Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jasmine

4 posters

Go down

Jasmine Empty Jasmine

Post  Miss Pugg 7/3/2011, 10:54 pm

I am just sick about this. I was in a hurry tonight when I fed the dogs and accidentally gave the food for Willow Pug to Jasmine Boston. Willow can have regular food and it was Solid Gold Beef and Barley plus some cheapy canned for medicine. I stupidly put it in Jasmine's crate and she devoured a good half of it before I realized what I had done. She's been doing well on her special 'rabbit' food and sweet potato and here I go messing up her life. I will be on special poop patrol tomorrow - I wish the vet was open so I could ask him. I know it won't kill her but it sure could put her back when she was so miserable. Wish me luck.
Miss Pugg
Miss Pugg

Number of posts : 659

Back to top Go down

Jasmine Empty Jasmine

Post  Miss Pugg 7/4/2011, 12:49 am

So far, so good. Let's make it thru the night w/o vomiting or diarrhea, Jasmine.
Miss Pugg
Miss Pugg

Back to top Go down

Jasmine Empty Re: Jasmine

Post  Aussie Witch 7/4/2011, 4:29 am

That's an easy mistake to make Joanne! Hope it doesn't have a bad effect on her.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Puggered 7/4/2011, 5:47 am

And, even though it was accidental, you can still use her reactions as data.
When their systems straighten out after getting the intake right, at some stage there comes a time when they can tolerate, in varying amounts, foods that earlier lit them up like July 4th. And really there is only only way to find that out...
Puggered
Puggered

Number of posts : 1517

Back to top Go down

Jasmine Empty Jasmine

Post  Miss Pugg 7/4/2011, 8:49 pm

Thanks to you who responded, makes me feel better. I was feeling so guilty last night I could hardly sleep. She's been on this special diet for about 2 months now and has really improved and gained weight. She used to eat this Solid Gold Mellenia Beef and Barley & she had constant problems. Her new vet even changed her heartworm medicine as Heartguard had beef in it and Revolution is OK for her. She used to take 11 pills a day, 7 different kinds, now takes 1/2 tab 5 mg. Prednisone only plus Tylan. It does make it easier to fix her food and when we will board her in a few weeks, make it easier for her dogsitter too. She took those 11 pills and looked like a skeleton, losing weight and having constant runny watery BM's. I don't know why I didn't switch vets sooner but I didn't. I'd gone to this vet for years, a friend and President of my kennel club. Oh well, live and learn. Thanks folks!
Miss Pugg
Miss Pugg

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 7/4/2011, 8:55 pm

I'm glad she's doing ok Joann!! and great that she's been able to decrease all the meds, gain weight and thrive.

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down