Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Milwaukee Pugfest - Info and questions

4 posters

Go down

Milwaukee Pugfest - Info and questions Empty Milwaukee Pugfest - Info and questions

Post  dieselsmom 1/18/2010, 9:05 pm

Milwaukee Pugfest will be held on Sunday, May 16, 2010 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. All legitimate pug rescue organizations are invited to attend and have a booth at the festival. You can sell merchandise at your booth, hold raffles, take donations - all to help your rescue raise funds. In addition, all rescues who have a booth at the event will receive a portion of the proceeds from the event itself - after expenses are paid. Several pug rescue groups have already committed to attending, including Pug Rescue Network, Kentuckiana, DFW Pug Rescue, Homeward Bound, NIPRA and Green Mountain.

If there are rescues who will be attending and will be flying to the event rather than driving, but still want to have merchandise to display or sell at their booth, I'd be happy to have them ship their stuff to my house and I will gladly transport it to the event in Milwaukee for them. I'd hate for a rescue to not be able to sell merchandise at their booth because they can't transport it due to luggage restrictions on the airplane.

This year we are excited to be having events and activities at the hotel on Saturday, May 15 for all out of town rescues who will be attending Pugfest. We're looking forward to having fun together and getting to know other rescue volunteers a little better before all the chaos of the event itself on Sunday.

One of the activities on Saturday will be an auction/raffle, the proceeds of which will benefit the rescues that are there and participating in Saturday's events. Just another way to have some fun and raise extra money for the rescues.

Another idea we had, but need some help in figuring out how to make it work, is a rescue t-shirt swap. We were talking about how much we enjoy getting t-shirts from the other rescues when we attend their events. And we wondered if it's possible to incorporate a t-shirt swap into Saturday's events. But we're not quite sure how to go about it. Any ideas or thoughts on how this might work would be so greatly appreciated!!

We are hoping Pugfest 2010 will be a wonderfully successful event that will benefit pug rescues across the country. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please feel free to PM me or email me at puggersx2@yahoo.com.
dieselsmom
dieselsmom

Number of posts : 2235

http://www.cloudk9.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Milwaukee Pugfest - Info and questions Empty Re: Milwaukee Pugfest - Info and questions

Post  Lilos Mom 1/18/2010, 11:11 pm

Rachel, I can't tell you how excited we are to come this year. I'd be more than happy to bring some of our PRN T-Shirts to swap I think that would be cool. Also I know their asking rescues attending to send something to add to a raffle. Do you know if it matters if the rescues logo is on it? I was thinking about sending a few things like our Pugjava Coffee, etc but did'nt know if they wanted items without logo, just curious if you knew??
Lilos Mom
Lilos Mom

Number of posts : 714

Back to top Go down

Milwaukee Pugfest - Info and questions Empty Re: Milwaukee Pugfest - Info and questions

Post  dieselsmom 1/18/2010, 11:20 pm

Lilos Mom wrote:Rachel, I can't tell you how excited we are to come this year. I'd be more than happy to bring some of our PRN T-Shirts to swap I think that would be cool. Also I know their asking rescues attending to send something to add to a raffle. Do you know if it matters if the rescues logo is on it? I was thinking about sending a few things like our Pugjava Coffee, etc but did'nt know if they wanted items without logo, just curious if you knew??

If you want to donate items with PRN's logo, that's fine. The items that they ask rescues to donate are for the silent auction at Pugfest on Sunday. Since the rescues aren't charged for a booth, they only ask in return that they donate an item to the silent auction. If they are successful in getting enough donations, they will waive the requirement that the rescues make a donation to the auction.

I'll keep you posted on the t-shirt swap. We're still trying to figure out how to go about it.
dieselsmom
dieselsmom

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 1/19/2010, 10:55 am

I don't have any tips on the t-shirt swap (I'll have to think about it), but I love the idea! I love getting shirts from other rescues. Milwaukee Pugfest - Info and questions Icon_biggrin
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsavers 1/19/2010, 12:27 pm

Nancy has offered to drive back for PugSavers, but we are still figuring out how much it would cost. (flying Ms. Penny would be as much as Nancy so that is why we are looking at driving). I sure hope it is something we can afford to do...I think it would be great to participate!
Pugsavers
Pugsavers

Number of posts : 1541

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 1/19/2010, 6:36 pm

oh how fun! Very Happy
i wish i lived closer so I could attend!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 1/19/2010, 8:09 pm

I almost volunteered to go with Green Mountain ( their driving) but I'm going to be in NY for business, sounds like a lot of fun.

Back to top Go down

Post  dieselsmom 1/19/2010, 9:05 pm

Donna wrote:I almost volunteered to go with Green Mountain ( their driving) but I'm going to be in NY for business, sounds like a lot of fun.

Oh, Donna, I was wondering if you might be coming with GMPR. I'm sorry you can't make it - if your plans happen to change, we'd love for you to come!!
dieselsmom
dieselsmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 1/20/2010, 8:33 am

dieselsmom wrote:
Donna wrote:I almost volunteered to go with Green Mountain ( their driving) but I'm going to be in NY for business, sounds like a lot of fun.

Oh, Donna, I was wondering if you might be coming with GMPR. I'm sorry you can't make it - if your plans happen to change, we'd love for you to come!!

I would really like to have gone but I have already booked my hotel and I've missed this trade show last year, plus I do love NY esp when I'm not footing the bill!
I hope you make tons of money for all the rescues.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down