Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help! Bandit has a bad skin problem.

2 posters

Go down

Help! Bandit has a bad skin problem. Empty Help! Bandit has a bad skin problem.

Post  Bandit944 3/25/2011, 3:58 pm

Hi,
Bandit has lost all his hair on his chest & under his armpits. He itches constantly and skin weeps
a oil substance. Smells terrible. Been to three Vets over the past 1 1/2 years. Lots of antibiotics, anti itching pills, Fluconazole tablets for yeast and many new foods. He is now on California Natural Lamb & Rice Formula. Attached is a photo of Bandit.
Thank you,
Bob & Bandit

Bandit944

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Help! Bandit has a bad skin problem. Empty Re: Help! Bandit has a bad skin problem.

Post  northernwitch 3/25/2011, 4:41 pm

Hi and welcome. See my post about Yeast vs. Allergies on this forum.

I'd get him off of any grain foods--so no rice. Might be worth trying a fish based kibble (if you're going to feed kibble), but preferably not one with salmon as many dogs are now reacting to salmon (two of mine do).

There are many topics on this forum worth reading over that can help. I assume your vet has ruled out any type of mange--sarcoptic or demodectic.

northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down