Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My HR Director is giving up her two pugs *UPDATE-they are placed*

+12
majik
GingerSnap
TNPUGMOMOF3
Amanda
Saira
Renee
Miss Pit
Not Afraid
pugasaurus
Pugsaunt
Maryjo
smoochieface
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

My HR Director is giving up her two pugs *UPDATE-they are placed* - Page 2 Empty Re: My HR Director is giving up her two pugs *UPDATE-they are placed*

Post  Not Afraid 7/19/2011, 7:39 pm

I forwarded the email to the 2 rescues and posted on the 2 pug meet-up groups I belong 2 - Orange County Pug Meet Up and Lakewood/Long Beach Pug Meet up. I'll share a post on FB as well if you create one.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

My HR Director is giving up her two pugs *UPDATE-they are placed* - Page 2 Empty Re: My HR Director is giving up her two pugs *UPDATE-they are placed*

Post  smoochieface 7/19/2011, 7:40 pm

TNPUGMOMOF3 wrote:Post them on FB and I will share with my So Cal friends and family!

Marci, done! Thanks so much!
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 7/19/2011, 7:41 pm

Not Afraid wrote:I forwarded the email to the 2 rescues and posted on the 2 pug meet-up groups I belong 2 - Orange County Pug Meet Up and Lakewood/Long Beach Pug Meet up. I'll share a post on FB as well if you create one.

Thanks so much, Lisa!! I just posted on FB.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 7/19/2011, 7:46 pm

OK, shared on my FB as well as on Haute Dogs and Alpha Pet Care.

I can't think of any other avenues at the moment.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 7/19/2011, 8:01 pm

Not Afraid wrote:OK, shared on my FB as well as on Haute Dogs and Alpha Pet Care.

I can't think of any other avenues at the moment.

It is what it is. Now, we sit and wait.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 7/19/2011, 8:02 pm

Between me, LisaW, Clondon, Kendie and our semi-local pals, their pic is littered everywhere! If this doesn't work, I don't know what will.

Now, I'm moving on to trapping a Tortie who may or may not be pregnant already. Never a dull moment.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 7/19/2011, 8:04 pm

Not Afraid wrote:Between me, LisaW, Clondon, Kendie and our semi-local pals, their pic is littered everywhere! If this doesn't work, I don't know what will.

Now, I'm moving on to trapping a Tortie who may or may not be pregnant already. Never a dull moment.

By Tortie, do you mean turtle? Karl and Logan have been bugging me to get a turtle that they can name Bumblebee. But we have a really small patio with limited foliage and I don't really like turtles.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Back to top Go down

Post  TNPUGMOMOF3 7/19/2011, 8:08 pm

smoochieface wrote:
Not Afraid wrote:Between me, LisaW, Clondon, Kendie and our semi-local pals, their pic is littered everywhere! If this doesn't work, I don't know what will.

By Tortie, do you mean turtle? Karl and Logan have been bugging me to get a turtle that they can name Bumblebee. But we have a really small patio with limited foliage and I don't really like turtles.

I am pretty sure she means a tortise colored cat. Not sure how she would know a turtle was already prego.... Shocked
TNPUGMOMOF3
TNPUGMOMOF3

Number of posts : 1982

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerSnap 7/19/2011, 8:13 pm

OMG, a black senior with great eyebrows and a smooshiefaced fawn? I want! Never mind that I live across a continent and am at my own personal limit right now. *sigh*
smoochieface wrote:
Amanda wrote:Stupid HR Director! That's all I have to offer. And I hope they get the great home they deserve!!

Laughing If it weren't for you, I'd think that all HR Directors were stupid.
Nope. Amanda plus my company's 2 former ones. All of the above rock. If I could just get Amanda and Kyle to relocate to replace the one that just left!

smoochieface wrote:

There's something about a turtle named Bumblebee that just makes me grin! But I suspect that she's referring to a tortoiseshell (colored) cat.
GingerSnap
GingerSnap

Number of posts : 3547

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 7/20/2011, 12:34 am

Sorry. I forget this is a pug board and no everyone speaks "Cat". Tortie + Tortiseshell colored cat. Sort of like a calico that's been put in a blender (usually with brains to match). All calicos and torties are female, the coloring mix of black or grey/orange is carried on the X chromosome. So, when I see a young one running around the neighborhood I make the assumption that a) she's not fixed and b) she's probably either in heat, about to go into heat, pregnant or has kittens somewhere. I have a trap with mackerel set up outside my house right now. Let's hope I don't catch a raccoon.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 7/20/2011, 1:40 am

TNPUGMOMOF3 wrote:
smoochieface wrote:

I am pretty sure she means a tortise colored cat. Not sure how she would know a turtle was already prego.... Shocked

Laughing Laughing Excellent point! I don't speak "cat." All for the better anyway. Not sure I could justify turning down a rescue turtle to my boys. A good friend of Karl's has three turtles and he and Logan go turtle hunting in the back yard whenever we visit.

smoochieface
smoochieface

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 7/20/2011, 3:13 am

Well, if I ever find a lost turtle, I call you. You never know with my neighborhood.

My neighbor up the street had just moved in. He woke up early to start in on the house. It happened to be Thanksgiving Morning. He looked out the window and there was a TURKEY walking down the middle of the street. Who knows where it was going or even why it was here. It is the funniest story about my neighborhood happening I have heard to date.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 7/20/2011, 11:35 am

Renee wrote:Sorry to be the voice of reason here - but, MaryJo cannot actually commit to taking these two pugs without the approval of the board for Polar Pug Rescue, unless she had plans to take them on personally?

No Reneé.. I was wishful thinking as usual.
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 7/20/2011, 11:37 am

Maryjo wrote:Poor things! Up here, we have people wanting a rescue pug, but not enough pugs to go around. This is when I wish that 'pug pipeline' to Alaska was set up.

Reneé- the quote above was my 'wishful think'... I would not say 'send them up' without Board approval.
Maryjo
Maryjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 7/20/2011, 11:38 am

smoochieface wrote:
Miss Pit wrote:How about doing a ground transport through a couple of states and then Pilot and Paws the rest of the way to Alaska? They're very cute and sounds like they would be high in demand up there.

Trish

Trish, do you have any familiarity with them? It looks like the distance limit one pilot can fly is 350 ground miles. Maryjo, just out of curiosity, how close would we have to get to get within 350 miles of Anchorage, even assuming there is a small plane pilot willing to fly to Anchorage?

That would put them in the middle of the ocean. *LOL*
Maryjo
Maryjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 7/20/2011, 11:40 am

Miss Pit wrote:
Renee wrote:Sorry to be the voice of reason here - but, MaryJo cannot actually commit to taking these two pugs without the approval of the board for Polar Pug Rescue, unless she had plans to take them on personally?

Completely understand,Renee. I don't even know if there's pilots along that route that could/would help. So I guess this means I can't just have Kendie tie a big red ribbon on the pugs and put them in a basket with a bottle of wine and drop off on MJ's doorstep?!! My HR Director is giving up her two pugs *UPDATE-they are placed* - Page 2 547493 -Trish

Actually, Kendie sort of did that with Bozlee. My HR Director is giving up her two pugs *UPDATE-they are placed* - Page 2 977583

My HR Director is giving up her two pugs *UPDATE-they are placed* - Page 2 547493
Maryjo
Maryjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 7/20/2011, 12:50 pm

OMG, the owner of the company I contract for just replied to my post about the pugs. Maybe he does have a heart somewhere in there after all!

Alpha Pet Care wrote: "Thanks for posting this! Alpha will give 30% off dog walking for a month to the family that is able to adopt these cuties. If only I had room for two more :("
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 7/20/2011, 1:29 pm

Not Afraid wrote:OMG, the owner of the company I contract for just replied to my post about the pugs. Maybe he does have a heart somewhere in there after all!

Alpha Pet Care wrote: "Thanks for posting this! Alpha will give 30% off dog walking for a month to the family that is able to adopt these cuties. If only I had room for two more :("

Wow, that is really nice.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Back to top Go down

Post  majik 7/21/2011, 6:21 am

I had a very strong suspicion that people suck and this confirms it.How could anyone give up to elderly pugs just like that.....?
But all of you guys working to do right for them warms my heart again My HR Director is giving up her two pugs *UPDATE-they are placed* - Page 2 335895
majik
majik

Number of posts : 127

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 7/21/2011, 6:30 am

Have you found a home for them yet Kendie?? Do they get along with other dogs??? I might need to call my dad!! He lives in West Hills...His wife had always wanted pugs...they have two labs...a chihuahua and a shitzu...I think that is all they have...at one point they had 10 while living in the desert...

I can call if they are still in need of a home...

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 7/21/2011, 1:36 pm

Jessica wrote:Have you found a home for them yet Kendie?? Do they get along with other dogs??? I might need to call my dad!! He lives in West Hills...His wife had always wanted pugs...they have two labs...a chihuahua and a shitzu...I think that is all they have...at one point they had 10 while living in the desert...

I can call if they are still in need of a home...

Jessica, she hasn't found homes for them yet. Yes, please call your dad and see if he might be interested. West Hills isn't too far away from where we are and I could definitely help with things. If you want, PM me your email address and I will forward to you the original e-mail from the owner with some more pics. Thanks so much!
smoochieface
smoochieface

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 7/21/2011, 1:38 pm

Kendie, my friend in SLC is also forwarding it to a few of her friends in all breed rescues in CA. I just fwded her the email since it was easier with the pics!
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 7/21/2011, 1:42 pm

Saira wrote:Kendie, my friend in SLC is also forwarding it to a few of her friends in all breed rescues in CA. I just fwded her the email since it was easier with the pics!

That's fantastic! Thanks so much, Saira. Getting the word out is half the battle. Hopefully, we'll get lucky. I get angrier and angrier the more I think about it. I really don't know how you rescue folks deal on a daily basis constantly bending over backwards and re-arranging your days because dumbass people can't be bothered to keep their dogs at an age when their dogs need them most. My HR Director is giving up her two pugs *UPDATE-they are placed* - Page 2 253213 I know, it's worth it when you get a happy ending but still . . .
smoochieface
smoochieface

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 7/21/2011, 1:55 pm

Hey, folks, hold off for a second. I just go an email from Marcia. The pugs may have a home --

Hi Kendie,

I received a call last night from from someone interested in the pugs. I took them over to her loving home last night. We are going to see how Milo and Otis get along with her other dogs. They have a huge yard and a Lab and chiwawa (sp?). They did pretty good last night and the puggies were loving all the attention they were getting from their family members (they have four older kids). Lets hope for the best!!! I then got an email this morning from someone else interested so that sounds like a possible back up. I don't want to bounce them around so I'm praying that this works out. They seemed wonderful. I will keep you posted.[/size]

I just talked to Marcia and she said the pugs are in a home in Fountain Valley, they were settling nicely on the family's couches when she left, and the children were discussing where the pugs would sleep at night. I am crossing all my fingers and toes and the pugs have found the right, loving home for them.

Thanks so much for spreading the word. The family said they got the email from someone who heard from someone who heard from someone, so getting the word out really did make a difference.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Back to top Go down

Post  Erin 7/21/2011, 1:57 pm

I love how everyone comes together, heart warming.

Kendie you said, "at the age when they need you the most" , makes me cry thinking about.

I hope it all works out for these two xx
Erin
Erin

Number of posts : 697

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next