Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sophie

+12
juneau hunter
LisaIzzyAggy
Aussie Witch
Not Afraid
Amanda
Nan and BAGS
northernwitch
Mel
thminis
sallyandtilly
Renee
Saira
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sophie - Page 2 Empty Re: Sophie

Post  SacramentoPugs 2/25/2011, 1:31 pm

Sophie's worth every penny, just for the entertainment value alone. Laughing

Sounds like you're in wonderful hands with this vet and can trust her recommendations. That's more important than just about anything.
SacramentoPugs
SacramentoPugs

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 2/25/2011, 4:59 pm

I thank the gawds that you decided to keep her when you were fostering her, Saira! Where would we be without Sophie stories?? hug dog

My question: If the remaining bumps have stabilized, can you lower her steroid dosage and see if they just stay the same? Then she would have bumps that were stable, and not undergo scary surgery. Or did I read you've tried that already and the bumps started growing again?
'
Kisses to her no matter what happens. I hope I can meet her someday!
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 2/25/2011, 8:42 pm

PugLady3 wrote:Sophie reminds me a little of my foster Zoe - tiny black diva with a crazy streak a mile long. Laughing Glad to hear that she's doing ok & the bumps are mostly under control. Do they tend to pop up more due to stress or anything? Just wondering if the surgery to remove those few will set her back in that respect.

They used to flare up but for the past year they have stayed steady. That is one worry we have is if the surgery will make things worse, but...she went through her spay ok and her bumps were worse then-the surgery didn't seem to aggravate them.
lola's mom wrote:Only Sophie would love the Vet! I love her and her feisty little personality.
$350 sounds like a great deal for surgery.

Nooo, the 350 was only for her visit and 2 months worth of meds. LoL I don't even want to know what the surgery will cost.

Maryjo wrote:I thank the gawds that you decided to keep her when you were fostering her, Saira! Where would we be without Sophie stories?? hug dog

My question: If the remaining bumps have stabilized, can you lower her steroid dosage and see if they just stay the same? Then she would have bumps that were stable, and not undergo scary surgery. Or did I read you've tried that already and the bumps started growing again?
'
Kisses to her no matter what happens. I hope I can meet her someday!

That has been what we have tried. The ones that went away, stay away no matter the dosage. But, the stubborn ones seem to stay down at 1/2 steroid every other day, unfortunately. If we go down, they get worse And higher dosages don't seem to make a difference.

They just emailed me and said her bloodwork looked good, yay! Still no more crystals, whew.
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2