Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nurse Betty could use some good thoughts and prayers

+41
Lindsey
Maryjo
Dayna
pugpillow
Millie'sMichael
GracieNEmma
Puggered
H the P
Not Afraid
FurSprinklers
HK Pugs
papaspugs
akc0104
Miss Pugg
Puglove2
Amber
Imon
LisaIzzyAggy
smoochieface
PugLady3
Katie & Stella
puglouie
Mel
thminis
Tocents
MommaJones
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
lindarpugma
Saira
northernwitch
Snifter&Toddy
Javalita
Renee
Brenda
Aussie Witch
Erin
pugasaurus
TxAllieGrl
ChaLou
pugsandkids
Pugsavers
45 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Nurse Betty could use some good thoughts and prayers - Page 2 Empty Re: Nurse Betty could use some good thoughts and prayers

Post  Imon 1/13/2011, 6:57 pm

More prayers and good thoughts for dear Nurse Betty. I hope she is feeling better today and that the seizures decrease RIGHT AWAY! Hugs to that sweetie. hug dog
Imon
Imon

Number of posts : 1898

Back to top Go down

Nurse Betty could use some good thoughts and prayers - Page 2 Empty Re: Nurse Betty could use some good thoughts and prayers

Post  Amber 1/13/2011, 8:20 pm

Just now seeing this. LOTS of good thoughts for Nurse Betty!
Amber
Amber

Number of posts : 2080

http://www.lotusblossomphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Puglove2 1/13/2011, 8:23 pm

good thoughts for a very sweet girl.
Puglove2
Puglove2

Number of posts : 1943

Back to top Go down

Nurse Betty could use some good thoughts and prayers - Page 2 Empty Nurse Betty

Post  Miss Pugg 1/13/2011, 9:58 pm

Our best wishes go out to Nurse Betty and to you, Roxanne. I remember reading about you both last year and I know Nurse Betty helped in your recovery.
Miss Pugg
Miss Pugg

Number of posts : 659

Back to top Go down

Post  akc0104 1/13/2011, 10:28 pm

hug dog for you and Nurse Betty. hug dog
akc0104
akc0104

Number of posts : 1742

Back to top Go down

Post  papaspugs 1/13/2011, 10:31 pm

Pug hugs for Betty. hug dog
papaspugs
papaspugs

Number of posts : 2297

Back to top Go down

Post  HK Pugs 1/13/2011, 10:37 pm

Only good thoughts and prayers and a gentle hug are going out to a very special girl. And all fingers, toes and paws are crossed for Betty too!
hug dog
HK Pugs
HK Pugs

Number of posts : 1550

Back to top Go down

Post  FurSprinklers 1/13/2011, 10:39 pm

Many good thoughts and prayers for Nurse Betty.... And you!
FurSprinklers
FurSprinklers

Number of posts : 675

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsavers 1/13/2011, 11:36 pm

Thanks everyone. We started the phenobarb today so hopefully that will help. So far only one seizure that I noticed today and it was pretty mild...no loss of urine. I think those good thoughts and prayers are working.

Pugsavers
Pugsavers

Number of posts : 1541

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 1/13/2011, 11:48 pm

I hope the new meds do the trick for sweet Nurse Betty. I'll keep her in my thoughts.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 1/14/2011, 5:00 am

Loads of good puggy vibes being sent across the pond to Nurse Betty, and to you, Roxane. hug dog

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Post  Puggered 1/14/2011, 8:10 am

Loads and loads of puggy vibes zooming their way over to darling Betty! Glad to hear ithe meds are working so soon.
Puggered
Puggered

Number of posts : 1517

Back to top Go down

Post  GracieNEmma 1/14/2011, 10:48 am

Many prayers for Betty and hugs to the both of you. hug dog Please keep us posted.
GracieNEmma
GracieNEmma

Number of posts : 1065

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 1/14/2011, 11:00 am

Roxane, here are a couple of tips that I learned from the epi-dog message boards/websites. They're things that I wish I would've known when Pugsy had seizures towards the end of her life. You may already know these, but here goes anyway:

• When she's having a seizure, hold an ice pack on the middle of her back (behind the shoulder blades). It helps to stop the seizure quicker & the recovery time afterwards seems to be shorter. I've been doing this with our foster Zoe and it does seem to help slightly. There's more info. on it here: http://www.canine-epilepsy-guardian-angels.com/icepack.htm

• Seizures are hard on their little bodies & cause a drop in blood sugar. I give Zoe a teaspoon or two of plain, vanilla ice cream after one to help her bounce back. Some people add Rescue Remedy to the ice cream but we haven't tried that yet.

Hope that helps Nurse Betty. If nothing else, she'll enjoy the ice cream treat! hug dog

PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Millie'sMichael 1/14/2011, 11:27 am

Nurse Betty is an angel on four little paws if there ever was one. All good thoughts coming your way from Millie and me.
Millie'sMichael
Millie'sMichael

Number of posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post  pugpillow 1/14/2011, 1:34 pm

Soft, gentle hugs and bagsful of positive thoughts.

I've read that you shouldn't talk to a dog who is seizuring.
pugpillow
pugpillow

Number of posts : 944

Back to top Go down

Post  Dayna 1/14/2011, 5:05 pm

Sending positive thoughts your way and hoping the meds work for her. Shes been such a trooper thru everything. Ya'll are in my thoughts.
Dayna
Dayna

Number of posts : 1600

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 1/14/2011, 8:16 pm

Powerful puggy vibes coming from Alaska to Nurse Betty. I hope the meds do the trick.

hug dog

Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindsey 1/14/2011, 8:23 pm

Lots of prayers and hugs coming from the Pacific Northwest to Nurse Betty and Roxane.
Lindsey
Lindsey

Number of posts : 2033

Back to top Go down

Post  sallyandtilly 1/14/2011, 8:33 pm

Sending positive thoughts your way.
sallyandtilly
sallyandtilly

Number of posts : 3150

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugnutty 1/15/2011, 10:29 pm

Oh No, Not Ms Eba Eba! Please add my thoughts and prayers that this is kept under control and give her a hug and kiss from me. She is just so dang sweet.
Pugnutty
Pugnutty

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post  Norton's Mom 1/16/2011, 11:45 am

PugLady3 wrote:

• When she's having a seizure, hold an ice pack on the middle of her back (behind the shoulder blades). It helps to stop the seizure quicker & the recovery time afterwards seems to be shorter. I've been doing this with our foster Zoe and it does seem to help slightly. There's more info. on it here: http://www.canine-epilepsy-guardian-angels.com/icepack.htm

• Seizures are hard on their little bodies & cause a drop in blood sugar. I give Zoe a teaspoon or two of plain, vanilla ice cream after one to help her bounce back. Some people add Rescue Remedy to the ice cream but we haven't tried that yet.

Hope that helps Nurse Betty. If nothing else, she'll enjoy the ice cream treat!

Roxanne and Brenda- I have found that Rescue Remedy is very helpful in Norton's situation. It really helps him stay calm afterwards and seems to get him back to normal in a shorter times as well. We have tried the ice pack and did do the ice cream as well and they seemed to work but the Rescue Remedy has been the best so far.

Good thoughts for Nurse Betty and you! hug dog
Norton's Mom
Norton's Mom

Number of posts : 510

http://www.snaphappygirl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SacramentoPugs 1/18/2011, 4:12 pm

Just finding this today. Sending lots of positive energy Betty's way. Hang in there, Roxane.
SacramentoPugs
SacramentoPugs

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2