Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

URGENT!! in New Jersey, two 13 yr old pugs going to shelter

+5
Brenda
Aussie Witch
Mel
HuggaPug
Miss Pit
9 posters

Go down

URGENT!! in New Jersey, two 13 yr old pugs going to shelter Empty URGENT!! in New Jersey, two 13 yr old pugs going to shelter

Post  Miss Pit 2/20/2011, 3:17 pm

I just received an urgent email that two 13 year old pugs need a rescue today in NJ or they will be going to the shelter.
http://www.lizardmarsh.net/2011/02/edison-nj-2-13-yr-old-pugs-need-rescue.html

I don't even know who covers what out there. Please pass along to your contacts. I shared this on FB.

Thanks,
Trish

Miss Pit

Number of posts : 986

Back to top Go down

URGENT!! in New Jersey, two 13 yr old pugs going to shelter Empty Re: URGENT!! in New Jersey, two 13 yr old pugs going to shelter

Post  HuggaPug 2/20/2011, 3:44 pm

I emailed the info to Pug Planet in NJ....I hope they can help.....poor babies!
HuggaPug
HuggaPug

Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

URGENT!! in New Jersey, two 13 yr old pugs going to shelter Empty Re: URGENT!! in New Jersey, two 13 yr old pugs going to shelter

Post  Mel 2/20/2011, 4:23 pm

that is heartbreaking.
Mel
Mel

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Pit 2/20/2011, 4:31 pm

HuggaPug wrote:I emailed the info to Pug Planet in NJ....I hope they can help.....poor babies!

Thank you!

Miss Pit

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 2/20/2011, 5:43 pm

Can someone contact Curly Tail as well? Those poor babies!!
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  HuggaPug 2/20/2011, 6:37 pm

Curly Tail's 'surrender page' says they are at capacity and there is a waiting list.
I have also emailed East Coast Asian Dog Resce (in NJ).

I hope the owner's children 'dump' her when she is "too much trouble".....grrrrrrr (will not soap box ....will just keep sending emails to NJ rescues....)
HuggaPug
HuggaPug

Back to top Go down

Post  HuggaPug 2/20/2011, 8:10 pm

quick update....both Pug Plant and EC Asian Dog rescue are trying to reach the contact....no success yet....but they will keep trying....all paws crossed here.
HuggaPug
HuggaPug

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Pit 2/20/2011, 8:28 pm

I do have the telephone number of the "owner" ,but not of Patrice. Let me know if the rescue wants to go that route and deal directly with owner. I just don't want to tick them off and not give the pugs to pug rescue.

Thanks,
trish

Miss Pit

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/20/2011, 8:29 pm

A rescue in GA is taking them, Green Mountain is a backup in case they aren't able to.

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Pit 2/20/2011, 8:40 pm

Even with a NJ rescue (Pug Planet)right there to help? I just worry about them going on transport. Let me know if I still need to give the contact info for the owner to Hugga for Pug Planet.

Thanks,
Trish

Miss Pit

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/20/2011, 9:19 pm

Miss Pit wrote:Even with a NJ rescue (Pug Planet)right there to help? I just worry about them going on transport. Let me know if I still need to give the contact info for the owner to Hugga for Pug Planet.
Thanks,
Trish

As far as I know it is taken care of, you can contact Karen at Green Mountain Pug Rescue for more info.

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Pit 2/20/2011, 9:38 pm

Donna wrote:
Miss Pit wrote:Even with a NJ rescue (Pug Planet)right there to help? I just worry about them going on transport. Let me know if I still need to give the contact info for the owner to Hugga for Pug Planet.
Thanks,
Trish

As far as I know it is taken care of, you can contact Karen at Green Mountain Pug Rescue for more info.

That sounds good to me Very Happy Thank you,Donna! And thank you too,Hugga,sorry i don't recall your name URGENT!! in New Jersey, two 13 yr old pugs going to shelter 6260 Also many thanks to those behind the scenes!

Now to find a commitment for the blind cat at the shelter that I help out with. Everyone is full in the cat world Crying or Very sad

Trish

Miss Pit

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda 2/20/2011, 9:44 pm

I can tell you SEPRA (in GA) is NOT taking them. Karen from Green Mtn. Pug Rescue in VT did post on Facebook that they are taking them.

Actually Karen said they were taking them, but them said someone in GA was. I am with you Trish, why transport them so far?
Brenda
Brenda

Number of posts : 2221

Back to top Go down

Post  Puggered 2/20/2011, 10:40 pm

Brenda wrote:.... I am with you Trish, why transport them so far?

I don't know about your rescues over there, but here rescues can be "full" for seniors but still find room for puppies or others that are likely to be swiftly rehomeable. You need fosters experienced in senior pugs, and it is likely this pair will need to stay together and not impossible that one or both need hospice, not rehoming - all up it is going to be a hard call to find somewhere for them, even in the short term because short term is likely to become long term, and that's how all the good rescue fosters get clogged up.
So you have to choose between providing a hospice home for seniors for a few years, therefore saving those few from euthanasia, or saving and rehoming five or six times the number of younger ones in the same time period with the same, or fewer, resources.
It isn't fair, I know, but often the numbers are downright cruel.
We have one fuindraising group here that are brilliant, they raise money and put it "on" seniors in kill pounds, and rescue taking those seniors gets that money towards their care. Rescues always need funds so that is a helpful incentive.
Puggered
Puggered

Number of posts : 1517

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 2/20/2011, 11:02 pm

Miss Pit wrote:
Donna wrote:
Thanks,
Trish

That sounds good to me Very Happy Thank you,Donna! And thank you too,Hugga,sorry i don't recall your name URGENT!! in New Jersey, two 13 yr old pugs going to shelter 6260 Also many thanks to those behind the scenes!

Now to find a commitment for the blind cat at the shelter that I help out with. Everyone is full in the cat world Crying or Very sad

Trish
Trish--not sure if this helps as they aren't close, but there is a blind cat rescue called Blind Cat Rescue (imagine that) in NC and one called Rikki's Refuge in Virginia. I don't know anything about either of them except that Pugalug is entered in the Bissell Photo contest and the blind cats from Rikki's Refuge are kicking our asses!
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda 2/20/2011, 11:06 pm

spoke to Karen and now they are going to them in VT for sure.
Brenda
Brenda

Number of posts : 2221

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 2/20/2011, 11:22 pm

Excellent. Thanks Brenda, Trish and all the rescue folks near and far.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Pit 2/20/2011, 11:24 pm

Trish[/quote]Trish--not sure if this helps as they aren't close, but there is a blind cat rescue called Blind Cat Rescue (imagine that) in NC and one called Rikki's Refuge in Virginia. I don't know anything about either of them except that Pugalug is entered in the Bissell Photo contest and the blind cats from Rikki's Refuge are kicking our asses![/quote]

Blind Cat in NC is full,but they are helping me by featuring the kitty on their facebook site,so she is getting circulated. Thank you though for thinking of her:)

Miss Pit

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/21/2011, 7:02 am

Brenda wrote:spoke to Karen and now they are going to them in VT for sure.

Thanks, I am actually suprised she is taking them, I just did a transporst yesterday for two mothers and three puppies they are taking then next Sunday they are getting 11 more from a shelter out west.

Back to top Go down

URGENT!! in New Jersey, two 13 yr old pugs going to shelter Empty I helped Karen Transport them

Post  Denise M 3/23/2011, 9:32 pm

Their names are Brutus the bigger one with the dark face and Alli is the smaller one. They were sweet older gents and Karen sent me an update that they will stay together. (They were a bonded pair) and live in Green Mtns Foster system for the the rest of their years. If you follow me on facebook I posted some pictures of them.

I will always try to help transport in the NYC/NJ/NY/Ct metro area.

Just wanted to share some good news.
Denise M
Denise M

Number of posts : 109

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 3/23/2011, 10:12 pm

Thanks for the update Denise! hug dog
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/24/2011, 6:19 am

They are officially up for adoption but who knows if someone is willing to adopt a pair of seniors.
They had two more come in last week, the wife died and the hubby can't take care of them, don't know how old he is so I don't want to comment on him giving them up. He wants them to stay together but the person who had them temporarily says they don't work well together.
I am picking up the girl on Friday, I'll be sure to post pics.
Another two are coming in thei weekend, the owner is moving and another old one came in a few days ago.
Unbelievable how many people are giving up their animals.

Back to top Go down

Post  Erin 3/24/2011, 9:50 am

I am so glad rescue to there to help, this is so heartbreaking for all animals that are "given-up" especially the seniors that have been with families all their lives, people piss me off
Erin
Erin

Number of posts : 697

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down