Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What causes infections in the nose roll?

4 posters

Go down

What causes infections in the nose roll? Empty What causes infections in the nose roll?

Post  Guest 6/25/2010, 7:40 pm

I just read this entire thread and was surprised to hear of so many pugs having these nose roll infections. I have always kept my boy's nose wrinkles pretty clean and never had a problem. Is it just from the build up of gunk? Anyway, its great to know about a product that would address an infection if that ever arose. Thanks for the great info everybody!! pugmamablog.com

Back to top Go down

What causes infections in the nose roll? Empty Re: What causes infections in the nose roll?

Post  northernwitch 6/25/2010, 8:00 pm

While it's a disgusting analogy, nose fold infections are like jock itch--moisture trapped in a skin fold that doesn't get enough air and so yeast and other bacteria thrive in that warm and moist environment. And not all nose folds get infected--really depends on the depth of the fold, how close it is to the surrounding skin, etc. I rarely have problems with it as long as I stay on top of keeping the "deep fold" dogs clean and dry.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

What causes infections in the nose roll? Empty Re: What causes infections in the nose roll?

Post  Guest 6/26/2010, 9:37 am

Blanche, eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww!! Jock itch?

Only pug I have ever had trouble with the nose roll, is Solomon who gets eye drops 5 times a day, and it makes his eyes water. I clean twice a day, but should maybe 5 times.

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 6/26/2010, 2:03 pm

PUGSMUM wrote:Blanche, eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww!! Jock itch?

Only pug I have ever had trouble with the nose roll, is Solomon who gets eye drops 5 times a day, and it makes his eyes water. I clean twice a day, but should maybe 5 times.
Yeah. Sorry about the analogy, but it's essentially the same kind of infection from the same cause--warm, moist areas that don't get enough air. I could have used the more crude term--"Crotch rot"--but thought jock itch was less gross.......
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 6/26/2010, 3:31 pm

PUGSMUM wrote:Blanche, eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww!! Jock itch?

Hooli is the one we have trouble with too-he has a really deep nose roll, and when he gets allergies, his eyes water-which ends up right into the nose folds. Yuck. We wipe them out at least twice a day but sometimes an infection still develops.

Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindsey 6/26/2010, 6:28 pm

Saira wrote:
Hooli is the one we have trouble with too-he has a really deep nose roll, and when he gets allergies, his eyes water-which ends up right into the nose folds. Yuck. We wipe them out at least twice a day but sometimes an infection still develops.

We have a problem with Murphy's little wrinkle too. We clean it daily and try to catch him when he is scratching at it. Poor little guy. I just feel bad for him.
Lindsey
Lindsey

Number of posts : 2033

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 6/26/2010, 10:38 pm

I'm gonna tell Dre that she's got jock itch next time... *snicker*

her nose roll is so deep we can park a truck in there. I clean it every couple of days with a baby wipe (unscented, natural kind), then stridex pads (mild/sensitive skin), followed with a dab of neosporin. Works like a charm!

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 6/26/2010, 10:46 pm

TxAllieGrl wrote:I'm gonna tell Dre that she's got jock itch next time... *snicker*

her nose roll is so deep we can park a truck in there. I clean it every couple of days with a baby wipe (unscented, natural kind), then stridex pads (mild/sensitive skin), followed with a dab of neosporin. Works like a charm!
She and Tank must be related. I always say you could pitch a tent and camp in there his fold is so deep.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down