Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 Dogs! Yippee!!

+7
smoochieface
Brenda
Pugsaunt
MandyPug
Renee
pugsandkids
Maryjo
11 posters

Go down

5 Dogs! Yippee!! Empty 5 Dogs! Yippee!!

Post  Maryjo 9/2/2010, 12:46 pm

Polar Pug Rescue (& Friends) adopted out 5 dogs this week! 5 Dogs! Yippee!! 977583

We adpoted out a Peke, a Bichon Frise, a one-eyed black Pom boy, and two pugs that had to go together!!

T'was a good week for our rescue. We still have a plethora of pugs, but, at the moment, only 4 non-pugs.

There is a good possibility we will have 7 Chinese Crested and 2 Lhasa's in the upcoming weeks. Vickie is boarding them for the judicial system while their former owner is on trial on animal hoarding charges. Vickie just has the tip of the iceburg of what this woman had in her house. 5 Dogs! Yippee!! 253213 The state says if the woman is found guilty, Vickie will keep the dogs in her care and she can put them on her site as 'up for adoption'. She's had the poor dears for over 7 months. And isn't allowed to put them in foster care, so they stay at the daycare/boarding she owns. 2 of the dogs are unspayed females that she isn't even allowed to get spayed until the trial is over. Sigh...
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

5 Dogs! Yippee!! Empty Re: 5 Dogs! Yippee!!

Post  pugsandkids 9/2/2010, 12:55 pm

Oh my gosh, hopefully this last week is a sign of things to come? Yay for the 5 dogs who found wonderful new homes!
pugsandkids
pugsandkids

Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 9/2/2010, 12:59 pm

excited excited

Yes, I got the update about all the awesome adptions this week! Woo Hoo!!!

I am SOOOOOO happy Gabby & Gracie were able to go together!!!!
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  MandyPug 9/2/2010, 1:02 pm

Congrats! Our turnover has been pretty good this year too... Well at least before we had to close 4 weeks ago due to a ringworm outbreak. We'll be closed for another 4 weeks at least (evil ringworm!!!!). Though we still have people calling everyday wanting to adopt the cats and dogs we have listed on Petfinder!

Perhaps this is a sign that people are starting to learn about rescues and about the horrors of petshops and puppy mills?
MandyPug
MandyPug

Number of posts : 830

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 9/2/2010, 2:09 pm

Congratulations on the fabulous five! Such a great thing for everyone. Drinking So sad about the hoarder. Is there a chance that she will get the dogs back? That would be awful beyond words.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 9/2/2010, 2:24 pm

Pugsaunt wrote:.....So sad about the hoarder. Is there a chance that she will get the dogs back? That would be awful beyond words.

I honestly don't know. A twist to the story is that the lawyer representing her is now up on charges himself (which came up after he took her case). He has several wolf-dogs (supposedly with the proper licenses) and one kept getting out of his yard and terrorizing the neighborhood, and managed to kill other dogs in the neighborhood twice. What if a child had been in its path?

I hear that he thought being good friends with a city council member would keep him off the hot seat, but now that dog has been taken into pound custody and he'll be coming up on trial for not keeping a dangerous animal under control. 5 Dogs! Yippee!! Icon_rolleyes Not to mention I hear there are a couple private lawsuits against him, too. A friend of mine lives on his street and says the guy is an unfriendly, reclusive neighbor who argues when his dog kills some other dog that it is the other dog's owner's fault!
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda 9/2/2010, 2:57 pm

That is awesome!! We need some adoptions to happen.
Brenda
Brenda

Number of posts : 2221

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 9/2/2010, 6:33 pm

I saw this on the rescue's FB page. Awesome job up there!
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 9/2/2010, 7:00 pm

Great result MJ! Hope the other little dudes find homes just as quickly.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  juneau hunter 9/2/2010, 11:09 pm

wow, good news about the 5....and shocking news about the lawyer!!! Like I always say..."dentists need to get their own teeth pulled, therapists need their own shrink, and lawyers need to mortgage their own house to pay for their own lawyer.
juneau hunter
juneau hunter

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 9/3/2010, 9:48 am

Brenda wrote:We need some adoptions to happen.

Amen to that! Congratulations on the adoptions MJ! That's terrific. For a second there, I read the title and almost thought that you were going to say that you adopted 5 more pugs! rofl
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 9/3/2010, 12:09 pm

Brenda wrote:That is awesome!! We need some adoptions to happen.

They are coming in, but no one is going out!! And they are all males...and everyone wants a female...ugh.

Congrats MJ, you guys are doing a great job!
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 9/3/2010, 12:24 pm

Saira wrote:
Brenda wrote:That is awesome!! We need some adoptions to happen.

They are coming in, but no one is going out!! And they are all males...and everyone wants a female...ugh.

Congrats MJ, you guys are doing a great job!

Ya know...after having girls and boys...I am convinced the best pugs are middle to old aged males. Those are my very favorite fosters!
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down