Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My HR Director is giving up her two pugs *UPDATE-they are placed*

+12
majik
GingerSnap
TNPUGMOMOF3
Amanda
Saira
Renee
Miss Pit
Not Afraid
pugasaurus
Pugsaunt
Maryjo
smoochieface
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

My HR Director is giving up her two pugs *UPDATE-they are placed* Empty My HR Director is giving up her two pugs *UPDATE-they are placed*

Post  smoochieface 7/19/2011, 1:26 pm

No offense, Amanda, but my HR director is giving up her two pugs.

Does anyone know of a good family in Southern California who may want to take in these two fellas? If so, PM me and I can email you the info. I have pics but have to get some work done real quick and then will try to post. She says they are both fixed, have updated shots, are in good health, and come with all their stuff.

Here's a pic of Milo & Otis:

My HR Director is giving up her two pugs *UPDATE-they are placed* MiloOtis

Last edited by smoochieface on 7/21/2011, 2:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

My HR Director is giving up her two pugs *UPDATE-they are placed* Empty Re: My HR Director is giving up her two pugs *UPDATE-they are placed*

Post  Maryjo 7/19/2011, 1:39 pm

Poor things! Up here, we have people wanting a rescue pug, but not enough pugs to go around. This is when I wish that 'pug pipeline' to Alaska was set up.
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

My HR Director is giving up her two pugs *UPDATE-they are placed* Empty Re: My HR Director is giving up her two pugs *UPDATE-they are placed*

Post  Pugsaunt 7/19/2011, 3:22 pm

I'd take them in a hot minute if Penny would let me! Fingers, toes, paws, and eyes crossed that they find furever homes soon.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  pugasaurus 7/19/2011, 5:09 pm

Oh, they look adorable! I hope they find a fabulous new home!
pugasaurus
pugasaurus

Number of posts : 1117

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 7/19/2011, 5:26 pm

I'll fly them to Alaska.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 7/19/2011, 5:31 pm

Not Afraid wrote:I'll fly them to Alaska.

I actually checked Pet Airways and they have service out of LA, but they don't fly to Alaska or anywhere close to Anchorage.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Pit 7/19/2011, 5:38 pm

How about doing a ground transport through a couple of states and then Pilot and Paws the rest of the way to Alaska? They're very cute and sounds like they would be high in demand up there.

Trish

Miss Pit

Number of posts : 986

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 7/19/2011, 5:39 pm

Oh, they are darling. Poor babies. Yes, we do have more people that want pugs than we have pugs to supply... but just when we think we won't have any, then they come in waves.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 7/19/2011, 5:44 pm

Miss Pit wrote:How about doing a ground transport through a couple of states and then Pilot and Paws the rest of the way to Alaska? They're very cute and sounds like they would be high in demand up there.

Trish

Trish, do you have any familiarity with them? It looks like the distance limit one pilot can fly is 350 ground miles. Maryjo, just out of curiosity, how close would we have to get to get within 350 miles of Anchorage, even assuming there is a small plane pilot willing to fly to Anchorage?
smoochieface
smoochieface

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 7/19/2011, 5:47 pm

It's not cheap but $368 pp RT plus $100 per pet each way (which would be one way). We would need 2 people to fly, though. So, (368x2)+200 to transport.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 7/19/2011, 5:55 pm

Sorry to be the voice of reason here - but, MaryJo cannot actually commit to taking these two pugs without the approval of the board for Polar Pug Rescue, unless she had plans to take them on personally?
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 7/19/2011, 6:09 pm

Renee wrote:Sorry to be the voice of reason here - but, MaryJo cannot actually commit to taking these two pugs without the approval of the board for Polar Pug Rescue, unless she had plans to take them on personally?

Totally understand, Renee. That type of transport is defintiely not a first, second or third choice. I've been working all day trying to find a local placement. The two local pug rescues are helping me spread the word and San Diego Rescue is going to post their pic on the rescue's FB page in case we get lucky and get a response. I have also contacted my two local contacts here who do all breed rescue on the side.

Lisa, would you be willing to pass the message along to the rescue who helped with Kimchi? If so, I can forward to you the original email with pics.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 7/19/2011, 6:15 pm

Hey, even if you guys know of a potential family a few hundred miles away, I know I can work out transport. The person giving up the pugs has grown children and I know I can guilt her into arranging transport to anywhere within a doable driving distance.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 7/19/2011, 6:15 pm

I wish we could help, but everyone's dumping their pugs right now, and no one seems to want to adopt one. Does she have to surrender them right away?
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 7/19/2011, 6:17 pm

Saira wrote:I wish we could help, but everyone's dumping their pugs right now, and no one seems to want to adopt one. Does she have to surrender them right away?

I dunno, Saira. I haven't been able to make myself to up and actually speak to her about timing. It she says they must be placed immediately, I think I'll have to punch her in the face.

I just emailed you to see if SNPR would agree to post their pic on your website and maybe we'll get lucky and get a response? I'm positive I could arrange transport to Nevada if someone actually wants them.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 7/19/2011, 6:21 pm

smoochieface wrote:
Saira wrote:I wish we could help, but everyone's dumping their pugs right now, and no one seems to want to adopt one. Does she have to surrender them right away?

I dunno, Saira. I haven't been able to make myself to up and actually speak to her about timing. It she says they must be placed immediately, I think I'll have to punch her in the face.

I just emailed you to see if SNPR would agree to post their pic on your website and maybe we'll get lucky and get a response? I'm positive I could arrange transport to Nevada if someone actually wants them.

We could do a courtesy post and I'll put them in our newsletter, but older male dogs are so hard to place, ours stay with us forever, and then we lose fosters who are willing to foster older males because they never leave. We have a 9 year old that came in yesterday that we have to board. And if they have to go together, it's going to be tough. I'll email my friend in SLC to see if she will post on her page-I don't know if your HR director would be willing to transport to there, but she said pugs are in big demand there (and has had luck adopting out older ones).

Last edited by Saira on 7/19/2011, 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Pit 7/19/2011, 6:22 pm

Renee wrote:Sorry to be the voice of reason here - but, MaryJo cannot actually commit to taking these two pugs without the approval of the board for Polar Pug Rescue, unless she had plans to take them on personally?

Completely understand,Renee. I don't even know if there's pilots along that route that could/would help. So I guess this means I can't just have Kendie tie a big red ribbon on the pugs and put them in a basket with a bottle of wine and drop off on MJ's doorstep?!! My HR Director is giving up her two pugs *UPDATE-they are placed* 547493

Trish

Miss Pit

Number of posts : 986

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 7/19/2011, 6:29 pm

Saira wrote:
smoochieface wrote:

We could do a courtesy post and I'll put them in our newsletter, but older male dogs are so hard to place, ours stay with us forever, and then we lose fosters who are willing to foster older males because they never leave. We have a 9 year old that came in yesterday that we have to board. And if they have to go together, it's going to be tough. I'll email my friend in SLC to see if she will post on her page-I don't know if your HR director would be willing to transport to there, but she said pugs are in big demand there (and has had luck adopting out older ones).

Thanks for the courtesy post! Honestly, these days, I don't even think about asking our overloaded rescues to take in an owner surrender. The least the owners can do is hold onto their pugs until a decent placement can be made.

Yes, please ask your SLC friend to post. If she gets any interest, I will put everything I have into strong-arming the owner into figuring out transport. I don't know her full story, but I know she is fully employed (by my firm) and probably makes as much money as I do. She is not without resources and I'm certainly going to ask her to do her fair share in getting these pugs re-homed.

p.s. She just emailed me back and says there is no immediate deadline, at least a few weeks or more.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 7/19/2011, 6:34 pm

Saira wrote:We could do a courtesy post and I'll put them in our newsletter, but older male dogs are so hard to place, ours stay with us forever, and then we lose fosters who are willing to foster older males because they never leave. We have a 9 year old that came in yesterday that we have to board. And if they have to go together, it's going to be tough. I'll email my friend in SLC to see if she will post on her page-I don't know if your HR director would be willing to transport to there, but she said pugs are in big demand there (and has had luck adopting out older ones).

I'm sure the owner will say they have been together forever and are bonded, but based on what you and others have experienced, I don't see why they have to be adopted together if they are fine separated. But I guess the problem is that you don't know how they will do separated until you take them in and by then you're truly committed, huh? Pain in the ass! Why are the surrenders always multiples and seniors?

Karl is so pissed that he wants them himself, but we'd be breaking the law, we don't have a yard, and we live on a zero lot line with neighbors on 3 sides who are close enough to stare into each others windows.

Last edited by smoochieface on 7/19/2011, 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
smoochieface
smoochieface

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 7/19/2011, 6:36 pm

smoochieface wrote:
Saira wrote:We could do a courtesy post and I'll put them in our newsletter, but older male dogs are so hard to place, ours stay with us forever, and then we lose fosters who are willing to foster older males because they never leave. We have a 9 year old that came in yesterday that we have to board. And if they have to go together, it's going to be tough. I'll email my friend in SLC to see if she will post on her page-I don't know if your HR director would be willing to transport to there, but she said pugs are in big demand there (and has had luck adopting out older ones).

I'm sure the owner will say they have been together forever and are bonded, but based on what you and others have experienced, I don't see why they have to be adopted together if they are fine separated. But I guess the problem is that you don't know how they will do separated until you take them in and by then you're truly committed, huh? Pain in the ass! Why are the surrenders always multiples and seniors?

Because people suck.

My HR Director is giving up her two pugs *UPDATE-they are placed* 6260
Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda 7/19/2011, 6:50 pm

Stupid HR Director! That's all I have to offer. And I hope they get the great home they deserve!!
Amanda
Amanda

Number of posts : 6990

http://www.pugauthority.com

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 7/19/2011, 6:53 pm

Amanda wrote:Stupid HR Director! That's all I have to offer. And I hope they get the great home they deserve!!

Laughing If it weren't for you, I'd think that all HR Directors were stupid.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 7/19/2011, 6:54 pm

smoochieface wrote:
Lisa, would you be willing to pass the message along to the rescue who helped with Kimchi? If so, I can forward to you the original email with pics.

Absolutely! Email me and I will forward it to Steph and ask for a courtesy posting. I can also see if I can get a curtesy posting on the rescue I work with (they've had a lot of luck with both dogs and cats) and I'll post on the Alpha FB page.
FB has given me a lot of luck with rescues lately as well. I share local rescue things often and I do get successes. (I got 2 owner surrender Chaihuahua's a new home via FB a few weeks ago).
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 7/19/2011, 6:58 pm

Not Afraid wrote:
smoochieface wrote:

Absolutely! Email me and I will forward it to Steph and ask for a courtesy posting. I can also see if I can get a curtesy posting on the rescue I work with (they've had a lot of luck with both dogs and cats) and I'll post on the Alpha FB page.
FB has given me a lot of luck with rescues lately as well. I share local rescue things often and I do get successes. (I got 2 owner surrender Chaihuahua's a new home via FB a few weeks ago).

Awesome! Thanks so much, Lisa! I had two email addresses for you so sent it to gmail and mac addresses. You can put either me as a contact or Marcia (her contact info is on the email).
smoochieface
smoochieface

Back to top Go down

Post  TNPUGMOMOF3 7/19/2011, 7:20 pm

Post them on FB and I will share with my So Cal friends and family!
TNPUGMOMOF3
TNPUGMOMOF3

Number of posts : 1982

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next