Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jasmine again

3 posters

Go down

Jasmine again Empty Jasmine again

Post  Miss Pugg 2/18/2012, 10:30 pm

The vet called yesterday with some results of Jasmine's biopsy last week and it is pretty much like he had originally thought. Lymphangiectasia, PLE and IBS OR it could be something else which could cause a stroke. We see him Wed. when he takes her stitches out. She is going to be on a different food now, rather than rabbit, it's going to be Purina 'something', low fat. Also may add aspirin, more Vit. B12 shots, start back on Prednisone for a while, & I can't remember all he said. Texas A and M gave him the diagnosis and it took forever to get it back. He had told me last month that the L is an awful disease and he's seldom had good luck with it but Jasmine has been going to him since April and while she's super skinny, she is in good spirits and smiles a lot. Yorkies tend to get L as well as Swedish Vallhunds & one other breed. Does anyone know anything about a Purina low fat food? I'm going to Google it to see what I can find out.
Miss Pugg
Miss Pugg

Number of posts : 659

Back to top Go down

Jasmine again Empty Re: Jasmine again

Post  Aussie Witch 2/19/2012, 2:36 am

I'm so sorry Joanne! I know nothing about this disease, but it sounds bloody awful. I hope you can get things under control.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs 2/19/2012, 10:11 am

Joanne- Continued thoughts for you and Jasmine. I had a pug that had severe IBD with secondary pancreatitis and colitis. When the biopsies came back, Jewel did have lymphoma cells on the samples. I don't have much experience with the successful treatment. She went into cardiac arrest less than 24 hours after the feeding tube was placed. You have brought Jasmine through quite a few rough patches. Thinking of you.
Rebecca and the Pugs
Rebecca and the Pugs

Number of posts : 2936

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Pugg 2/19/2012, 9:21 pm

The vet was very concerned she might have lymphoma or leukemia. I don't know if these results would rule that out now or not. It's frightening, esp. when he said one disease could cause a stroke. She looks 100% better than she did last March when I finally changed vets and she seems more alert and happy. When she first went in to see the vet in April, she was very lethargic and quiet, all the office girls were making over her as she appeared to be on her death bed. She is such a little love, sweet and loving to me and everyone.
Miss Pugg
Miss Pugg

Number of posts : 659

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down