Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jasmine again

3 posters

Go down

Jasmine again Empty Jasmine again

Post  Miss Pugg 4/27/2011, 10:49 pm

She lost half a pound the last week, darn it. She is eating well on her Royal Canin rabbit food, canned & kibble. She had no breakfast due to tests this a.m. so maybe that was it. She will have 3 tests from her feces and blood, results in a week or 10 days. Wasn't able to see the vet but gave vet tech my info about Cushings. I really think she might have that too. Out of 19 or 20 symptoms, she has 14 of them. On his records, the vet said the PLE is caused by IBS (which the former vet was treating for 18 months), lymphoma or lymphanciectasia. Her stools are a lot more firm now & she only poops about half as many times as she did before. Prednisone is cut down a bit the last week. In further news, old Buffy tells me she loves meatloaf (I want more), broccoli, and Arby's roast beef sandwiches. Again, at her age, she hates the KD kibble and canned and I really want her to enjoy her last days. She and I so enjoy eating. Oh yes, she helps me with bacon (bad, I know) and cinnamon rolls. Jasmine's vet bills for the last week are now over $800!!!!!! But she's still with me and that's the important thing. Gals at vet clinic seem to adore her too, always come out and make over her.
Miss Pugg
Miss Pugg

Number of posts : 659

Back to top Go down

Jasmine again Empty Re: Jasmine again

Post  Aussie Witch 4/28/2011, 12:30 am

I'm glad the girls are eating and enjoying it - even if Buffy's diet isn't perfect! I think that's the way to let her live out her twilight - whatever she wants. I hope you get some answers for Jasmine. Lots of good thoughts for you and your girls. hug dog
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Jasmine again Empty Buffy

Post  Miss Pugg 4/28/2011, 9:59 pm

I feel badly I'm not feeding her the kidney KD food but she absolutely refuses to eat it. She's really on just crap food now, even weiners which she adores. I wish she would like the KD for her own good and I tell her it's for her own good but she sniffs and sticks up her little pushed in nose and ignores the food. She's telling me now she doesn't like rice and chicken at all and kind of hates mac/cheese, just stop giving them to me, Mom.....I'm so glad she's still with me tho and eating at all.
Miss Pugg
Miss Pugg

Number of posts : 659

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 4/28/2011, 10:16 pm

Joanne:
lymphanciectasia is the most common form of PLE. I hope you get some answers for both of your sakes. I know this must be hard on you as well as her.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down