Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baily-Update -NEW update

+18
TxAllieGrl
Amber
Amanda
PugLady3
Not Afraid
Pugsavers
Aussie Witch
H the P
Two Crazy Pugs
pugsandkids
Puggered
Mel
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
northernwitch
sallyandtilly
Lindsey
Renee
Saira
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Baily-Update -NEW update - Page 2 Empty Re: Baily-Update -NEW update

Post  Amber 12/20/2010, 11:58 pm

He is so cute!! I hope he is feeling better soon. I kept trying to convince John we needed to take adopt him as a Vegas souvenir. He didn't go for it. Darn!! Laughing
Amber
Amber

Number of posts : 2080

http://www.lotusblossomphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Baily-Update -NEW update - Page 2 Empty People are stupid.

Post  Saira 12/21/2010, 1:33 pm

We're getting in another from the shelter today-2 years old, possible corneal ulcers on BOTH eyes. We got in one a couple of days ago that was being kept on a crate on the porch for the last 2 years because kids came, and was being fed crap. She's fat and has rotten teeth and is only 3 years old. We are also getting in an 8 year old, whose owner thinks Christmas is a GREAT time to surrender him because he'll "have the best chance for a good home." umm. no.

Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 12/21/2010, 1:35 pm

ugggghhhh Saira!!!!!

the Christmas dump has begun. thanks to you guys at SNPR for giving them a chance at a forever home!

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 12/21/2010, 1:44 pm

Damn, Saira. The Christmas Canine Cast-off continues.

Hope Baily is better soon. hug dog
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 12/21/2010, 1:45 pm

Saira wrote:We're getting in another from the shelter today-2 years old, possible corneal ulcers on BOTH eyes. We got in one a couple of days ago that was being kept on a crate on the porch for the last 2 years because kids came, and was being fed crap. She's fat and has rotten teeth and is only 3 years old. We are also getting in an 8 year old, whose owner thinks Christmas is a GREAT time to surrender him because he'll "have the best chance for a good home." umm. no.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: I hate people. I really do. Fools.

Saira - are you guys at capacity? It seems you are getting hit really hard right now. When will you (if you have to), start saying no?

I just don't get why Christmas becomes such a dump time? Our shelter up here, which is generally a no kill shelter, had to put dogs down recently. They had 30 (yes, 30!), owner surrenders in one day. Just dumping dogs left and right. Let me tell you, most of those dogs are pits, or some mix of pits. Meanwhile, go on craigslist, and every other ad is for people "rehoming" their pitbull puppies. Grr!!!!!!
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 12/21/2010, 1:49 pm

Renee wrote:
Saira wrote:We're getting in another from the shelter today-2 years old, possible corneal ulcers on BOTH eyes. We got in one a couple of days ago that was being kept on a crate on the porch for the last 2 years because kids came, and was being fed crap. She's fat and has rotten teeth and is only 3 years old. We are also getting in an 8 year old, whose owner thinks Christmas is a GREAT time to surrender him because he'll "have the best chance for a good home." umm. no.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: I hate people. I really do. Fools.

Saira - are you guys at capacity? It seems you are getting hit really hard right now. When will you (if you have to), start saying no?

I just don't get why Christmas becomes such a dump time? Our shelter up here, which is generally a no kill shelter, had to put dogs down recently. They had 30 (yes, 30!), owner surrenders in one day. Just dumping dogs left and right. Let me tell you, most of those dogs are pits, or some mix of pits. Meanwhile, go on craigslist, and every other ad is for people "rehoming" their pitbull puppies. Grr!!!!!!

We are pretty close to having to shut down incomings, unless they are emergency only, especially since a lot of of our fosters are away for the holidays. Unless we can get some foster homes. We were sort of lucky as before this dump started, we had adopted out most of the ones we had in. Unfortunately we lose a LOT of foster homes when they adopt their foster, so it's a never ending cycle to find more.

We get a lot of dumps before the holidays. This sounds horrible but I really think a lot of these people just don't want to go through the trouble of finding a pet sitter/place for them to stay while they go out of town. So, dogs get dumped. That's my theory anyways, we also seem to get a lot before school lets out for summer.
Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 12/21/2010, 7:38 pm

Hee. The vet just called again. He's feeling MUCH better today, no more nasal discharge, and no more vomiting. X rays and everything looked fine. She's leaning towards him possibly spraining it or something while he was out on the streets, but with all the crate rest, probably got better. Aaaand, in true young black pug form, she said he's happy and "bouncing off the walls." Laughing I'm going to go visit him tomorrow. Then he has a foster to adopt home on Friday.
Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel 12/21/2010, 8:25 pm

Saira wrote:Hee. The vet just called again. He's feeling MUCH better today, no more nasal discharge, and no more vomiting. X rays and everything looked fine. She's leaning towards him possibly spraining it or something while he was out on the streets, but with all the crate rest, probably got better. Aaaand, in true young black pug form, she said he's happy and "bouncing off the walls." Laughing I'm going to go visit him tomorrow. Then he has a foster to adopt home on Friday.

that is GREAT news! so he's got a home already? can't say I'm not surprised. cheers
Mel
Mel

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 12/21/2010, 8:35 pm

Saira wrote:

We get a lot of dumps before the holidays. This sounds horrible but I really think a lot of these people just don't want to go through the trouble of finding a pet sitter/place for them to stay while they go out of town. So, dogs get dumped. That's my theory anyways, we also seem to get a lot before school lets out for summer.
ABSOLUTELY! We get big dumps before any major holiday or back to school, etc. No question in my mind that people can't be bothered to find pet sitters or are too cheap to do so. We get people calling us to surrender their dogs before they go on vacation and then saying that they'll adopt it back when they return. Uh. No, you won't. Your dog comes to us for a reason like this and you get put on our DNA list.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 12/21/2010, 8:36 pm

Saira wrote:Hee. The vet just called again. He's feeling MUCH better today, no more nasal discharge, and no more vomiting. X rays and everything looked fine. She's leaning towards him possibly spraining it or something while he was out on the streets, but with all the crate rest, probably got better. Aaaand, in true young black pug form, she said he's happy and "bouncing off the walls." Laughing I'm going to go visit him tomorrow. Then he has a foster to adopt home on Friday.

YAY for Baily!! I love him and I am so glad he's getting a new home so quick!!!
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  papaspugs 12/21/2010, 8:42 pm

Mel wrote:

that is GREAT news! so he's got a home already? can't say I'm not surprised. cheers

Yea!!!
papaspugs
papaspugs

Number of posts : 2297

Back to top Go down

Post  SacramentoPugs 12/21/2010, 8:52 pm

What a little doll! I'd have a hard time resisting that boy myself. I'm glad he's in such good hands, and it sounds like he's going to have a very Merry Christmas, probably for the first time in his life.
SacramentoPugs
SacramentoPugs

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post  pugsandkids 12/21/2010, 9:47 pm

I'm not surprised he's got a home already, such a handsome boy.
I want to see happy Bailey pictures!
pugsandkids
pugsandkids

Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Puggered 12/22/2010, 12:05 am

Yay! That is the best possible news for Baily! cheers cheers cheers

Aaargh!! about the holiday dump starting heavy, though. censored Swear rant
Puggered
Puggered

Number of posts : 1517

Back to top Go down

Post  ChaLou 12/22/2010, 5:49 am

Woo hoo great news !!
ChaLou
ChaLou

Number of posts : 146

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 12/22/2010, 6:29 am

northernwitch wrote:
Saira wrote:

ABSOLUTELY! We get big dumps before any major holiday or back to school, etc. No question in my mind that people can't be bothered to find pet sitters or are too cheap to do so. We get people calling us to surrender their dogs before they go on vacation and then saying that they'll adopt it back when they return. Uh. No, you won't. Your dog comes to us for a reason like this and you get put on our DNA list.
Totally agree. It's the same here.
So glad Baily's doing better. hug dog

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 12/22/2010, 11:28 am

So glad Baily's story has a happy ending!!
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  Eph91 12/22/2010, 8:42 pm

I'm glad to read he's doing better. Thank you for all the good you all do.
Eph91
Eph91

Number of posts : 2839

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2