Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weird bump!

+4
akc0104
Sara
Amanda
Saira
8 posters

Go down

Weird bump! Empty Weird bump!

Post  Saira 4/1/2009, 6:17 pm

Not on my pugs, but I was wondering if anyone has seen or heard about this. We got a call from the shelter saying they were going to put down a 2 year old female because of a bump on her side. So of course, we go and get her. The vet said it was odd but it was (luckily) in an easily accessible place, and he removed it at the same time as the spay. We sent it out to be tested (no results yet), BUT...he said it looked like a few moles were growing on top of each other (eww) and he couldn't recall seeing anything like that before!

Anyways, here she is...isn't she adorable?
Weird bump! 242violet1
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Weird bump! Empty Re: Weird bump!

Post  Amanda 4/1/2009, 6:38 pm

She's a cutie!! No idea about the bump. I guess it really could be anything but hopefully it's nothing! Glad you could save her!
Amanda
Amanda

Number of posts : 6990

http://www.pugauthority.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara 4/1/2009, 8:46 pm

Awwww what a cutie, thanks for saving her. Hope everything comes back as okay on the "bump".
Sara
Sara

Number of posts : 4083

Back to top Go down

Post  akc0104 4/1/2009, 10:28 pm

You're going to be the expert on pugs with weird bumps. Wink
akc0104
akc0104

Number of posts : 1742

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 4/1/2009, 11:23 pm

Are they sure it's not just a wart? Like a papilloma virus? I can't see very well in the picture. We don't have much experience with strange bumps but when Bruno had a big bump growing on his lip, it was a wart.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 4/1/2009, 11:30 pm

[quote="akc0104"]You're going to be the expert on pugs with weird bumps. Wink[quote="smoochieface"]my own pugs) have had an array of bumps-we like to keep the vets on their toes!

smoochieface wrote:Are they sure it's not just a wart? Like a papilloma virus? I can't see very well in the picture. We don't have much experience with strange bumps but when Bruno had a big bump growing on his lip, it was a wart.

We actually didn't have a pic of the bump, it was on her side. These were post surgery! But funny you should mention papilloma, as Dawn picked up a pug a few days ago that had a bad case of that, and the guy who surrendered him kept calling it "puppy loma." Very Happy
Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaIzzyAggy 4/2/2009, 7:57 am

No idea on the bump but she sure is cute. Looks like she may have lots of energy too. Very Happy
LisaIzzyAggy
LisaIzzyAggy

Number of posts : 3001

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugs4me 4/3/2009, 3:06 pm

I don't have any idea about her bump either but had so say she's a beautiful and lucky little girl.
Pugs4me
Pugs4me

Number of posts : 405

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverHopper 4/5/2009, 11:01 am

No experience here in warts. I know my senior man, Chipper, have numerous ones we've removed several years ago during a dental but more has popped up since. I'm not going to put him through any stress to have them removed as he's 15 1/2 years old. She sure is a happy looking cutie!
ForeverHopper
ForeverHopper

Number of posts : 301

http://www.centralfloridapugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 4/7/2009, 12:31 pm

I forgot to post an update! The tests came back-the lump was benign. Our vet thinks it was probably something she was born with and shouldn't come back.

Dawn (another board member) had picked her up from the vet, and brought her to Pet-A-Palooza, and oh my gosh-she is the CUTEST!! She had many,many, MANY people fall in love with her, and went to her new home Monday. She was so sweet too! I have NO idea how she ended up a stray with no one beating down the doors to claim her.
Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara 4/8/2009, 12:48 am

That is a great update Saira!
Sara
Sara

Number of posts : 4083

Back to top Go down