Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet Blossom!

+21
Carol
PugLady3
Eph91
akc0104
Maryjo
MommaJones
Pugsaunt
smoochieface
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
papaspugs
Snifter&Toddy
H the P
Milosmom
Lindsey
sallyandtilly
Mel
Aussie Witch
TxAllieGrl
northernwitch
Renee
Saira
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Meet Blossom! Empty Meet Blossom!

Post  Saira 7/19/2010, 10:18 pm

I am in love with her! She's just a doll, she is very small (Sophie's size) and very sweet, at least during the time I spent with her! Our vet thinks she is closer to 7-8-she's in pretty rough shape. She obviously had litters, has icky eyes (both-dry eye), one nostril looks like it's completely closed so our vet will be taking a closer look tomorrow but it looks like she will need the stenotic nare surgery-she was having a tough time breathing. She also has horrible teeth, and a few lumps we are going to have removed. She has a huge scar that circles her entire side of her head. Crying or Very sad She also has scrapes around her legs (I am thinking possibly from being kept in a crate or outside), and her fur is rough-she has some yeast and bald spots so she will be at our vet's for at least a couple of days until we get all her issues diagnosed and under control. She is just the sweetest thing though, she sat in my lap while we waited, and wagged her tail at the vet. Her nails were really long and the shelter had to cut them back when they spayed her-I wish they would have let us spay her at OUR vet but that's a whole other story!

Meet Blossom! Blossom2

Meet Blossom! Blossom4

Meet Blossom! Blossom

Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Meet Blossom! Empty Re: Meet Blossom!

Post  Renee 7/19/2010, 10:21 pm

Oh Blossom. Prayers were answered the second you were saved by Saira and the rescue angels on SNPR. You are a beautiful girl.

So, they already spayed her? She'll have to go under twice in the span of a week? That is going to be rough! I'm surprised they spent the money for a spay.....

Is she headed to foster after the stay at the vets?
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 7/19/2010, 10:24 pm

Renee wrote:Oh Blossom. Prayers were answered the second you were saved by Saira and the rescue angels on SNPR. You are a beautiful girl.

So, they already spayed her? She'll have to go under twice in the span of a week? That is going to be rough! I'm surprised they spent the money for a spay.....

Is she headed to foster after the stay at the vets?

Yeah it's an argument we always have with them-if they aren't going to adopt her out, then we should do everything at once at our vet who knows pugs. But they won't release them to us until they are fixed-except sometimes they do. Rolling Eyes She is going to rest today and then our vet will figure out what to do, she might just go to a foster for a few days before the other stuff, we'll just have to wait and see what he says tomorrow.
Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 7/19/2010, 10:24 pm

Poor little muffin. She's darling, however. Good luck with her. I hope it all gets better fast, fast, fast.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 7/19/2010, 10:45 pm

I'm so glad she's in SNPR's care. Poor little gal!

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 7/19/2010, 11:08 pm

What a precious face. Yep, answered prayers. Meet Blossom! 335895
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel 7/19/2010, 11:31 pm

that is weird that they spayed her. I'm so glad you got her! Meet Blossom! 27965
Mel
Mel

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post  sallyandtilly 7/19/2010, 11:37 pm

Good uck to Blossom. pug2
sallyandtilly
sallyandtilly

Number of posts : 3150

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindsey 7/19/2010, 11:48 pm

What a sweet girl. Thank goodness she is in SNPR care.
Lindsey
Lindsey

Number of posts : 2033

Back to top Go down

Post  Milosmom 7/20/2010, 12:00 am

Poor little lady, she's had it rough but she sure is pretty. Meet Blossom! 335895
Milosmom
Milosmom

Number of posts : 1178

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 7/20/2010, 12:54 am

Oh I have to add, it makes me SO MAD when I go to the shelter. I have to walk through the area where all the idiots are sitting waiting to dump their pets. It's horrible watching those poor dogs and cats sit there waiting to be checked in, and knowing the odds are they are going to be killed. soap box
Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 7/20/2010, 4:27 am

What a darling girl, she has the sweetest little face. So glad she's safe with you now. Meet Blossom! 335895
And I totally agree with what Saira says about going to a shelter. It's definitely not fun and I have always come away feeling deeply sad. Meet Blossom! 9386

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Post  Snifter&Toddy 7/20/2010, 7:18 am

She is ever so cute. Sending all good wishes to her.
Snifter&Toddy
Snifter&Toddy

Number of posts : 2071

Back to top Go down

Post  papaspugs 7/20/2010, 8:20 am

Poor Blossom! I just can't imagine what kind of horrible thing happened to her to get that scar around her head. I know that it sucks that they spayed her, but I guess it is better than you not getting her at all. Just look at it as baby steps and hopefully you can work to educate them moving forward and everyone can agree on a policy.

One of the local shelters has let rescues have pugs that were spayed, but they had a form on file with the rescue's policies. There is a shelter in Cleveland that does not spay, but you have to sign a contract that you will. And then there is another shelter that it has just depended on who calls me as to if they will or won't let the pug come into rescue if they aren't spayed.

I think that SNPR is making great strides with the shelter so don't let it get you down. The pugs depend on you!

Group Hug! Hug
papaspugs
papaspugs

Number of posts : 2297

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 7/20/2010, 9:37 am

What a little sweetie. She looks like she's been through so much, I'm so glad she's in SNPR's care now-she will get the life she deserves.
Thank you for going to pick her up, I can't imagine what a heart-wrenching experience that is.
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 7/20/2010, 1:15 pm

Hi Blossom! You are very pretty and the people are SNPR are going to bust their butts to find you the perfect home. No more worries, little girl.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 7/20/2010, 1:22 pm

Saira wrote:Oh I have to add, it makes me SO MAD when I go to the shelter. I have to walk through the area where all the idiots are sitting waiting to dump their pets. It's horrible watching those poor dogs and cats sit there waiting to be checked in, and knowing the odds are they are going to be killed. soap box

Damn, that is rough. Rescue work is so heartbreaking sometimes...because you see the things that most people choose not to see. I wish I could save them all....sometimes I feel so overwhelmed by wanting to help, and only being able to help one or two, when hundreds are in need.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 7/20/2010, 1:24 pm

She is a sweetie. Blossom, you are going to have such a good life from here on out. Bless everyone in SNPR. This makes me so thankful that I work in a no-kill shelter.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaJones 7/20/2010, 1:26 pm

It sounds like she's had it pretty rough. Her luck will turn around now that she's in the hands of SNPR.
MommaJones
MommaJones

Number of posts : 3761

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 7/20/2010, 2:26 pm

I'm in love.... When are you bringing her to Alaska, Saira??

I hope she forgets her past and will know nothing but love from now on...

Meet Blossom! 335895
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  akc0104 7/20/2010, 3:00 pm

Sweet Blossom. Keep us updated on how she's doing!
akc0104
akc0104

Number of posts : 1742

Back to top Go down

Post  Eph91 7/21/2010, 9:26 am

What a sweet girl. I'm so glad she's with you all, Saira.
Eph91
Eph91

Number of posts : 2839

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 7/21/2010, 10:01 pm

Update: Our said the right side of her face has nerve damage, from whatever caused that awful scar. Her right eye doesn't blink all the way, which is why she has the dry eye, and will need drops. Her face is crooked if you look at it closely. Otherwise, thankfully, the damage doesn't affect her eating or anything. He also said she probably is younger than estimated, maybe 5-6 years old, based on her teeth, and she is a total sweetheart. Everyone loves her at the vet's office!
Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 7/21/2010, 10:05 pm

Well, good news for the most part.

Saira, I've seen one scar like that on a breeding bitch who got her face part way through a wire cage and got stuck for God knows how long. She also had nerve damage and a broken jaw that had healed incorrectly.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 7/21/2010, 10:08 pm

northernwitch wrote:Well, good news for the most part.

Saira, I've seen one scar like that on a breeding bitch who got her face part way through a wire cage and got stuck for God knows how long. She also had nerve damage and a broken jaw that had healed incorrectly.

Hmm....that seems like it could be possible, she most definitely has been used for breeding.

Yeah her jaw is a little funky too, her tongue sticks permanently out. What always kills me, these pugs that are in the saddest shape are always the ones the vet tells us are the sweetest. He said she just loves everyone, tail is constantly wagging, and she is a "great little dog."
Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next