Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 Pugs-Update w/pics

+9
Amber
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
H the P
FurSprinklers
Two Crazy Pugs
Aussie Witch
Mel
Renee
Saira
13 posters

Go down

2 Pugs-Update w/pics Empty 2 Pugs-Update w/pics

Post  Saira 3/13/2011, 2:23 pm

SNPR got a call about 2 pugs in Utah that were being kept outside, in a tarp covered cage. They were fed maybe every couple of days, and hadn't seen a vet or been cared for in forever. A family member moved in with this family and saw how they were being treated and convinced them to surrender to a rescue, only there is no rescue in Utah so they are coming here. The lady, who is so nice, is driving them to Mesquite, Nevada and then one of our volunteers is meeting them there and taking them to our vet. Poor puggies. We have no idea how old they are (they look older from the pics she sent) or what kind of shape they are in, the lady said their nails have grown under. This was the pic she sent of where they were kept-it was covered with a tarp. Utah gets freezing in the winter too.

[img]2 Pugs-Update w/pics PUGS002[/img]

They should be getting in later this afternoon, I'll post more pics of them then!

Last edited by Saira on 3/14/2011, 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

2 Pugs-Update w/pics Empty Re: 2 Pugs-Update w/pics

Post  Renee 3/13/2011, 2:26 pm

ASSHOLES! I fricking hate people! I really do. WTF? Why own a dog and treat it like that!!?!??!??!

Bless this family member that has a heart. At least someone in that family has a heart.

Thanks for stepping up Saira.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel 3/13/2011, 3:25 pm

fed every couple of days? ugh...they should make the owners live that way. hair pull
Mel
Mel

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 3/13/2011, 4:42 pm

Those poor babies. Crying or Very sad Thank Dog that's all gonna change.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/13/2011, 5:51 pm

I am so glad for their sake that their owners listened to the woman. It is beyond me why anyone would even have an animal if they did not want it to be a part of their life.
I hope they are in decent shape emotionally.

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 3/14/2011, 12:07 am

Here they are! They are at our vet's. They've been together their whole lives, our vet thinks they are about 10. We are hoping for a miracle to occur and to find someone to foster them together, but it's really hard to find a foster for a pair of seniors. The board member who meet them at the vet said they seemed very sweet, loved attention, and were a bit nervous (of course) at everything. Their names are Dino and Dinah. The lady who rescued them gave them each 3 baths to get all the filth off of them.

2 Pugs-Update w/pics Dinadino1
Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  Two Crazy Pugs 3/14/2011, 12:29 am

Oh my! I love their faces! How is their temperament? Poor little ones for the sad life they have had until now.
Two Crazy Pugs
Two Crazy Pugs

Number of posts : 1295

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 3/14/2011, 12:31 am

Two Crazy Pugs wrote:Oh my! I love their faces! How is their temperament? Poor little ones for the sad life they have had until now.

The lady who rescued them said they seemed very sweet and loved attention. Val was the one who met them at the vet and said they were nervous (probably had never been to a vet!) but very sweet. I can't believe they were living outside for years, Utah gets COLD!
Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 3/14/2011, 12:35 am

Oh how I wish I was in Nevada! I would foster the two!! They look surprisingly spry and dare I say healthy?
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 3/14/2011, 12:37 am

Renee wrote:Oh how I wish I was in Nevada! I would foster the two!! They look surprisingly spry and dare I say healthy?

They were limping but we think it was because their nails were so long and the female was coughing a bit. But I think they were stressed too, poor guys had a long long journey!
Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  FurSprinklers 3/14/2011, 12:57 am

What beautiful little gray faces! I do hope they get to stay together!
FurSprinklers
FurSprinklers

Number of posts : 675

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 3/14/2011, 8:59 am

Why keep dogs in conditions like that? For 10 years? Ye Gods. I will never understand the mentality of some people.
Bless their hearts, I really hope they can stay together. hug dog

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 3/14/2011, 9:31 am

They look happy to have had some baths, they must know they are on to a better life. Thank you, SNPR! hug dog hug dog
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  Amber 3/14/2011, 9:35 am

Oh look at those sweet faces!!! Thank you SNPR for getting these babies!!!
Amber
Amber

Number of posts : 2080

http://www.lotusblossomphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda 3/14/2011, 10:26 am

I am so glad you guys got them! Poor munchkins. At least they are safe now. I hope they don't have any major health issues and that you can find a foster home for them together.
Brenda
Brenda

Number of posts : 2221

Back to top Go down

Post  Buddy's Mom 3/14/2011, 10:32 am

They are a beautiful looking pair! And happy too considering what they've been through. I hope everything works out for them to find a foster home and then permanent home together. I couldn't imagine having to separate them after all that time.
Buddy's Mom
Buddy's Mom

Number of posts : 218

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 3/14/2011, 10:41 am

Buddy's Mom wrote:They are a beautiful looking pair! And happy too considering what they've been through. I hope everything works out for them to find a foster home and then permanent home together. I couldn't imagine having to separate them after all that time.

Unfortunately the reality is, very few people adopt seniors, and even fewer can take on two older ones. We have done it a few times, but times are a lot tougher now. At least they are out of the horrible conditions they were living in though. One of their vet techs posted that she met them this morning and they were very sweet.

Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  Buddy's Mom 3/14/2011, 12:00 pm

I know what you mean. I just wish that people would realize just how sweet seniors are. Sure, sometimes they require vet care a bit more often but the love you get back is so worth it. Fingers and paws crossed for them. Hug
Buddy's Mom
Buddy's Mom

Number of posts : 218

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 3/14/2011, 12:39 pm

Saira wrote:Here they are! They are at our vet's. They've been together their whole lives, our vet thinks they are about 10. We are hoping for a miracle to occur and to find someone to foster them together, but it's really hard to find a foster for a pair of seniors. The board member who meet them at the vet said they seemed very sweet, loved attention, and were a bit nervous (of course) at everything. Their names are Dino and Dinah. The lady who rescued them gave them each 3 baths to get all the filth off of them.

I'm in love. I saw them on FB and got so angry about their story I was afraid to say anything.

Times like this I wish I lived in the lower 48. I'd take them in a heartbeat. Gotta love those senior pugs.

Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel 3/14/2011, 12:52 pm

This pic reminds me of my grandma and grandpa. Hug

Mel
Mel

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post  SacramentoPugs 3/14/2011, 12:58 pm

What a couple of cutiepies. I wish them (and you too, Saira) all the very best in this journey you've all begun.
SacramentoPugs
SacramentoPugs

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 3/14/2011, 10:12 pm

So the update is, our vet is concerned about Dinah. She's coughing badly and he's worried something is going on with her heart so we'll do chest x rays tomorrow. Dino is doing ok. Both have terrible teeth and need dentals.

Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down