Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

blue buffalo (fish and sweet potato?)

3 posters

Go down

blue buffalo (fish and sweet potato?) Empty blue buffalo (fish and sweet potato?)

Post  monkeypigs4eva 6/29/2009, 9:41 pm

Anyone feed this to their pugs? Joe said he switched a few weeks ago and is noticing a marked increase in shedding.

BUT I just visited with the boys and thought they looked more fit and trim than they had in months. There was a real shine to their coats that I didn't see when they were on Canidae. Their coats actually seemed very soft and they actually SMELLED better to me. They definitely seemed to be losing a lot of fur, but that isn't unusual for this time of year.

Anyway, any experiences--good or bad? Calvin is allergic to a lot of foods and he seemed to be very stable to me, no pinkness or paw chewing or ear problems like he would normally present if he was allergic.
monkeypigs4eva
monkeypigs4eva

Number of posts : 1892

http://www.etsy.com/shop/monkeypigranch

Back to top Go down

blue buffalo (fish and sweet potato?) Empty Re: blue buffalo (fish and sweet potato?)

Post  leslyeb 6/30/2009, 6:33 pm

Blue Buffalo seems to be a pretty good food. I bought one bag of the fish for Chyna a while back, but she started itching a little bit more then usual so I stopped. She normally can eat a fish based food, but there must have been something in it that didn't agree with her. I would give it a little more time and see if the shedding slows. If not, there are a few more good fish based foods out there.

I also wanted to mention a food called Addiction. Chyna did very well on the Addiction Kangaroo which is great for allergy sufferers. Since it is hard to find, I ordered mine through www.k9cuisine.com, and if you order $50 or more, you get free shipping. Plus, since the store is not in the state where I live, I saved on sales tax as well. They usually ship the food the day you order it or the next day, and mine has always arrived within two days even though I don't pay for quicker shipping.
leslyeb
leslyeb

Number of posts : 707

Back to top Go down

blue buffalo (fish and sweet potato?) Empty Re: blue buffalo (fish and sweet potato?)

Post  Pugsaunt 6/30/2009, 9:28 pm

I just switched Penny from Orijen to Taste of the Wild fish. Grain free, and her itching and shedding and mega-poops have amazingly decreased since I put her on grain free, about a year ago. Love that stuff!
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  monkeypigs4eva 7/1/2009, 12:28 pm

Pugsaunt wrote:I just switched Penny from Orijen to Taste of the Wild fish. Grain free, and her itching and shedding and mega-poops have amazingly decreased since I put her on grain free, about a year ago. Love that stuff!

I did see some GIANT poops. That was a little disconcerting Rolling Eyes . Maybe it is the food after all.
The boys have eaten Solid Gold and Wellness fish-based foods, and they were both good. BUT the BB is available right at the Petsmart and is fresh--one of the reasons Joe likes to feed it. He's had some very bad experiences with food being shipped (old bags of food, torn bags, a bag with bugs in it--three problems from three different companies) so he likes to buy locally.
monkeypigs4eva
monkeypigs4eva

Number of posts : 1892

http://www.etsy.com/shop/monkeypigranch

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 7/1/2009, 11:58 pm

Buying locally does make sense. I'm just enthusiastic about the grain free thing. Penny is thriving on it.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down