Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rain and potty issues

+5
papaspugs
pugmom
GracieNEmma
sallyandtilly
MackandMattiesMom
9 posters

Go down

Rain and potty issues Empty Rain and potty issues

Post  MackandMattiesMom 5/19/2009, 8:35 am

So, it is finally the start of our rainy season apparently. Mack is fine, he will go on a pee pad inside the house or go out into the rain and pee. Mattie is a complete mess. She is terrified of rain and hides when it's loud. She won't pee inside to save her life, not even on a pee pad no matter what I've tried to entice her. I hate having to make her go out in the rain when she's so scared of it. Any suggestions on how I can get her to go on a pee pad? I just can't imagine that it's healthy for her to hold it 12 hours or so. It's been raining pretty much non-stop for 2 days. I feel horrible for her and have tried everything to get her to go on a pad. She looks at me as if she'd rather die. She's such a priss.
MackandMattiesMom
MackandMattiesMom

Number of posts : 2609

Back to top Go down

Rain and potty issues Empty Re: Rain and potty issues

Post  sallyandtilly 5/19/2009, 9:43 am

Maybe she is afraid to go potty in the house? Have you tried the garage? Also, do you go out with her? We always take Tilly out on a leash with an umbrella when it rains. pug
sallyandtilly
sallyandtilly

Number of posts : 3150

Back to top Go down

Post  MackandMattiesMom 5/19/2009, 9:51 am

I always go out with them because of the pool in the backyard. We don't have a garage. She's more scared of the noises than the rain itself. She was on the streets for who knows how long before rescue got her so I think that may be part of her issues, but she just doesn't like loud noises at all.
MackandMattiesMom
MackandMattiesMom

Number of posts : 2609

Back to top Go down

Post  GracieNEmma 5/19/2009, 4:39 pm

Well, I don't have any suggestions on the pee pads but I know how you feel about the rain. Your not far from me so we are getting the rain here too (which we have needed soooo badly). My girls won't go out in the rain either. I walked in to the bathroom last night to find someone had done their business on my bathroom rug. Rolling Eyes Maybe try putting the pee pad by the door you go out of? I never used the pee pads so I have zero experience with them.
GracieNEmma
GracieNEmma

Number of posts : 1065

Back to top Go down

Post  pugmom 9/14/2009, 10:22 pm

Have you tried leaving the soiled pee pad that Mack uses? Perhaps if she smelled that there was pee there she might try it herself. I know that would work with Pepper my female grand pug. She thinks she has to go "mark" where ever the male pugs have gone. Oh yes, she will even hike up her back leg. Very funny to watch. Rain and potty issues Icon_lol
pugmom
pugmom

Number of posts : 956

Back to top Go down

Post  papaspugs 9/15/2009, 8:40 am

Can you put a pee pad right out the back door? Maybe a soiled one too that she'll know it is okay.
papaspugs
papaspugs

Number of posts : 2297

Back to top Go down

Post  lawpug 10/5/2009, 9:24 pm

Ugh, mine would never go out in the rain if it weren't for me dragging them down the street. You know, once I catch them and carry them off the porch because there is no way, no how, nononononononono way they are going out in that disgusting wet world, that is. They aren't happy about it, but the show must go on. Though, I imagine if I weren't forcing them to walk and was just letting them out in the backyard (I wish we had one), they probably would just huddle into the driest spot they could find and beg to come back in. Maybe try making them take a walk up and down the street really quick? I find the rainy day walks are the fastest, because they sure get down to business quickly when they realize they aren't going to win! Good luck!
lawpug
lawpug

Number of posts : 281

Back to top Go down

Post  dieselsmom 10/5/2009, 9:54 pm

I'm no help. I was going to suggest the garage too - that's what we do for her royal heiness Kayla who cannot stand to get her princess paws wet. Hope someone has a suggestion that works for Mattie.
dieselsmom
dieselsmom

Number of posts : 2235

http://www.cloudk9.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaJones 10/5/2009, 9:57 pm

Does she like to pee ON something? What about a potted plant on a pee pad?
MommaJones
MommaJones

Number of posts : 3761

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara 10/18/2009, 10:30 am

pugmom wrote:Have you tried leaving the soiled pee pad that Mack uses? Perhaps if she smelled that there was pee there she might try it herself. I know that would work with Pepper my female grand pug. She thinks she has to go "mark" where ever the male pugs have gone. Oh yes, she will even hike up her back leg. Very funny to watch. Rain and potty issues Icon_lol

That is exactly what I was thinking as CP loves to overpee other dogs.
Sara
Sara

Number of posts : 4083

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 11/4/2009, 4:28 pm

when i first took honey out to go to the bathroom in the rain honey wouldnt go as far as the stairs to get to the grass..

so i tried puttin on her rain jacket and she went right on down the stairs and went potty......

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 11/17/2009, 4:13 pm

perhaps try to get her used to the rain and not to be so afraid of it? mine hated it more than he does now...he still doesnt like it but hes no longer scared to go out because i encourage him and take an umbrella with me. now it just makes him go super fast outside so he can just be back inside hehe.

i would try moving the pee pad to other places as well if that doesnt work. good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down