Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ollie ate some brownies.

+3
thminis
Renee
pugfish
7 posters

Go down

Ollie ate some brownies. Empty Ollie ate some brownies.

Post  pugfish 10/26/2010, 3:01 pm

I dont know how much she ate but Im sure she ate a good amount of double choco chip brownies. Now my vet is out of town and truthfully with me being the only one working I dont have the money to take her to er vet. So help what can I do!!!!!
pugfish
pugfish

Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Ollie ate some brownies. Empty Re: Ollie ate some brownies.

Post  Renee 10/26/2010, 3:02 pm

Make her throw up. Give her hydrogen peroxide.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  pugfish 10/26/2010, 3:05 pm

how much she weighs about 17ish lbs
pugfish
pugfish

Back to top Go down

Post  thminis 10/26/2010, 3:07 pm

pugfish wrote:how much she weighs about 17ish lbs

I dont know the amount off hand. I would call a vet in the area.
thminis
thminis

Number of posts : 1139

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 10/26/2010, 3:09 pm

When LuLu got one of Tyson's pills I had to try and make her throw up. I gave her about a tablespoon of peroxide, and the e-vet told me that if she didn't throw up in 10 minutes to give her another tablespoon.

I would try calling a vet in the area or the e-vet and asking them what the dosage would be for sure.

Good luck, I hope you can get her to throw up.
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  Norton's Mom 10/26/2010, 3:22 pm

Hydrogen peroxide turns to water in their system so don't worry if you have to try a few times. Norton ate 3 pounds of milk chocolate hair pull and we took him to the vet. They gave him an IV that made him throw up very quickly. Total vet bill- 28.00. Call you vet and let them know what is going on. Please your case in regards to funds. Good luck!
Norton's Mom
Norton's Mom

Number of posts : 510

http://www.snaphappygirl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  pugfish 10/26/2010, 3:46 pm

Well i gave her the hydrogen peroxide about 1 1/2 tbs and she threw up within 5 mins. Now how will I know if it all came out? Should I get some pedialyte for her? I put her in the crate just so its easier for her to be calm and I can watch her better. Sorry but Im 8.5 months pregnant I cant really get up every time she goes in another room. I called 2 vets here they told me to bring her in and to be seen it would be 30 plus what ever she needs done. Shes not acting strange or anything, Im just freaking.
pugfish
pugfish

Back to top Go down

Post  MackandMattiesMom 10/26/2010, 4:08 pm

Here is an interactive chart that tells you how much chocolate (based on type) it takes to make a dog sick

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2007/10/pets/chocolate-chart-interactive
MackandMattiesMom
MackandMattiesMom

Number of posts : 2609

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 10/26/2010, 4:20 pm

I'm glad you gave Hydrogen Peroxide. You can do it again to make sure it is all out of the system.

I have a baby snot syringe and I use that to administer the HP. I fill up the ball and give one long squirt. Wait 5 minutes and, if nothing happens, give another big squirt.

What happens is that the HP expands in their stomach and causes them to throw up. I won't harm your dog in the amounts we're talking about here. (I don't even think large amounts will hurt - but I don't recommend it.)

You want to get 90% of the chocolate out of there as quickly as possible. Once it starts digesting is when the liver toxicity starts - and that is a MORE expensive vet bill.

If your pug starts shaking in any way (usually about 8-10 hours from ingestion) then he needs to go to the vet and be put on an IV to flush the system.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down