Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boston Terrier's ears.

+2
Aussie Witch
Miss Pugg
6 posters

Go down

Boston Terrier's ears. Empty Boston Terrier's ears.

Post  Miss Pugg 3/23/2010, 10:36 pm

At yesterday's vet visit, the vet was concerned about Jasmine's very thin ears (also hairless). She said to keep them covered and warm. I would assume she meant in the winter but now I'm not so sure. How in the heck do you keep dogs' ears warm? I thought maybe I would go to a resale shop and look for baby caps & see if that would work. I used to knit a lot and have for 60 years but knitting now with 3 dogs (5 eyes total) worries me that I might poke out an eye. Does anyone have any ideas how I can keep her ears warm, either now or in the winter. They are so thin, I think you can read thru them, poor baby. Boston Terrier's ears. 745924
Miss Pugg
Miss Pugg

Number of posts : 659

Back to top Go down

Boston Terrier's ears. Empty Re: Boston Terrier's ears.

Post  Aussie Witch 3/23/2010, 11:01 pm

Alice/Viralmd knitted a little beanie for Cyril, one with ear flaps. He hates it but looks very cute. I can't imagine how you would overcome the upright ears though. Bit of a conumdrum.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerSnap 3/24/2010, 7:41 am

Where's the adorable hat picture of the ones that Jana got?
GingerSnap
GingerSnap

Number of posts : 3547

Back to top Go down

Boston Terrier's ears. Empty ears

Post  Miss Pugg 3/24/2010, 9:28 pm

I hope someone can post pictures of Cyril's hat and the other one. Her poor little ears are so thin and cold (even today when it was 60 outside). I tied a headscarf on her, just to see how it would go. She looked like a little peasant lady from overseas but she kept it on. She also keeps her diaper on at night but it's always soaked when I let her out in the a.m.
Miss Pugg
Miss Pugg

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 3/25/2010, 10:10 am

I don't think this is exactly what Jana got for her and the girls, but here's something that might be an option for Jasmine: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=43411248&ref=sr_gallery_19&&ga_search_query=dog+hats&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title
Not too pricey either...
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  viralmd 3/25/2010, 6:34 pm

Boston Terrier's ears. 2598260491Would this work for you? I have a pattern for it:

viralmd

Number of posts : 56
Location : Cyrilia, an independent entity contained entirely within the City of New York

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 3/25/2010, 8:49 pm

Is it just me or is there no picture, Alice?
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Boston Terrier's ears. Empty hat

Post  Miss Pugg 3/25/2010, 9:55 pm

That looks perfect. Going to show it to my daughter Friday & we'll probably order it. Alice: I once saw something you knit for Cyril and thought it would be great for my Pugs. I see the picture didn't come up. I imagine I could shoo the three dogs off my lap and knit them something but the thought of 5 eyes being so near knitting needles scares me. Could you post the instructions when you have time? Thanks to you all Boston Terrier's ears. 335895
Miss Pugg
Miss Pugg

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 4/1/2010, 4:37 pm

that is just way too cute! lol.... what a good model pug in that pic, hehe....

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down