Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skeeter is acting sick...

+5
Not Afraid
Maryjo
Aussie Witch
Amber
Renee
9 posters

Go down

Skeeter is acting sick... Empty Skeeter is acting sick...

Post  Renee 4/13/2010, 1:22 pm

I don't know what is wrong with my Skeeter. Last night, he seemed just fine. Ate his dinner, went outside, laid on the couch, got in the bed with me. All was well. Then, this morning (4am), something woke me up. I don't know what. I felt around on the bed, looking for the puggies, and found where someone had thrown up. So, I got up cleaned everything, and put the pugs on the floor to sleep. I thought it was Ichiro that had thrown up.....but, it was Skeeter. He went strait to his crate, and did not move. I had to go get him to make him go out. When he came back in, he was acting okay, excited to eat. But, when he was done, he went strait back to his crate and would not move. He isn't walking funny, so I don't think he hurt his back or legs.

He is at home alone now, because my husband is about to leave for work. I'm afraid of him being alone, and I'm considering seeing if I can go home to get him.

I can't think of what has made him sick. The only new thing in our routine yesterday was that all the pugs got some new treats. I bought them freeze-dried fish skins. Everyone ate them and seemed to really like them. Would this make only him sick?

How long would you wait before calling the vet?
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Skeeter is acting sick... Empty Re: Skeeter is acting sick...

Post  Amber 4/13/2010, 1:35 pm

I don't think it would hurt to call the vet and just see what they said. Has he had fish before? My Dora is allergic to fish, so that's a thought.
Amber
Amber

Number of posts : 2080

http://www.lotusblossomphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 4/13/2010, 1:41 pm

I agree with Amber - even if he's not allergic to fish, maybe something in the processing might have made him a bit sick. If you can get home to check on him, go. He's probably okay, but I know you're not gonna be able to concentrate on anything thinking about your boy. Hope he's okay.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 4/13/2010, 1:45 pm

Reneé, did Skeeter eat some treats at the pug party? I know it is now a couple days later, but maybe that made him sick. Or (with the yards starting to get bare) maybe he found something out in the yard? Moose was sick two days ago because he decided to eat old grass that was up against the house.

Spring also seems to make more 'bugs' come out. Sigh...

I hope he is better soon! Meanwhile, feed him lightly (boiled rice & chicken), or don't feed him at all for 24 hours. It won't hurt him and it can give his stomach and intestines a rest.

If he isn't better in 24-36 hours, then off to the vet!
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 4/13/2010, 1:48 pm

I would go check him, and if he is not feeling a lot better, I would head for the vet. The throwing up is not a real problem, lots of dogs do this occasionally, but not feeling well at the same time is an indication of something that may need to be checked out if it continues today.

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 4/13/2010, 1:52 pm

Okay you guys - I am just beside myself with worry. I can't think about anything else. So, off to the vet we go. His appointment is in an hour. I won't be able to relax until they tell me he is okay. He is my happy-go-lucky little guy, and acting sick really scares me.
Renee
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 4/13/2010, 2:20 pm

I hope it is nothing serious. Thurston threw up three times yesterday morning before breakfast for no reason. He's fine now, but it was a mystery.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 4/13/2010, 2:29 pm

aw, poor guy... I hope he's ok!
Wouldn't hurt to give the vet a call. better safe than sorry.
good luck! sending positive vibes your way!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 4/13/2010, 4:00 pm

Hugs to you and Skeeter, and good thoughts and prayers that the dogtor gives him clean bill of health!
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 4/13/2010, 4:11 pm

Renee - keeping Skeeter in my thoughts! I hope it's nothing..and he's ok soon.

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 4/13/2010, 8:07 pm

My dear friends:

I can only confess this to you.

I just spent $375 on x-rays, blood work, antibiotics, etc. And the diagnosis is:

Skeeter is full of shit

Yup, you read that right. His belly is full of food (likely poop too from the yard), and his colon is full of poo waiting to come out. The man is constipated! Skeeter is acting sick... Icon_rolleyes

No dinner for him tonight, and if he doesn't get the mail moving soon, he's headed back in to get on an iv for fluids.

Goodness, it is good I love the little guy. Now, please say a prayer my husband doesn't find out!
Renee
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 4/13/2010, 9:25 pm

Ohhh, these guys!! I am glad it's nothing serious.
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 4/14/2010, 2:21 pm

Oh my Dog! They do love to flatten our wallets and give us grey hairs, don't they? Give Skeeter a hug from me, and tell him to get moving!
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 4/15/2010, 3:09 pm

Um, Renee, is anything moving yet with Skeeter? Sending thoughts that things will come out with a good outcome. Skeeter is acting sick... 335895
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 4/15/2010, 3:12 pm

I think he finally took a load off this morning, and it feeling much better. The little stinker!!

Thanks for checking in on him. Skeeter is acting sick... 335895
Renee
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaJones 4/15/2010, 3:51 pm

Renee wrote:My dear friends:

I can only confess this to you.

I just spent $375 on x-rays, blood work, antibiotics, etc. And the diagnosis is:

Skeeter is full of shit

Oh my gosh! This made me laugh so loud! I'm SO relieved it's not too serious. I hope Skeeter gets himself emptied out pretty soon.
MommaJones
MommaJones

Number of posts : 3761

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down