Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dyna's Acting Weird

+5
PugLady3
Aussie Witch
Eph91
dieselsmom
jojopugs
9 posters

Go down

Dyna's Acting Weird Empty Dyna's Acting Weird

Post  jojopugs 3/7/2010, 12:06 pm

Last night after we took a walk Dyna would not jump up on the couch to cuddle like she normally does and was shaking like she was cold. She finally jumped up and laid by my side but when I petted her she yelped. Then we went upstairs to go to bed and she would not walk up the stairs so I carried her. Normally at bedtime she is trying to get under the covers and last night she would not come near me or my hubby and just sat there shaking. I threw a blanket over her and she settled down by herself. This morning she would not come near me or the hubby again and was shaking still like she was cold. My hubby tried to give her a rubdown lightly to see if she was hurting and she yelped as soon as we got towards her back end on both legs. I picked her up and cuddled with her under the down blanket until she stopped shaking and she will not settle down and go to sleep, it's like she is worried about something and has that look on her face. Then for no reason she yelped and got up and ran away from me and if I try to go near her she tries to run away. Something is bugging her and I am taking her to the vet now, but does anyone have any advice????? I love my Dyna so much and don't want to see her hurting!!
jojopugs
jojopugs

Number of posts : 269

Back to top Go down

Dyna's Acting Weird Empty Re: Dyna's Acting Weird

Post  dieselsmom 3/7/2010, 12:13 pm

Angie, it sounds like she's in pain - maybe she strained or pulled something on her walk. Good luck at the vet. I hope it's nothing more serious than a strain and just requires some rest for Dyna.
dieselsmom
dieselsmom

Number of posts : 2235

http://www.cloudk9.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Eph91 3/7/2010, 12:26 pm

Yes--shaking + yelping = pain. This happened with Emmet once and some Metcam did the trick. Glad your vet is open on Sunday--keep us posted.
Eph91
Eph91

Number of posts : 2839

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 3/7/2010, 1:59 pm

Yep, agree with everyone else - she's obviously hurt herself, poor little thing. Hope the vet can tell what she's done without x-rays and some meds put her right. Dyna's Acting Weird 335895
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 3/7/2010, 2:31 pm

Hopefully it's not a disc problem. We'll be keeping our fingers, toes, and paws crossed for Dyna. Let us know what the vet says. Dyna's Acting Weird 335895
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Eph91 3/7/2010, 6:15 pm

Any news from the vet, Angie? Hope Dyna is feeling better!
Eph91
Eph91

Number of posts : 2839

Back to top Go down

Post  jojopugs 3/7/2010, 7:13 pm

Sorry! Got home from the vet and the whole family took a nap and then cleaned! Dyna is better thanks to some meds!

Of course at the vet she is acting totally normal and not shaking and her tail is up and she is jumping in the little bench in the office. The vet did feel her back though and she cringed when he was going down her spine and did not like it when he would get near her back. He knew that she was in pain in that area. He said she probably injured a disc or the muscle surrounding the disc in her lower back. He prescribed her a pain killer for 10 days and crate rest. If by Friday she hasn't shown improvements he wants to see her back next weekend for x-rays. He said the shaking, tail down, and the yelping meant she was in pain and we did the right thing by bringing her in before it got worse.

Thanks for all your help! I hope the meds work so more extreme measures don't need to be taken!
jojopugs
jojopugs

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel 3/7/2010, 9:28 pm

aww...poor Dyna. I hope she's better soon. yay for meds!

Dyna's Acting Weird 759891
Mel
Mel

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post  jojopugs 3/8/2010, 2:16 am

Poor girl has been hating being cooped up today! We moved the xpen around so it is next to the couch area in the living room and spent most of the day there because she would just whine when we would walk away. Darth can't figure out what is going on and just wants to be with Dyna and will just lay by the edge of the pen with her. We did let her out for a little bit but then Darth was too excited and tried to get playful with her so back into the pen. I am sleeping on the couch tonight next to her while she gets to snuggle in some down blankets I laid out for her to keep extra toasty. I know rest is the most important thing right now but it is so hard to watch her all cooped up!
jojopugs
jojopugs

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 3/8/2010, 2:18 am

Aww, it's hard to keep them confined but hopefully it's just until Friday and then she'll be back to her old self!
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 3/8/2010, 4:08 am

I hope she survives her crate rest, and I'm glad the meds have helped with the pain. Poor baby! I get so worried when any of my babies is hurt and in pain. I'll keep your little girl in my thoughts.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 3/8/2010, 7:24 pm

It is so good that the medication is helping. You are such a good pug mom! Dyna's Acting Weird 27965
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down