Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weird breathing - ideas?

+3
ayleash
Miss Pit
PugLady3
7 posters

Go down

Weird breathing - ideas? Empty Weird breathing - ideas?

Post  PugLady3 2/6/2011, 5:31 pm

Zoe has been breathing funny all day & I'm stumped as to what could be the cause. Her breathing is shallow & faster than normal. Any ideas as to what could cause this? She did have a seizure while she was eating breakfast this morning, but her seizures don't normally cause an after-effect like this. I'm going to keep an eye on her & as long as she stays stable the rest of tonight, I'll call the vet in the morning if it's still going on.
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Weird breathing - ideas? Empty Re: Weird breathing - ideas?

Post  Miss Pit 2/6/2011, 7:11 pm

Could she possibly have some food particle caught in one of her nostrils or maybe stuck in her throat,since the seizure happened while eating?

Hope Zoe is feeling better soon. Weird breathing - ideas? 335895 It's hard when one of our "kids" has seizures and the aftermath of them. My cat has them.

Take care,
Trish

Miss Pit

Number of posts : 986

Back to top Go down

Post  ayleash 2/7/2011, 1:21 am

Miss Pit wrote:Could she possibly have some food particle caught in one of her nostrils or maybe stuck in her throat,since the seizure happened while eating?

that's my first thought too... I hope she has sneezed it in or out...

hug dog
ayleash
ayleash

Number of posts : 1496

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 2/7/2011, 4:34 am

Yep, I'm with something caught or aspirated. Hope she's okay!
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 2/7/2011, 10:52 am

It could be that she inhaled a piece of food or something. Everything else seems normal - pooping, peeing, eating, drinking, pink gums, etc. She did have another little episode this morning while she was eating her breakfast though. She tensed up & regurgitated a huge ball of food (none of which was actually chewed Rolling Eyes ). I wonder if she's not just eating too fast & choking.
PugLady3
PugLady3

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 2/7/2011, 1:32 pm

PugLady3 wrote:It could be that she inhaled a piece of food or something. Everything else seems normal - pooping, peeing, eating, drinking, pink gums, etc. She did have another little episode this morning while she was eating her breakfast though. She tensed up & regurgitated a huge ball of food (none of which was actually chewed Rolling Eyes ). I wonder if she's not just eating too fast & choking.

Sounds like a pug - inhaling food. I hope she is okay.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 2/7/2011, 10:44 pm

Well, my paranoia got the best of me and I took her to the vet tonight. He thinks that she probably inhaled some of her food when she had the seizure yesterday & irritated her trachea. The rapid, shallow breathing was most likely due to pain from that. She's much better tonight, thank goodness.
PugLady3
PugLady3

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 2/7/2011, 10:53 pm

Glad it's getting better! hug dog
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 2/8/2011, 10:35 am

PugLady3 wrote:Well, my paranoia got the best of me and I took her to the vet tonight. He thinks that she probably inhaled some of her food when she had the seizure yesterday & irritated her trachea. The rapid, shallow breathing was most likely due to pain from that. She's much better tonight, thank goodness.

Glad she's doing better!
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaJones 2/8/2011, 11:08 am

PugLady3 wrote:Well, my paranoia got the best of me and I took her to the vet tonight. He thinks that she probably inhaled some of her food when she had the seizure yesterday & irritated her trachea. The rapid, shallow breathing was most likely due to pain from that. She's much better tonight, thank goodness.
I'm glad you took her in. At least you have peace of mind knowing it's probably nothing serious.
MommaJones
MommaJones

Number of posts : 3761

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down