Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Not available for adoption" Prayers for "Pippi" Update and pic

+13
Katie & Stella
Maryjo
smoochieface
Aussie Witch
Rebecca and the Pugs
Saira
northernwitch
PugLady3
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
TxAllieGrl
puglover22
Eph91
PinkLotus
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

"Not available for adoption" Prayers for "Pippi" Update and pic Empty "Not available for adoption" Prayers for "Pippi" Update and pic

Post  PinkLotus 8/2/2010, 9:39 am

Another update:
Pippi, now "Puddin" is now safely in rescue. Here is a picture from the rescue website. Look at this poor little face. Here is her page http://www.littlebowwowrescue.com/PUDDIN.html

Update: The humane society has found a rescue in Franklin Tn to take her. They specialize in small seniors. I think the humane society was a little scared her medical need might overcome their budget. So, it doesn't look like I will be fostering her but at least she will get the care she needs! YAY! I asked the humane society lady to pass my info to the rescue, I would love to keep up with how she does.

I made a quick run into animal control on Saturday just to see who was there. "Not available for adoption" Prayers for "Pippi" Update and pic Icon_rolleyes
At the very end I went into the "puppy" room. There I found a filthy little yorkie, about the size of my Mouse(4lbs) with one eye very runny, shivering in a cage. Her tag said she is 8+, has a tumor on her belly and the ominous "Not available for adoption" written in red. I put my hand to the cage and she bravely stuck out her little pink tongue for a kiss.
Well, I wasn't having any of the "not available" business. I asked the man behind the desk to let me know if she becomes available...he wrote "contact before euth" on her card beside my name. "Not available for adoption" Prayers for "Pippi" Update and pic Icon_cry So I came home and started work. I have been e-mailing back and forth with the director of the local humane society who said she will try to get her out "if we can find a new foster, all ours are full" wink wink, nod nod. So I filled out the foster application and she is supposed to be contacting animal control this morning.
I have dubbed her Pippi because she was so dirty and disheveled looking. lol
Please keep her in your thoughts. I really hope the humane society can get her out and something can be done for her.

Last edited by PinkLotus on 8/6/2010, 7:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
PinkLotus
PinkLotus

Number of posts : 67

Back to top Go down

"Not available for adoption" Prayers for "Pippi" Update and pic Empty Re: "Not available for adoption" Prayers for "Pippi" Update and pic

Post  Eph91 8/2/2010, 9:42 am

I sure hope you get her, Mel! Did they tell you why she's "not available?" How soon will you hear? It sounds like she needs a bath and a vet visit, not to mention lots of kisses!
Eph91
Eph91

Number of posts : 2839

Back to top Go down

"Not available for adoption" Prayers for "Pippi" Update and pic Empty Re: "Not available for adoption" Prayers for "Pippi" Update and pic

Post  puglover22 8/2/2010, 9:45 am

yes I'm curious too why she was not available....did they think she was sick and figure it's easier to put her down than to get her well?
Mel I have my fingers crossed for you, I think the little girl would be tickled pink to come live with you!
puglover22
puglover22

Number of posts : 608

Back to top Go down

Post  PinkLotus 8/2/2010, 9:46 am

Eph91 wrote:I sure hope you get her, Mel! Did they tell you why she's "not available?" How soon will you hear? It sounds like she needs a bath and a vet visit, not to mention lots of kisses!
From what I gathered talking to the man behind the desk. The city will not authorize any funds for a vet for the shelter. The animals who come in are not given any medical treatment at all. If they appear too sick for adoption they are simply put down.
PinkLotus
PinkLotus

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 8/2/2010, 9:58 am

that's heart wrenching! here's hoping Pippi can get some help.

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  PinkLotus 8/2/2010, 10:05 am

Animal control opens at 9am and it is just after that now so hopefully I will hear something soon.
PinkLotus
PinkLotus

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 8/2/2010, 10:09 am

Oh, I hope Pippi can be sprung and get some help, poor little thing. Thank you for doing what you can for her, I hope her story has a happy ending.
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 8/2/2010, 10:26 am

Fingers, toes, and paws are crossed here. I hope that Pippi is soon in your care. "Not available for adoption" Prayers for "Pippi" Update and pic 335895
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 8/2/2010, 10:33 am

Poor little muffin. I hopeyou can get her, Mel. I thank the Dog gods every day for our Animal Control system here which is (1) unbelievably humane and (2) always works with rescue.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 8/2/2010, 10:34 am

I hope you get her!
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs 8/2/2010, 11:40 am

I hope you get her too. Many years ago now, I fostered Marley of HouseofMarley.com fame. She was in a shelter in the bay area. When one of our volunteers went to get her from the pound (they wouldn't release her, they had to pay the fee), the shelter workers actually tried to talk our volunteers out of taking her because she was old and sick and wanted to show them healthy puppies instead. She was a gray-faced girl then with severe skin disorders that became a true pug diva quickly. In fact, I still blame Marley for teaching Jewel (who was a wee foster puppy at the time) all of the true black diva ways. Bless you Mel.
Rebecca and the Pugs
Rebecca and the Pugs

Number of posts : 2936

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 8/2/2010, 2:36 pm

Yes, bless you Mel. If this little girl has a chance, you've just given it to her. "Not available for adoption" Prayers for "Pippi" Update and pic 335895
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 8/2/2010, 3:50 pm

More fingers crossed for you, Mel!
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 8/2/2010, 4:13 pm

Mel, camp out on their doorstep. Can you look at them with tears and see if they'll let you take her? Especially now that you have a rescue behind you.

We're praying for her here.
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  PinkLotus 8/2/2010, 8:48 pm

Thanks everyone! Still no word from my humane society contact, ug! I already e-mailed her so I guess I will try to patienty wait for news. I will start bugging her again tomorrow if she doesn't e-mail me back tonight.
"Not available for adoption" Prayers for "Pippi" Update and pic 9386
PinkLotus
PinkLotus

Back to top Go down

Post  Katie & Stella 8/2/2010, 8:51 pm

I keep checking to see if you got her. I hope they get back to you soon!
Katie & Stella
Katie & Stella

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 8/2/2010, 9:31 pm

Every day, I am so grateful that I work in a no-kill shelter with excellent realtions with our very low-kill Animal Control. Saying prayers and a ton of positive energy heading to the shelter to get off their butts and call you!
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda 8/2/2010, 9:35 pm

Mel, you have a heart of gold! I hope you can foster the little one.
Brenda
Brenda

Number of posts : 2221

Back to top Go down

Post  PinkLotus 8/3/2010, 9:19 am

Update in first post!
PinkLotus
PinkLotus

Back to top Go down

Post  Eph91 8/3/2010, 9:21 am

Well that's positive news, Mel! I do hope they keep you updated so you can let us know how she does!
Eph91
Eph91

Number of posts : 2839

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda 8/3/2010, 9:59 am

Awesome! At least she'll be safe now.
Brenda
Brenda

Number of posts : 2221

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 8/3/2010, 2:42 pm

Great outcome Mel! Thanks for being her champion. "Not available for adoption" Prayers for "Pippi" Update and pic 335895
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 8/3/2010, 4:46 pm

Wonderful news! Way to stay on this one, Mel!
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 8/3/2010, 5:15 pm

Great news - Pippi is safe! Good work, Mel, I have a feeling that you got them moving and that is what did the trick.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  PinkLotus 8/3/2010, 5:43 pm

Thanks everyone! "Pippi" made it safely to the vet. Right now it looks like mammory infections from being over bred and not spayed. "Not available for adoption" Prayers for "Pippi" Update and pic 574694 So it looks like she was bred and bred then dumped when her usefulness was over. I could tell she was a beautiful little yorkie under all that dirt so I figured that was the case from the beginning.
They are hopeful it is not more serious but will keep me updated.
She said I definately saved her life because she was almost out of time at animal control. I am so glad I decided to pop into animal control that day! "Not available for adoption" Prayers for "Pippi" Update and pic 335895
PinkLotus
PinkLotus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next