't really, but he's coming here to me for fostering. We can't afford another dog with big health problems (the rescue can't), but I just couldn't leave him in the shelter.
This is what a holiday dump dog looks like %3Ca%20href=This is what a holiday dump dog looks like Barriepugsley" border="0" />

Last edited by northernwitch on 12/13/2009, 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

This is what a holiday dump dog looks like Empty Re: This is what a holiday dump dog looks like

Post  dieselsmom 12/11/2009, 10:07 pm

Honestly, after 10 years they couldn't find the time to care for him? With a mouthful of rotten teeth, sounds like he hasn't been taken care of for some time. Poor guy to be dumped like that, but lucky guy that he gets to be fostered in your home. You're an angel, Blanche.
dieselsmom
dieselsmom

Number of posts : 2235

http://www.cloudk9.webs.com

Back to top Go down

This is what a holiday dump dog looks like Empty Re: This is what a holiday dump dog looks like

Post  Aussie Witch 12/11/2009, 10:07 pm

For ****'s sake. That poor little guy. Glad you got him. This is what a holiday dump dog looks like Icon_cry
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 12/11/2009, 10:13 pm

Aussie Witch wrote:For ****'s sake. That poor little guy. Glad you got him. This is what a holiday dump dog looks like Icon_cry
Well, I don't have him yet, but I will certainly get him. The SPCA doesn't have the budget to do his teeth (let's pray he's neutered--sure.) and I can't bear him sitting there over the holidays.

I'll let you all know what he's like when he gets here.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  pugsandkids 12/11/2009, 10:15 pm

I sure hope he fits in well. Bless you Blanche, even if he does not understand holidays, he'll have a happier Christmas because of you. This is what a holiday dump dog looks like 335895
pugsandkids
pugsandkids

Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 12/11/2009, 11:27 pm

Bless you, Blanche. And shame on all those who dump their pets at the holidays.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 12/11/2009, 11:31 pm

Poor Pugsley. You're an angel, Blanche.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  Puglove2 12/11/2009, 11:37 pm

poor guy. thank you for helping him, blanche.
Puglove2
Puglove2

Number of posts : 1943

Back to top Go down

Post  Milosmom 12/11/2009, 11:46 pm

Poor Dear ol boy This is what a holiday dump dog looks like Icon_cry . Bless you Blanche!!
Milosmom
Milosmom

Number of posts : 1178

Back to top Go down

Post  papaspugs 12/12/2009, 12:07 am

I just posted this as my tweet "If you dump your dog/cat at a shelter or on rescue before the holiday’s b/c they’ve become an inconvenience, you are going to hell." I hope that you get him soon so that he can know what a real family is for the holidays!
papaspugs
papaspugs

Number of posts : 2297

Back to top Go down

Post  sallyandtilly 12/12/2009, 12:20 am

The poor guy looks so confused.
sallyandtilly
sallyandtilly

Number of posts : 3150

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 12/12/2009, 12:30 am

papaspugs wrote:I just posted this as my tweet "If you dump your dog/cat at a shelter or on rescue before the holiday’s b/c they’ve become an inconvenience, you are going to hell." I hope that you get him soon so that he can know what a real family is for the holidays!
Hilary (pugpillow) is going to see if she can spring him on Monday. It just breaks my heart that today is his birthday and he's in a shelter.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  papaspugs 12/12/2009, 12:36 am

northernwitch wrote:
papaspugs wrote:I just posted this as my tweet "If you dump your dog/cat at a shelter or on rescue before the holiday’s b/c they’ve become an inconvenience, you are going to hell." I hope that you get him soon so that he can know what a real family is for the holidays!
Hilary (pugpillow) is going to see if she can spring him on Monday. It just breaks my heart that today is his birthday and he's in a shelter.

What??? I hope that his former owners rot a slow horrible death!!! I want to cry now.
papaspugs
papaspugs

Number of posts : 2297

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 12/12/2009, 1:06 am

papaspugs wrote:
northernwitch wrote:

What??? I hope that his former owners rot a slow horrible death!!! I want to cry now.
No. Nobody is a big enough jerk to do that. Poor old guy, I am leaking a bit now.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel 12/12/2009, 1:27 am

look at that face! he looks so cuddly. he's lucky he's going to such a loving home. even if it's temporary. Wink
Mel
Mel

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post  Javalita 12/12/2009, 1:44 am

At least he doesn't know it is his birthday, poor little guy. Pretend it is Monday once you have him at home! Looking forward to hearing more about him.
Javalita
Javalita

Number of posts : 964

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 12/12/2009, 1:46 am

Ugh. People suck. I know he'll have a wonderful Christmas now, and hopefully off to a much better life.
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Snifter&Toddy 12/12/2009, 6:22 am

northernwitch wrote:

Oh no. I saw it was his birthday and thought he was already out. Poor Pugsley. I hope Hilary can get him - he looks like such a sweet fellow.
Snifter&Toddy
Snifter&Toddy

Number of posts : 2071

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaJones 12/12/2009, 9:20 am

Saira stole my line, but it bears repeating...people suck. Thank you for doing all that you can for this poor guy.
MommaJones
MommaJones

Number of posts : 3761

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 12/12/2009, 2:48 pm

Hilary is going to get him on Monday and bring him here. So only two more sleeps in the shelter and then he can learn about Big Bed and other delights.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  HK Pugs 12/12/2009, 5:30 pm

And a Merry Christmas too the family who dumped him; NOT! Bless you Pugsley,
your going to a better a life and I do wish you a Merry Christmas sweet man!
HK Pugs
HK Pugs

Number of posts : 1550

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs 12/12/2009, 7:55 pm

Thanks to the wonderful angels of Pugalug Rescue for giving this sweet boy another chance.
Rebecca and the Pugs
Rebecca and the Pugs

Number of posts : 2936

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 12/12/2009, 8:16 pm

Rebecca and the Pugs wrote:Thanks to the wonderful angels of Pugalug Rescue for giving this sweet boy another chance.
Hey, it's what we all do. you guys would have done the same.

shelter staff say he's a nice boy, a bit over wieght, bad teeth BUT he's neutered, for a change.

We're kicking around names. I'm thinking Silas or Sam, Tucker like George or Homer. Gordon likes Cooter--as in an old coot.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  juneau hunter 12/12/2009, 10:16 pm

ahhhhh....I'm looking at my spoiled pug and crying a few tears! I just don't understand people!

About his teeth...is there a way to donate some money for this guy to get them done?
juneau hunter
juneau hunter

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 12/12/2009, 10:39 pm

juneau hunter wrote:ahhhhh....I'm looking at my spoiled pug and crying a few tears! I just don't understand people!

About his teeth...is there a way to donate some money for this guy to get them done?
Sure--go to our website--www.pugalug.com--and it will explain how to donate either on line or via snail mail.
We'll get his teeth done--it just may take some time for me to get reimbursed for it given our thin bank account right now. Besides, I need my bet to do an assessment on his overall health in any case. At 10 years of age, we need to do bloodwork, fecal, etc before doing anything. If his teeth are really horrendous, he'll likely be on antibiotics for a while before doing a dental.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next