Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teddy reached the end of his journey

+28
PugMomto3
Not Afraid
TNPUGMOMOF3
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Javalita
lindarpugma
leslyeb
LisaIzzyAggy
Lu Ci and Ri Ki
Katie & Stella
Amber
Amanda
Pugs4me
northernwitch
MommaJones
TxAllieGrl
Aussie Witch
Brenda
BDazzpugs
akc0104
DeeAnn
GingerSnap
dieselsmom
MackandMattiesMom
Maryjo
Deanna
Saira
papaspugs
32 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Teddy reached the end of his journey Empty Teddy reached the end of his journey

Post  papaspugs 6/23/2009, 7:56 pm

Amanda can move this to another topic if she sees fit, but really I thought that it was appropriate to post it in here.

Four years ago, a sick pug came into pug rescue. I got to witness his journey through the medical procedures and his recovery via a fellow foster home. We were only supposed to be baby sitting him for a little while, but I had loved him from the first time that I laid eyes on him. We adopted Theodore from SEPRA and he immediately became our Teddy Bear. He was quiet honestly the worst pug ever-pee'd on everything, woke up at 3:30am to eat breakfast, hated all other pugs (especially other males), was a bundle of medical problems, and I could go on. But he was also the best pug that I have ever known-just one look from his big brown eyes and I would melt into his every command. I never understood what a <3 dog was until I met him.

Sadly, over the past couple of months, he started having seizures. We had a rough go of it on Friday night and ended up at the emergency vet. He seemed to do a little better on Saturday and even on Sunday. Something changed on Monday though. When I got home from work and he did not have the motor skills to eat, I knew in my heart that it was time. I snuggled in the bed with him and cried. I had to continually give him Valium through out the night to fend off the tremors.

Today is was the end of his journey. We took him to the vet's office and did the hardest thing; to let him go. I am deeply saddened by this loss, but relieved that his body is no longer torturing itself.

Once again, my pug friends and fellow rescuers have rallied at my side to offer condolences, hugs, prayers, and well wishes. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Jana, Andre', with Lola & Baby Girl
papaspugs
papaspugs

Number of posts : 2297

Back to top Go down

Teddy reached the end of his journey Empty Re: Teddy reached the end of his journey

Post  Saira 6/23/2009, 8:00 pm

Jana, I didn't know his story, thank you for sharing it. I teared up reading it, I am glad he had such a wonderful home with you.

RIP, Teddy. I will light a candle tonight for him.
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Teddy reached the end of his journey Empty Re: Teddy reached the end of his journey

Post  Deanna 6/23/2009, 8:02 pm

Jana,

I will never forget the day you called me and asked me if it was ok to adopt Theodore. I giggled as I knew he had wiggled his way into your heart and decided you would be his mommy. I have watched him over the years grow into a true momma's boy in every sense of the word. I know a piece of you is missing now but I am positive he is pain free and watching over you from the bridge. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. If there is anything at all you need please don't hesitate to ask me.
Deanna
Deanna

Number of posts : 349

http://www.pugrescueofmo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 6/23/2009, 8:09 pm

(((Jana))) I will light a candle for Teddy tonight. He's now pain-free and playing (or possibly fighting) with our other sweet companions at the Bridge.
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  MackandMattiesMom 6/23/2009, 8:16 pm

I've had a candle burning for sweet Teddy since I read about him earlier. Lots of hugs and prayers to you and yours. My heart breaks for you.
MackandMattiesMom
MackandMattiesMom

Number of posts : 2609

Back to top Go down

Post  dieselsmom 6/23/2009, 8:20 pm

Jana, I'm so very sorry to read this post. I'm glad to know that Teddy is no longer suffering, but my heart breaks for his mom and dad. We will light a candle to help guide Teddy's journey to the Bridge.
dieselsmom
dieselsmom

Number of posts : 2235

http://www.cloudk9.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerSnap 6/23/2009, 8:23 pm

Hugs to you, Jana!
GingerSnap
GingerSnap

Number of posts : 3547

Back to top Go down

Post  DeeAnn 6/23/2009, 8:26 pm

Jana I am so so very sorry for your loss....
DeeAnn
DeeAnn

Number of posts : 991

Back to top Go down

Post  akc0104 6/23/2009, 8:38 pm

Oh Jana, I am so sorry. You and your family are in our thoughts and we're sending lots of love to you.
akc0104
akc0104

Number of posts : 1742

Back to top Go down

Post  BDazzpugs 6/23/2009, 8:59 pm

Hugs to you Jana. I will be thinking of you tonight.
BDazzpugs
BDazzpugs

Number of posts : 1286

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda 6/23/2009, 9:25 pm

Jana words cannot express how sorry I am. I know how mush you loved that boy and am glad he got to share 4 wonderful years with you. I just wish it could have been longer.

I am thinking of you now and always.
Brenda
Brenda

Number of posts : 2221

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 6/23/2009, 9:45 pm

Oh Jana, I am so, so sorry. Having held a beloved Pug as her little soul was released from a tired, frail body I know what you went through. Many loving condolences to your and your family. hug dog
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 6/23/2009, 9:46 pm

Jana, I am so very sorry. I will light a candle for Teddy, and I know he will be in your heart always. Many hugs for you.

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaJones 6/23/2009, 9:46 pm

Thank you for sharing Teddy's story. I'm so sorry for your loss. A candle has been burning here for Teddy since I read about his trip to the bridge earlier today.
MommaJones
MommaJones

Number of posts : 3761

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 6/23/2009, 10:12 pm

A candle is lit in Toronto for Teddy.

Hugs to you, honey. You did the hardest and the best thing for him.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugs4me 6/23/2009, 10:45 pm

Jana,

I'm so sorry to hear about Teddy. I'll light a candle for his journey and be keeping you in my thoughts.
Pugs4me
Pugs4me

Number of posts : 405

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda 6/23/2009, 10:46 pm

I'm so sorry Jana. I know how hard it is to let them go. Hugs to you!
Amanda
Amanda

Number of posts : 6990

http://www.pugauthority.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Amber 6/23/2009, 10:48 pm

Oh Jana. I am in tears from reading Teddy's story. You did the best thing for him, but I know it wasn't easy. Sending you lots and lots of hugs.
Amber
Amber

Number of posts : 2080

http://www.lotusblossomphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Katie & Stella 6/23/2009, 11:08 pm

Jana, I am just so so sorry you lost your little man. Give Lola and BG extra hugs tonight.
Katie & Stella
Katie & Stella

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Post  Lu Ci and Ri Ki 6/23/2009, 11:43 pm

I am so sorry it was Teddy's time.........to let them go is the hardest thing. A candle is lit for your precious boy.
Lu Ci and Ri Ki
Lu Ci and Ri Ki

Number of posts : 569

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaIzzyAggy 6/24/2009, 7:05 am

I'm so sorry Jana. We'll light a candle here in honor of such a special guy.
LisaIzzyAggy
LisaIzzyAggy

Number of posts : 3001

Back to top Go down

Post  leslyeb 6/24/2009, 8:58 am

Thanks so much for posting that bad boy's story! The naughty ones just steal your heart. We are sending lots of hugs to you as you miss sweet Teddy.
leslyeb
leslyeb

Number of posts : 707

Back to top Go down

Post  lindarpugma 6/24/2009, 9:19 am

I am so sorry about Teddy, I can't imagine the pain of letting him go. I know he was in heaven with you while he was here and now is waiting for you to join him someday.
lindarpugma
lindarpugma

Number of posts : 593

Back to top Go down

Post  Javalita 6/24/2009, 9:20 am

Your post had me in tears - what a great story of how Teddy came into your life and became a special pug to you. I'm sorry for your loss.
Javalita
Javalita

Number of posts : 964

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 6/24/2009, 9:20 am

I'm so very sorry for your loss.
Thank you for giving him a wonderful home in his last years.
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next