Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why are girls so much harder than boys???

+16
thminis
agilepug
Amber
smoochieface
Renee
Denise M
LisaIzzyAggy
Saira
pugasaurus
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
MandyPug
pugsandkids
northernwitch
lindarpugma
DeeAnn
Puglove2
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Why are girls so much harder than boys??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are girls so much harder than boys???

Post  FurSprinklers 10/30/2010, 1:23 pm

I love having both boys and girls in the house.

Boys for they love giving snuggle and they listen so well. Girls to laugh at for all their naughty antics!

Tallulah was my hardest puppy ever to raise, but I wouldn't trade for anything in the world!
FurSprinklers
FurSprinklers

Number of posts : 675

Back to top Go down

Why are girls so much harder than boys??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are girls so much harder than boys???

Post  Guest 10/30/2010, 3:21 pm

Rupert is the bad one as far as marking in the house, but he is so easy and lovable in so many other ways, not a mean bone in his body.
Viv is so stubborn, won't come if you call her, does not back down to anything, will growl if you try to take a chewy away from her, she is the tough one, and to think I only wanted girls!

Back to top Go down

Post  juneau hunter 11/22/2010, 2:19 pm

pugsandkids wrote:I blame it on hormones, same for horses!
Once a male is neutered/gelded all of the "other drive" goes away. They are fully focused on you, and what you want.
Females, even when spayed, still have that defiant personality!

Well why didn't someone tell me that I needed to get my husbands neutered if I needed to keep them focused! Geez! razz

I have never had a female dog, but as a mother of 3 girls and 3 boys...the boys were easier to train and more focused. I don't want to scare you with the teenage girl stories...that start when they turn 11...but lets just say, I hope they all get a girl for payback!
juneau hunter
juneau hunter

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post  Winston's Mom 11/22/2010, 5:02 pm

Does Violet want to get near the baby and try to get your attention? That's what my DIL is experiencing right now. Her little black diva girl Cecelia has been a real pill since the baby came. Once she could get close to him and lick his feet she has been better. She MUST lick everyones feet.

She still tries to bully her way into the lap when baby is in lap. I think they have found a common spot. She has "her" spot and baby has his. Then all was right with the world again.

Cece is also extremely put out when baby wakes in the middle of the night and disturbs her "beauty sleep" If looks could kill we would all be dead!

We keep telling Cece that he day is coming when Hudson will be chasing her all over the place and she will be running for cover.

Violet may be looking at the same fate! Maelle will be coming after her full steam ahead and then she is going to wonder what happened!
Winston's Mom
Winston's Mom

Number of posts : 244

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 11/22/2010, 6:40 pm

FurSprinklers wrote:......Boys for they love giving snuggle and they listen so well.
.......Girls to laugh at for all their naughty antics!

I totally agree. I watch my Chloe and Winnie (our foster shih tzu) pay and get into mischief together, while the rest of the gang looks on. Diamond (linda's pug girl) also gets into mischief, but she'd prefer doing ti by herself. Chloe & Winnie have become BFF's, and love to gang up on Moose, Odie Gus Gus, or one of the other boys who catch their eye.

hug dog

Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Puglove2 11/23/2010, 7:11 pm

Winston's Mom wrote:Does Violet want to get near the baby and try to get your attention? That's what my DIL is experiencing right now. Her little black diva girl Cecelia has been a real pill since the baby came. Once she could get close to him and lick his feet she has been better. She MUST lick everyones feet.

She still tries to bully her way into the lap when baby is in lap. I think they have found a common spot. She has "her" spot and baby has his. Then all was right with the world again.

Cece is also extremely put out when baby wakes in the middle of the night and disturbs her "beauty sleep" If looks could kill we would all be dead!

We keep telling Cece that he day is coming when Hudson will be chasing her all over the place and she will be running for cover.

Violet may be looking at the same fate! Maelle will be coming after her full steam ahead and then she is going to wonder what happened!

Violet just wants to be near the baby all the time. LOL! She's actually not doing too bad since the baby came along. I can't ask for better dogs. She's just very dominant and wants all the attention, but she's been surprisingly good about sharing the spotlight. I spend quality time with her and that seems to help. When hubby has the baby, I take Violet and we have our "mommy and me" time. Luckily, Violet doesn't get bothered if the baby cries in the middle of the night.

I know the day will come when I have to protect the doggies from the baby!
Puglove2
Puglove2

Number of posts : 1943

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2