Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A question on humping

+5
northernwitch
pugasaurus
Maryjo
Renee
DeeAnn
9 posters

Go down

A question on humping Empty A question on humping

Post  DeeAnn 9/10/2010, 8:01 am

Ok girls Diesel is 8 weeks old.He is Humping everything.Isnt he a little young to be doing that? He does have little pea size balls (testies)....Oh wow it has been a long time since I had a male pup.I dont ever remember my other boys doing that at all.Yesterday My son Brandon goes mom mom hury Diesel is dirty dancing on my arm...LMAO rofl I know its natural but at 8 weeks.
DeeAnn
DeeAnn

Number of posts : 991

Back to top Go down

A question on humping Empty Re: A question on humping

Post  Renee 9/10/2010, 12:45 pm

Yikes, that is young for a humper!!

No advice, as the only male puppy I have ever had was never a humper.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  DeeAnn 9/10/2010, 12:53 pm

Renee wrote:Yikes, that is young for a humper!!

No advice, as the only male puppy I have ever had was never a humper.

I know I have never had a humper either.My sister has a weenie puppy he is 5 months old and doesnt even hump..I was shocked it is like hump fest around here.and the little chit this morning was going to pee on the floor I picked him up and said no no we pee outside and when I picked him up he growled and snaped at me....I told him to be a nice boy.I think he is a little to smart for his britches already... rofl
DeeAnn
DeeAnn

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 9/10/2010, 5:00 pm

Humping is a play activity. He could have learned it from another male at the place he came from. Humping makes him feel good, so he does. I wouldn't worry about it, just don't encourage it by holding the toy for him to hump. And maybe distract him with other play activities, like 'fetch'.

Many a boy dog's motto should be 'If it feels good, hump.'
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  DeeAnn 9/10/2010, 5:05 pm

Maryjo wrote:Humping is a play activity. He could have learned it from another male at the place he came from. Humping makes him feel good, so he does. I wouldn't worry about it, just don't encourage it by holding the toy for him to hump. And maybe distract him with other play activities, like 'fetch'.

Oh I dont encourage it.I try to get his attention and move him away.I called the vet she said its nothing sexual at his age that it is trying to find his domanace in the pack order.
DeeAnn
DeeAnn

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 9/10/2010, 5:40 pm

DeeAnn wrote:
Maryjo wrote:Humping is a play activity. He could have learned it from another male at the place he came from. Humping makes him feel good, so he does. I wouldn't worry about it, just don't encourage it by holding the toy for him to hump. And maybe distract him with other play activities, like 'fetch'.

Oh I don't encourage it.I try to get his attention and move him away.I called the vet she said its nothing sexual at his age that it is trying to find his domanace in the pack order.

"Dominance" is often used as an explanation. I still go with play activity from various stuff I've read.
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  DeeAnn 9/10/2010, 6:04 pm

Thank you MJ sounds better also.Yes now when he does it I pick him up and give him a toy.he forgets all about it then.
DeeAnn
DeeAnn

Back to top Go down

Post  pugasaurus 9/10/2010, 6:07 pm

It is a very normal puppy play behavior and nothing sexual. I'd guess that about 1% of dog humping is sexual, the rest is play, dominance, feels good and so forth. I wouldn't worry about it.
pugasaurus
pugasaurus

Number of posts : 1117

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 9/11/2010, 12:22 pm

pugasaurus wrote:It is a very normal puppy play behavior and nothing sexual. I'd guess that about 1% of dog humping is sexual, the rest is play, dominance, feels good and so forth. I wouldn't worry about it.
Ditto. I hear dominance used to explain humping all the time and I find it's very rarely dominance. I think most of the humping I see is play/excitement/I-Don't-Know-What-To-Do-With-Myself behaviour. Tank only ever tries to hump in my car on the way home from the park--and he doesn't even mount anyone--just stands next to Hazel and does the Elvis hip pump. And he'll do it even if he's the only dog in the car. I have always chalked it up to "Boy, I had a great time on my walk".
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  pugpillow 9/11/2010, 1:42 pm

Yep, just like human males - more likely to do it when they're happy ... or bored.
pugpillow
pugpillow

Number of posts : 944

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel 9/12/2010, 12:08 am

Zoe actually humps one of her male doggie friends! ashamed
Mel
Mel

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post  DeeAnn 9/12/2010, 7:12 am

pugpillow wrote:Yep, just like human males - more likely to do it when they're happy ... or bored.

LMAO yep thats a male for you human or not.....My son said well thats my brother.I just pick him up and move him to his toys.
DeeAnn
DeeAnn

Back to top Go down

Post  Two Crazy Pugs 9/12/2010, 9:50 am

DeeAnn wrote:Yesterday My son Brandon goes mom mom hury Diesel is dirty dancing on my arm...LMAO rofl I know its natural but at 8 weeks.

This made me laugh!!!! What a funny way to put it! I have no advice. My boy does it when he is playing with my girl. That is about the only time we see it (and he is getting to be an old fart...)
Two Crazy Pugs
Two Crazy Pugs

Number of posts : 1295

Back to top Go down

Post  Javalita 12/13/2010, 4:56 pm

Hey! I've dealt with a humper! She humped other dogs and my arm constantly. Cured her of humping me by following the advise of a trainer. When she would hump my arm, I would "pry" her off (she grabs with her arms too!) and immediately leave the room. No talk, nothing. Just leave. It worked!
Javalita
Javalita

Number of posts : 964

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down