Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weird Skin Thingy

+2
Amanda
TxAllieGrl
6 posters

Go down

Weird Skin Thingy Empty Weird Skin Thingy

Post  TxAllieGrl 6/25/2010, 11:13 pm

on top of Angel's current challenges, it seems she's developed some sort of weird skin thingy. her skin is all flakey and peeling - sort of like after a sunburn. there's no redness, no change in her itchiness (I don't notice her scratching more), no smell, etc.

I haven't done anything different to/for her - no clue what could be causing it!

Any ideas? Or should I get her into the vet?

I've been hesistant to force a bath on her since it would just stress her out more, and I've been trying to avoid anything stressful.

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Weird Skin Thingy Empty Re: Weird Skin Thingy

Post  Amanda 6/25/2010, 11:29 pm

No idea honestly. Maybe a fungus of some kind? Is her skin just overly dry and maybe she's a little dehydrated, since it's been so hot, making it worse?
Amanda
Amanda

Number of posts : 6990

http://www.pugauthority.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 6/25/2010, 11:49 pm

Dehydration is unfortunately possible - she doesn't go outside much (I can't in good conscience put her out in that heat). She's only outside for a few minutes in the morning (before it's hot) or in the evening (if it's cooled off a bit). She drinks like a camel with the furosemide she's on - but then that makes her pee lakes. I wonder if she's just not absorbing enough water.

I will try to watch her fluids - good idea!

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  MackandMattiesMom 6/26/2010, 12:12 am

If she's on furosemide, there's definitely a good chance she's dehydrated. That's what caused my dehydration the beginning of the month and landed me in the hospital, and I drink a lot of water - no less than 96 oz a day and most days more than that. My skin had also been really dry and I just thought it was from the change of seasons and it being so hot, although I wasn't out in it too much.
MackandMattiesMom
MackandMattiesMom

Number of posts : 2609

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel 6/26/2010, 1:06 am

Oh Allie - you worry enough about your baby. I hope she's better soon! Weird Skin Thingy 27965
Mel
Mel

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaJones 6/26/2010, 8:07 am

I don't have any answers. Just want to say that I'm thinking of you and Angel. I hope you can figure it out.
MommaJones
MommaJones

Number of posts : 3761

Back to top Go down

Post  Eph91 6/26/2010, 8:15 am

I don't have answers, either, but I, too, hope you get it figured out soon. I know some people add certain oils to their pugs' food for their coats, I wonder if that would help, too?
Eph91
Eph91

Number of posts : 2839

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down