Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's New Baby=Dump the dog Month

+12
H the P
Not Afraid
PugLady3
sallyandtilly
dieselsmom
We're Here
DappleDoxieStaff
Aussie Witch
smoochieface
Renee
Saira
northernwitch
16 posters

Go down

It's New Baby=Dump the dog Month Empty It's New Baby=Dump the dog Month

Post  northernwitch 1/18/2011, 7:32 pm

6 emails in 3 or 4 days all to surrender a total of 7 dogs. Almost all because owners have a baby now so the dog(s) must go. Nice.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

It's New Baby=Dump the dog Month Empty Re: It's New Baby=Dump the dog Month

Post  Saira 1/18/2011, 7:34 pm

Boo, and Hiss!
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 1/18/2011, 7:35 pm

Saira wrote:Boo, and Hiss!

Yep, exactly. Wonder if they got pregnant a second time, would they get rid of the first kid to make room for the second?

Fools.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 1/18/2011, 7:47 pm

Freakin idiots!
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 1/18/2011, 7:54 pm

You can only shake your head at the short-sightedness of these morons. sigh
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  DappleDoxieStaff 1/18/2011, 7:57 pm

northernwitch wrote:6 emails in 3 or 4 days all to surrender a total of 7 dogs. Almost all because owners have a baby now so the dog(s) must go. Nice.

CL is clogged with similar posts ... I want to slap each and every one of them. Dogs and kids may not be easy, but nothing worthwhile ever is.
May karma bite them on the tucchus ... twice.
DappleDoxieStaff
DappleDoxieStaff

Number of posts : 787

http://dappledoxiestaff.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  We're Here 1/18/2011, 8:37 pm

A tucchus is merely a rump, perhaps a bite to a more cherished fragment of their personality. The elderly dachshund I brought in today was surrendered by the caretaker of an elderly person who complained that the dog was in the way. Now what will comfort the old person in their loneliness. An advertisement of three lines reveals much about the personality of the writer. And not much flattering in the revelation.

We're Here

Number of posts : 893

Back to top Go down

Post  dieselsmom 1/18/2011, 8:48 pm

Aussie Witch wrote:You can only shake your head at the short-sightedness of these morons. sigh

Isn't that the truth?!

You know the one and only reason I wish we did have a kid - so that we could have a baby and a young dog at the same time and get to enjoy them growing up together. I always think Diesel would have been such an awesome dog to have grown up with a baby. There's just so much magic in kids and dogs growing up together, the best of friends.
dieselsmom
dieselsmom

Number of posts : 2235

http://www.cloudk9.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sallyandtilly 1/18/2011, 9:04 pm

They will miss out on a lot of fun. Pugs and kids are so great together.
sallyandtilly
sallyandtilly

Number of posts : 3150

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 1/18/2011, 9:07 pm

We're Here wrote:A tucchus is merely a rump, perhaps a bite to a more cherished fragment of their personality. The elderly dachshund I brought in today was surrendered by the caretaker of an elderly person who complained that the dog was in the way. Now what will comfort the old person in their loneliness. An advertisement of three lines reveals much about the personality of the writer. And not much flattering in the revelation.
Sadly, Ellen, two of the 7 dogs needing rescue are senior dogs whose owners have either died or are going into a nursing home and the adult children don't want the dog because of "the new baby".

At least, they are contacting us and not dropping the dogs at the shelter. One of the young ones coming in is 2 and weighs over 14 kgs (that's about 30 lbs!).
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 1/19/2011, 10:42 am

Hmmm, must be a Canadian thing because lately here it's been the old "I'm away from home alot & don't have time for the pug anymore" excuse. And one of them is a pair of seniors - 12 & 14. Swear Hope you can find spots for all of them, Blanche. You're right...at least they're contacting rescue & not dumping the poor pugs at the pound. sigh
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 1/19/2011, 11:34 am

PugLady3 wrote:Hmmm, must be a Canadian thing because lately here it's been the old "I'm away from home alot & don't have time for the pug anymore" excuse. And one of them is a pair of seniors - 12 & 14. Swear Hope you can find spots for all of them, Blanche. You're right...at least they're contacting rescue & not dumping the poor pugs at the pound. sigh
We do get the "we're too busy" stuff, but this time it's all about new babies. I've got everyone but three placed. One of the requests was for a 6 year old aggressive male. I never turn them down outright until I know more about what they mean by aggressive. We've seen too many dogs surrendered that we were told were aggressive only to find out that the dog wasn't. But this owner is refusing to fill out the Dog Information Sheet. Actually said to me "I don't want to tell you everything or you won't take him". Good Lord. You just sealed his fate with that comment. If you won't tell me about his aggression because you're afraid I won't take him, then you pretty much guarantee I won't take him.
The pair of pugs that have to go because of a baby I haven't heard back from the owner so maybe they changed their minds. I'll likely have to refer them on if he does get back to me as I'm darn close to full now.

One of the senior dogs coming in is the CUTEST pug/Lhasa apso mix named Sophie. She's darling. And we're getting a pug/peke mix named Bella
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 1/19/2011, 12:01 pm

Last year, I saw a sign on a lamp post with a picture of a BEAUTIFUL Orange tabby boy. It said "Needs a home. We're having a baby and can't keep the cat".

I was very tempted to create a sign with a picture of a toddler on it that says "Needs a home. We're getting a kitten and can't keep the baby".
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  DappleDoxieStaff 1/19/2011, 12:04 pm

Not Afraid wrote:Last year, I saw a sign on a lamp post with a picture of a BEAUTIFUL Orange tabby boy. It said "Needs a home. We're having a baby and can't keep the cat".

I was very tempted to create a sign with a picture of a toddler on it that says "Needs a home. We're getting a kitten and can't keep the baby".

My typical response when people give me 'The Look' and and just why i don't have kids is that "The cats did the math and said we cannot afford them, and the dogs are allergic."
I think it is funny, but it does not usually go over well.
DappleDoxieStaff
DappleDoxieStaff

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 1/19/2011, 12:50 pm

DappleDoxieStaff wrote:
Not Afraid wrote:Last year, I saw a sign on a lamp post with a picture of a BEAUTIFUL Orange tabby boy. It said "Needs a home. We're having a baby and can't keep the cat".

My typical response when people give me 'The Look' and and just why i don't have kids is that "The cats did the math and said we cannot afford them, and the dogs are allergic."
I think it is funny, but it does not usually go over well.
LOL, Anne. My dad used to tell people he gave up his kids because we live too long, want the keys to the car and expect to go to University. He and the dogs discussed it and the kids had to go. No one thought that was funny either.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 1/19/2011, 2:54 pm

Have come across this situation too many times over too many years. Always makes me want to either strangle someone, or weep. Or maybe both. sigh
I really hope you will be able to place them all, Blanche. Their situation is probably everyone's fault except theirs. sigh

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Post  Two Crazy Pugs 1/19/2011, 5:08 pm

I hate hearing this!! Idiots.
Two Crazy Pugs
Two Crazy Pugs

Number of posts : 1295

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 1/19/2011, 5:15 pm

I talked with the former owner of my current foster yesterday. She got rid of Winston because of his allergies, and because she is pregnant / has a 2 year old. She was asking how he was doing, and asked if I had kids. I said yes, I do have 2 children, and 3 of my own dogs. She was in complete disbelief. Like, how could I take care of kids and dogs? Do people just think having a kid takes away the possibility of any other responsibility? I mean, come on! Women used to have kids and still manage to take care of everything else.

I'll never understand.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  juneau hunter 1/21/2011, 11:17 pm

This is so freakin' sad! There is nothing I love more than watching my pugs with Macey (2 year old granddaughter). I got Juneau when she was 5 months old and I have so many pictures of them together. Every single day I talk to that sweet baby girl on the phone and she says "wanna talk to Junie now" (and yes I put the phone up to Juneau's ears) and when I go to Macey's house, she peers around me to say "where is Junie?" She sleeps on Rosco and fights over toys with Juneau like a sibling. She took another pug in stride (Turbo).

Those other people are total idiots!
juneau hunter
juneau hunter

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post  Puglove2 1/22/2011, 8:21 am

Renee wrote:I talked with the former owner of my current foster yesterday. She got rid of Winston because of his allergies, and because she is pregnant / has a 2 year old. She was asking how he was doing, and asked if I had kids. I said yes, I do have 2 children, and 3 of my own dogs. She was in complete disbelief. Like, how could I take care of kids and dogs? Do people just think having a kid takes away the possibility of any other responsibility? I mean, come on! Women used to have kids and still manage to take care of everything else.

I'll never understand.

there's a woman that i work with that said to me every chance she got when i was pregnant that i'd have to give up my dogs. used to piss me off so bad! i don't think it's easy to have a newborn and 4 dogs at first, but everyone is settled now and there is no way that i ever would have given them up. what a joke! those people who give up their pets are just too lazy to make the necessary changes in their lives and to do the preparation for it. it doesn't have to be one or the other.
Puglove2
Puglove2

Number of posts : 1943

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindsey 1/25/2011, 12:25 am

People are so stupid and lazy! For whatever reason it is easier to get rid of the dog, instead of building the trust with dog and baby. LAME!
Lindsey
Lindsey

Number of posts : 2033

Back to top Go down

Post  DappleDoxieStaff 1/25/2011, 12:27 am

Lindsey wrote:People are so stupid and lazy! For whatever reason it is easier to get rid of the dog, instead of building the trust with dog and baby. LAME!

Oh heaven forbid ... that takes - effort. And time. And a thought process.
DappleDoxieStaff
DappleDoxieStaff

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down