Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ear Infection/Vet Visit Updated.

+7
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Renee
northernwitch
smoochieface
Aussie Witch
MackandMattiesMom
Dboardman
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ear Infection/Vet Visit Updated. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ear Infection/Vet Visit Updated.

Post  Dboardman 8/1/2010, 9:07 pm

Alright, it might be too early to tell but I think Lola's ear infection and allergies are under control *knock on wood*. She has not scratched her ears all day, she also has not rubbed her eyes or gotten eye buggers. All I had to do was get rid of the Honest kitchen. So she is 100% grain free. Now there are a new set of issues that seem to be something that is going to be more long term.

The Doc said she has extremely narrow ear canals, so we will see what she says about that at our next visit. Now the second issue is teeth. She seems to have a tooth that is either a baby tooth that has not fallen out that is crooked or a adult tooth that has grown in sideways. So far it has no affect on Lola but it seems like something that has the potential to harbor a ton of bacteria and become painful eventually. So is there anything that I should be aware of? I am guessing that the best way to handle the situation would be to have a cleaning and an extraction at the same time? How often do you reccommend having cleanings? Once a year? At 14 months old is there a chance that its a baby tooth?
Dboardman
Dboardman

Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Ear Infection/Vet Visit Updated. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ear Infection/Vet Visit Updated.

Post  akc0104 8/1/2010, 9:19 pm

I'm sure that SEPRA or Jana can recommend a pug friendly vet in the Chattanooga area. Even if you keep going to Atlanta for well checks, knowing one close by will be handy.
akc0104
akc0104

Number of posts : 1742

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 8/1/2010, 9:34 pm

There's a very good chance it is a baby tooth that never fell out. I see it alot with the rescue. My dogs rarely need dentals. Most get two in their lives if I have them 10 years or more. Partly because of their diets and the bones they chew and partly because I brush their teeth. Some of my dogs have such crooked teeth that no amount of bone chewing is going to clean all the areas so I brush their teeth. Has saved me a fortune in dental work.....
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dboardman 8/1/2010, 9:56 pm

How often do you brush their teeth? I brushed hers about 3 or so weeks ago and it was like pulling teeth. She has her own toothbrush usually she just drinks the toothpaste as I brush or squirms away. I do give her Bully sticks and Pig tail things. Although she is so weird and doesn't like the bully sticks.
Dboardman
Dboardman

Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2