Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beatrice update (was dog aggression)

5 posters

Go down

Beatrice update (was dog aggression) Empty Beatrice update (was dog aggression)

Post  lbgrrl 5/6/2012, 3:59 pm

Well, so much has happened since I last posted. Beatrice, if you recall, was absolutely horrible around other dogs. She would bark and scream and lunge and whirl around on her leash until her tongue turned blue. Everyone crossed the street when they saw her coming and the whole neighborhood would go in an uproar when she started her nonsense. I was afraid she would bite--she would charge the other dog, so it seemed she would.

Two weeks ago, we turned a huge corner--she hung out with my friends' dogs--a Great Pyrenees, a German Shepherd and a Chihuahua. The next day, we went to the Pug Meetup at the dog beach and she was *off leash* and had THE best time! She loves playing with the other dogs and behaved so well! And now we walk around the neighborhood with little barking. We learned it was not aggression at all. It was a distance thing and Bea was "making them go away" by barking! She was drunk on power LOL Now she has learned she is not in control of that. Once she actually gets up to the other dog, everything is fine. No aggression, no craziness. Occasionally, she will whine a bit but hey, that is so much better!

Today she had her last training session. We worked in the park with dogs all around us and she behaved really well. She met another pug, who actually was not so well behaved :) I am so proud of her! We will continue to work in the house on commands, but the worst is over! I live in such a dog-friendly city, and you can take your dogs many places--now I can :)
lbgrrl
lbgrrl

Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Beatrice update (was dog aggression) Empty Re: Beatrice update (was dog aggression)

Post  northernwitch 5/6/2012, 4:27 pm

GOOD FOR YOU!! So many people simply won't put the time and effort in to work with a dog that may have some issues. Brava that you put in the work. She's better for it and you are a better dog owner for it.

Very proud of her and YOU.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Beatrice update (was dog aggression) Empty Re: Beatrice update (was dog aggression)

Post  sallyandtilly 5/6/2012, 6:48 pm

That's very good news! pug2
sallyandtilly
sallyandtilly

Number of posts : 3150

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 5/7/2012, 4:49 pm

northernwitch wrote:GOOD FOR YOU!! So many people simply won't put the time and effort in to work with a dog that may have some issues. Brava that you put in the work. She's better for it and you are a better dog owner for it.

Very proud of her and YOU.
Amen! I so wish that every dog owner was like you, especially some of the ones in my apt. complex!
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 5/8/2012, 6:44 pm

Well done! Just shows what can be done when a dedicated owner puts in the time and effort to make a change.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down