Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infection?

4 posters

Go down

Infection? Empty Infection?

Post  Renee 1/9/2011, 2:35 pm

I noticed yesterday that Ichiro seems to have an infection in his weewee. Not his actual penis, but the opening. It looks red and a little raw, and pus is coming out of it. He lets me clean it, does not act in pain, and I have been watching to make sure he pees. The peeing does not appear to be any more or any less. I know if he can't pee, or strains to pee, then to get him right in (thanks Becky!).

So, anyone seen or heard of this? Should I take him to pet ER? We have a vet appt tomorrow at 920am, so 24 hours away.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Infection? Empty Re: Infection?

Post  MandyPug 1/9/2011, 3:21 pm

What colour is the pus? If it's white or a pale yellow that's normal and called smegma. If it's green then it's likely an infection.
MandyPug
MandyPug

Number of posts : 830

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 1/9/2011, 4:46 pm

MandyPug wrote:What colour is the pus? If it's white or a pale yellow that's normal and called smegma. If it's green then it's likely an infection.

Thanks for replying Mandy. I suppose it's yellowish, maybe a tinge of green? I really think its an infection. Poor Ichiro!
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindsey 1/9/2011, 4:54 pm

Poor Ichiro....I hope he's better soon.
Lindsey
Lindsey

Number of posts : 2033

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 1/9/2011, 5:52 pm

Poor little guy! I don't think it's an emergency, but definitely something you want the vet to check.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down