Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many times a day do you feed your pug?

+25
GingerSnap
Snifter&Toddy
Pugsaunt
akc0104
Miss Pugg
lola's mom
BDazzpugs
Lilos Mom
Amber
northernwitch
Saira
Sara
Amanda
Aussie Witch
MommaJones
Pugs4me
Maryjo
dieselsmom
Puglove2
Not Afraid
sallyandtilly
MackandMattiesMom
pugsandkids
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Newsie96
29 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How many times a day do you feed your pug? - Page 2 Empty Re: How many times a day do you feed your pug?

Post  akc0104 6/20/2009, 11:13 am

I can't imagine what it would be like if I only fed Matilda once a day. She eats morning and night and is bouncing off the walls and floors and me at 5am already. hug dog
akc0104
akc0104

Number of posts : 1742

Back to top Go down

How many times a day do you feed your pug? - Page 2 Empty Re: How many times a day do you feed your pug?

Post  Pugsaunt 6/23/2009, 10:42 pm

Ms. Thang would do real damage if I tried to feed her just once a day. As it is, from her behavior, you'd think I never fed her. Sheesh. Such a diva!
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Snifter&Toddy 6/24/2009, 3:21 am

Normally twice a day but with the upset tummies we are dealing with it is currently about 8 tiny meals a day. Ugh.
Snifter&Toddy
Snifter&Toddy

Number of posts : 2071

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 7/6/2009, 1:25 am

I have always kept a full bowl of food and water down all day everyday. My girls eat at the same time, taking turns getting their food from the bowl. Belle, my youngest will sometimes go back for a snack. Sugar will only eat once a day. Excluding her carrots and apples.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 7/6/2009, 7:52 am

Pozie and Coper used to free feed until Ripley joined...then they were fed twice a day, but Coper and Pozie never ate in the morning...Ripley is known as Porky Pug and needed a diet so we are now only feeding once a day...none of them act hungry...and Ollie the Golden is free fed and every now and then...feeds the pugs...I guess in dog talk they tell him they are ready...so he goes to his bowl and drops a bunch of food on the floor...UGH!

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerSnap 7/6/2009, 8:25 pm

hrjlong wrote:I have always kept a full bowl of food and water down all day everyday. My girls eat at the same time, taking turns getting their food from the bowl. Belle, my youngest will sometimes go back for a snack. Sugar will only eat once a day. Excluding her carrots and apples.
If I did this, both of my guys would be so far they'd be spherical! I"m glad it works for you, though!
GingerSnap
GingerSnap

Number of posts : 3547

Back to top Go down

Post  dieselsmom 7/6/2009, 8:47 pm

Sara wrote:CP also knows the words "breakfast" and "dinner" and gets treats throughout the day like Miss Tilly.

Mine know "breakfast", "dinner" and "hungry" and the use of words dinner, hungry and eat are banned in this house after noon on the weekends. Because Makayla acts like a mad woman who hasn't eaten a meal in three straight weeks all afternoon on the weekends, hoping we'll give in and feed her early. But I kid you not, every Sunday, without fail, Josh will ask me around 2 or 3 "Are you hungry?" Which causes Makayla to go into a whirlwind begging me to feed her and which causes me to threaten to strangle Josh is he does that again. Inevitably, the same scenario happens in our house every Sunday afternoon!!
dieselsmom
dieselsmom

Number of posts : 2235

http://www.cloudk9.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 7/7/2009, 10:05 am

dieselsmom wrote:
Sara wrote:CP also knows the words "breakfast" and "dinner" and gets treats throughout the day like Miss Tilly.

Mine know "breakfast", "dinner" and "hungry" and the use of words dinner, hungry and eat are banned in this house after noon on the weekends. Because Makayla acts like a mad woman who hasn't eaten a meal in three straight weeks all afternoon on the weekends, hoping we'll give in and feed her early. But I kid you not, every Sunday, without fail, Josh will ask me around 2 or 3 "Are you hungry?" Which causes Makayla to go into a whirlwind begging me to feed her and which causes me to threaten to strangle Josh is he does that again. Inevitably, the same scenario happens in our house every Sunday afternoon!!

That's funny, we can't say hungry in our house either. So instead, Jeff and I ask each other "Are you from Hungaria", we know what the other is talking about, but Tyson and LuLu don't catch on.
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 7/7/2009, 12:51 pm

When Thurston wants his meal he will start chasing the kittens. I have to say "Are you Hungry" and suddenly his eyes are on me. Pugs are definitely food motivated.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace&Toby 7/7/2009, 5:26 pm

we used to be able to free feed when it was just Lucky and Ace- food would sit all day untouched. NOW with Mr. My-Mommy-Starves-Me-Look-How-Emaciated-I-Am AKA Toby that is a thing of the past. We feed morning and night now and both pugs gobble it down soo fast! In fact, Toby has to use what we call the "fat man bowl" (google brakefast bowls) to slow him down! In our house, we can't say hungry or eat either.... we usually spell e-a-t! silly pugs!
Ace&Toby
Ace&Toby

Number of posts : 96

Back to top Go down

Post  Imon 8/12/2009, 8:34 pm

I've always fed Otto twice a day, and he's happy with that. Usually about 7 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.

He lets us know if we're late with his meals! Very Happy
Imon
Imon

Number of posts : 1898

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 8/13/2009, 12:31 pm

Our dogs have always been fed twice a day - breakfast and tea. They don't get snacks in between (except if there are pills to be given).
Now that she's (mostly, except for Cousin Holly's visits) on her own, by about 4pm Hattie is usually to be found prowling around the kitchen waiting for her meal! Rolling Eyes

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Post  Snifter&Toddy 8/13/2009, 1:31 pm

I really think it depends on the dog.

Generally twice a day seems fine and that is what we do here. If you have a pug that really scarfs down food then splitting into two meals is not going to put as big a strain on their systems - food can come up again if too much volume is eaten too quickly. If you have a pug that only wants to eat once a day, and does well on that routine - fine. On the other hand if you have a pug with a sensitive tummy then at least 2 meals, and probably 3 per day is better. Toddy's tummy is a bit sensitive and if there are any signs of problems I go to more than 2 meals a day.
Snifter&Toddy
Snifter&Toddy

Number of posts : 2071

Back to top Go down

Post  GracieNEmma 8/13/2009, 3:06 pm

Our girls get fed twice a day too. Plus they get snacks through out the day. When ever I leave, I give them each half a carrot or a couple cheerios or blueberries. I don't know why I started that but now every time we leave the house, they get a small treat. And then before we go to bed, they get a couple more cheerios. And they both sit there in the bed starring at me until I come to bed and give them their "night night snack". I think our girls would starting eating us if we only fed them once a day. Emma especially! She looks forward to meal time every day. Very Happy On the weekends, they have us (well, I should say Erik) up by 6:30 a.m. to feed them and we feed them at 6:00 p.m. & usually at or before that time, Gracie is blowing "pug snot" at me because she's ready to eat dinner. And they say dogs can't tell time. Yeah right!!
GracieNEmma
GracieNEmma

Number of posts : 1065

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2