Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What to feed in place of innova?

+3
Not Afraid
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
agilepug
7 posters

Go down

What to feed in place of innova? Empty What to feed in place of innova?

Post  agilepug 10/20/2010, 2:56 pm

I mainly feed my gang raw, but about one meal a week is kibble. The younger ones have agility practice about an hour away and kibble just works better for us that night, plus I use it occasionally when we travel. They only get it once a week so it doesn't need to be the perfect food, but they need to like it and I need to feel good about feeding it to them.

Any opinions if it will still be a good food, now that it's been sold to P & G? I'm doubting it, myself. I fed EVO any similar grain free kibbles that would be better?
agilepug
agilepug

Number of posts : 148

http://www.westoverpugpack.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

What to feed in place of innova? Empty Re: What to feed in place of innova?

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 10/20/2010, 3:07 pm

I used Wellness Core Ocean for Tyson due to his allergies and had good luck with it.
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 10/20/2010, 3:09 pm

Wellness or Orijen would be my suggestions for kibble, Ziwi Peak for dehydrated raw - or what about doing a canned food such as Instinct?
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  MandyPug 10/20/2010, 3:10 pm

Orijen is the closest to EVO, there's also the Acana Provincials and Go! and Now! and Wellness Core but those ones are substantially less protein and fat than Orijen and EVO.
MandyPug
MandyPug

Number of posts : 830

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 10/20/2010, 3:11 pm

Tyson&LuLu'sMom wrote:I used Wellness Core Ocean for Tyson due to his allergies and had good luck with it.

Gotta second Becky on this one.

I would love to try Orijen or Acana, but they aren't sold up here in Alaska, that I know of.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  MandyPug 10/20/2010, 3:14 pm

Renee wrote:I would love to try Orijen or Acana, but they aren't sold up here in Alaska, that I know of.

Alaska Garden & Pet Supply
114 N Orca
Anchorage, AK 99510
Phone: (907) 276-6016

Those guys SHOULD carry Orijen and Acana
MandyPug
MandyPug

Back to top Go down

Post  MackandMattiesMom 10/20/2010, 3:18 pm

Tyson&LuLu'sMom wrote:I used Wellness Core Ocean for Tyson due to his allergies and had good luck with it.

This is what I feed Mack and Sue-Shi also. They don't have allergies that I'm aware of, but I prefer grain free. They both have beautiful, soft, shiny coats and have done great on it.
MackandMattiesMom
MackandMattiesMom

Number of posts : 2609

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 10/20/2010, 11:28 pm

Jesse:
Have you checked out the Nature's Variety Instinct kibble? It's pretty decent and has a rabbit formula that has been pretty successful with some of my itchier dogs.

Or what about Wellness Canned? they make some very good canned food
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MandyPug 10/20/2010, 11:31 pm

northernwitch wrote:Jesse:
Have you checked out the Nature's Variety Instinct kibble? It's pretty decent and has a rabbit formula that has been pretty successful with some of my itchier dogs.

The rabbit for NV is unfortunately sourced from China... That doesn't bother some, but i just thought i'd mention it.
MandyPug
MandyPug

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 10/20/2010, 11:49 pm

MandyPug wrote:

The rabbit for NV is unfortunately sourced from China... That doesn't bother some, but i just thought i'd mention it.
Hmmm. thanks Mandy. That does bother me. Crap.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 10/21/2010, 12:20 am

northernwitch wrote:
MandyPug wrote:

Yeah, their rabbit is the only thing they source from China, and they seem to maintain tight controls over the product, but you never know.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 10/21/2010, 12:47 pm

northernwitch wrote:
MandyPug wrote:

Yep, that bothers me too. I found that out when I was giving NV raw medallions a try. Needless to say - I stopped buying it.

Anymore, my last brand I trust for kibble / canned is the Wellness Core. I really, really want to use Taste of the Wild....but the ethyoxquin (sp?) scares me....so, none of that.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  agilepug 10/21/2010, 9:11 pm

Thanks everyone. I'm going to take a better look at a few, orijen sounds like a good fit, I may look at NV instinct too, but not the rabbit, why does it have to be sourced from china?
It has to be kibble, remember this is just for one night a week....typically fed in their crates after class.

agilepug
agilepug

Number of posts : 148

http://www.westoverpugpack.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down